Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm leaving

UncleZen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'm leaving

After 12 or so years, I'm not exactly sure, I'm  leaving PN.

They would only renew at full price whilst giving new customers a huge discount and cashback.

So Pexit has been triggered and I'm moving to Sky, saving me > £10/m

Going forward, I may be back one day (never say never). But I'll be going for short lived big discount offers and switching when the offer ends. You know, the same as you do with gas, electricity  and car insurance etc.

Thank you to all in this community who have helped with the odd question I have had.

9 REPLIES 9
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: I'm leaving

Pexit Grin

Rifc38

I am with you. When I last renewed they said they couldn't match the offer for new deals for new customers. But could give me a discount. 14 days after renewing with my discounted rate they my rate back up to higher than i was originally paying before renewal and hence not honoring the diacount they gave me . When asked they said they are entitled to alter the rate so i now had stay with them. Absolute jokers.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

@Rifc38 

This looks like it may be a billing glitch, so I've flagged it for further review / attention.

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rifc38

I would be interested in hearing about said glitch! Thanks
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Rifc38

Could you please provide your username via a PM so that we can take a look at this for you?

To confirm - we would never intentionally offer you a short term discount with the sole purpose of acquiring your business until the cooling off period expires - I agree with @MauriceC that this more likely a billing issue which I'm happy to investigate and resolve.

Thanks

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Rifc38 

I've taken a look at this for you and the bills which have been generated on your account match the pricing that you agreed here. Although your most recent invoices are higher than than the figure quoted on your contract, this is due to call charges which have been incurred through calls you've made. You can of course add a call package to your account to negate these if you feel that this would be economical for yourself.

To confirm, there's no glitch or error on your account.

Thanks

Dave

happybunny
Grafter

Looks like the OP has been completed ignored on his own thread
UncleZen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Im not bothered. As of today Im with Sky.

Its a shame that PN couldnt offer me at least some little deal to keep me. To busy getting new customers with cheap deals and cashback and not looking after loyals customers.

Rifc38

Thanks Dave. 

I know the more recent bulls have been rediculousely high as I actually used the phone. For a couple of calls

The problem I had was March 22nd I started a new contract with you, and on the 12th of April you raised my contracted rate.

As I said I didn't believe it to be a glitch just a salesman hitting his targets then the price being bumped as soon as the 14 days was up. Not  trick I will fall for twice

fortunately plusnet are not the only supplier offering this service so I am able to shop around and get a "New customer deal" 

Thanks again

Rich