Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install date.... you got it wrong!!!

les37b
Grafter

Install date.... you got it wrong!!!

Hi
I placed an order with you on 26 Decemeber and selected an install date of 14,15 or 16 January.
After chasing up my old ISP, I managed to get my mac key yesterday and phoned to give the details. Shortly after, I got an email saying a call ref had been updated, confirming the order was successful and proceeding.
I then got another email saying you had booked an engineer for the 9th Jan and to update the call if there was a problem with that. i did exactly that, but have now received another update telling me my Plusnet modem will be active on the 9th Jan!
I appreciate its probably an automated process - but I need to get someone to confirm this is being looked at and amended as requested. Having learnt that BeThere are going to bill me until the 2 February, I'd rather not advance the change over and increase payments for 2 services running / billed simultainiously!
Incidently - I also called my phone line co (Primus) to inform them of the impending change at midday yesterday. Do you think its likely that my phone line has been mangled because Ive told them I'm off? Just seems a strange coincidence that I got home yesterday to find I had no dial tone and bad noise on the line. I have eventually got to register the fault this morning (after trying solidly last night from 1600 until 2000 and getting nowhere.) They have confirmed there is a fault and an engineer booked - but with a 3 day fix! Is that normal too? Seems a lon time to be without a phone line!!!
27 REPLIES 27
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Install date.... you got it wrong!!!

Really sorry about that, I'm not sure why we've gone with the different date without explaining why, I would assume it's a mistake.
I'm amending the order now, it's not an immediate process to change an appointment so bear with me and I'll keep you posted, it may take a day or two before I can confirm a new appointment.
Sorry for any hassle.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

No problem Adam - and thanks for the quick reply.
But can I draw your attention to my responce in "my questions"? I know I had originally requested a morning visit. I've amended that to being PM in that reply.
Just drawing your attention to that!  Smiley
adie:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem I kept that in mind Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

Ok thanks Adam..... I had just replied in "my questions" saying PM please!
dick:quote
les37b
Grafter

Hmmm.... So using a quote from a previous post is a no no eh! Silly rule IMHO - since I dont know when responding if it will be the next in the thread - and my reply had two halves! But whatever...... I asked purely because I couldnt see the issue!
But I digress!

Is there any update please on installation dates?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If some else has posted in the interval you are told when you try to post and get the chance to edit your post. Put the cursor at the beginning, find the post you are replying to in the Summary below and click Insert Quote, then click post again - job done!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
les37b
Grafter

Ahh... you mean if I reply to your post and someone cuts in between! Was gonna say - I just tested with your quote and nothing happened!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm still waiting for confirmation/otherwise about the date I requested yesterday I'm expecting to get that through today so I'll keep you posted.
Adam

EDIT: FYI I've just added some info to the open ticket on your account for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

Damn..... I just saw that.
I wished I'd said nothing now! Pushing it back to the 23rd is annoying! I would have kept it to the 9th if Id known this!

les37b
Grafter

OK..... So my install has been pushed back to 23 January.
Just a. Quickie! I was under the impression that the installation process meant that you take then BB then a week or so later, you take the line. Have to say, I always found that odd, but if that's the process.......

I've just had an email saying you are taking the line on the 23rd January. Now it's not a problem to me (beneficial to be honest), but just asking in case it was booked with the previous date put forward of the 9th of Jan. (I expect everything is fine - just being certain and flagging it up in case there is a potential problem!)
les37b
Grafter

^^^^^ Bump ^^^^^
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Where there's an existing BT line, we'll get the broadband sorted first and then move the phone over. However if it's an LLU line (or there's no line) then of course we need to take the line over or install one before we can provide broadband.
Your ADSL was activated yesterday so should be up and running, the phone transfer should complete in a few days Smiley
Hope that helps.
les37b
Grafter

What?
My ADSL is still with BeThere. My Activation isnt due until the 23rd Jan which is why I asked the question in respect of the phone and broadband being down at the same time.
les37b
Grafter

^^^ bump again ^^^