cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hows this for feedback?

Devonian
Grafter

Hows this for feedback?

I signed up to PlusNet 6 weeks ago because I couldn't stand BT a minute longer.
3 weeks ago my broadband was migrated seemlessly, and I have had great stability and speed since.
Since them though lots of strange things have been happening.
I was told that somebody at PlusNet messed up the phone order, which then failed, which then automatically issued an order to cancel my broadband.
I have since been told that nobody, including open reach, can cancel the cancellation order!
On top of that, nobody at PlusNet even seem to know I am actually getting broadband from PlusNet at the moment!!!
Today PlusNet have told me there is an issue with my phoneline that will stop me being able to have broadband on my line.
Umm PlusNet, I already have your broadband!!!!!
PlusNet have also said, on the same ticket, that because there is a problem with my phone line, that my broadband will be cancelled!!!
On top of that, my phoneline migration booked for tomorrow, has been cancelled to.

Now, we all know how wonderful BT customer service is, so it came as no surprise that an hour after I told them the cancel my account from the 25 May, my phone switched to incoming calls only!!!!
That means, not only will I have no broadband, I will also have no phone service.
Thank you so much for your great customer service PlusNet.
I just rang customer service, on my mobile so costing a bomb... I was hung up on the first time, and the second time I was told that I couldn't have broadband from PlusNet because it wont work on my line... she then said she will look into it and ring me back in a minute.
I wont hold my breath.

PLUSNET.. I want my MAC code please... and no I cant phone the customer options number, because I work nights, so I will be sleeping.
101 REPLIES 101
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hows this for feedback?

Devonian,
I'm sorry it's come to this. I can see that you have called in this afternoon and that we have filled you in as to the exact reasons for the problems with your broadband order.
We're now working with our suppliers to get this closed off ASAP. I'm back on the phone with them now for the second time today about this so I'll update you again soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just off the phone and have updated your ticket. To clarify the broadband order has not been cancelled but is in a jeaopardy state which means that it won't complete without manual intervention.
That has now been requested and the issue escalated. I'll be in touch tomorrow by which time we should have another update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Im the meantime, have you issued a MAC as was requested yesterday?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I think you know the answer to that question.
There are actually 2 reasons we haven't issued a MAC.
1. No contact has been made with our Customer Options Team as required to cancel an account or receive a MAC.
2. As the order hasn't closed, the asset (broadband on the line) won't show as active and that means we can't issue a MAC.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I accept your reason # 2.
Regarding Reason #1, Shame on PlusNet.
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
I accept your reason # 2.
Regarding Reason #1, Shame on PlusNet.

Wheel nut, I second that!!
And thanks for the support!!
Adam, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have been told a number of completely different stories now.
I really, really, don't beleive it can be so difficult to complete an order, especially as the product is up and running.
I was told last night by a PlusNet rep that part of the problem MIGHT be because BT put my phone to incoming calls, as I am moving suppliers (was moving) so she requested I speak to BT again and try to get my line re-enabled.
She also promised to call me back between 13:30 and 14:30 today to update me, however she didn't ring me, and the only contact I have had is from yourself.
Another failed promise.

Anyway I did speak to BT, and after lots of arguing, they agreed to unrestrict my line, and said I should be able to make calls again within 24 hours.

Onto the subject of a MAC code, I have requested it via the ticket system, and this forum, which has been acknowledged by 2 members of PlusNet staff, so I expect to receive it within 24 hours in my regestered email address.
I wont be ringing the options team, because the hours they operate are the hours I am sleeping, due to my job.
I have given PlusNet plenty of opportunity to fix a problem, yet instead of it being fixed, more are created.
I have also been promised call backs that have not happened.
All of these things are a reminder of the awful trouble I was having with BT, and I will not allow any company to put me through that again, and that includes PlusNet.
Devonian
Grafter

And before any body points out I said Im sleeping all day, and I didn't have a call back today, my phone was switched on, next to my bed, so it would have woken me.
phil4
Grafter

Hi,  PN will stubornly refuse to issue a MAC code unless you call or write.
Can I suggest you write... it'll save your sanity. 
No, not saying I think PN are right or justified, just trying to save you waiting and going round and circles asking for it.
Devonian
Grafter

To be honest Phil, it looks like my line will be disconnected after all.
I just phoned BT to confirm my line is being re-activated... guess what?
The order number I was given is invalid, and apparantly there is no record of any such request being made, not only that if I want my line activating fully again, I need to pay this months outstanding broadband bill....
I explained I am not even with BT, and not only that, BT disconnected my broadband mistakenly over 6 weeks ago, so there is no outstanding bill for this month, or any other month.
BT's reply?  I am mistaken, I have BT broadband!!
I am now in the middle of a nightmare where BT say one thing, however the complete opposite is true, and PlusNet seem unable to do a simple thing like complete a broadband order, and provide a phone service, leaving me with the stress and probability of me losing all services, AND having to pay out extra to have it all put right, even though I don't owe either PlusNet or BT a single penny!!
I am seriously thinking about cutting my loses, and getting the post office to provide a new line, then I can start a fresh.
phil4
Grafter

What a mess!!!
In my honest opinion.... A new line is your best bet despite cost.
Don't be tempted to go with virgin, that was a month of misery i tried, that I wouldn't want others to have to try.
Devonian
Grafter

Theres no cable here mate, so Im stuck with a bt line, although LLU could be a possibility... that limits me to talktalk, o2, and BE.
talktalk is a definate no no, and O2, BE are quite expensive.
I honestly thought my best choice was PlusNet when BT agreed to tear up my contract...
Its such a mess, and its such a silly little problem!!!
phil4
Grafter

Well when PN works, it works well and the trivial problems are usually sorted quickly, which is why I'm still here.
But it doesnt seem to matter that you want it, between them they're managing to make it impossible.
Good luck, and I hope whatever the result you are happy and you get there quickly.
Devonian
Grafter

Cheers mate.  Smiley
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Devonian, If you have O2 LLU service available at your exchange, that would seem to be your best option. By all accounts on TBB, the service is excellent and the CS is very responsive.
I would send PlusNet a letter by Recorded Delivery outlining the duration of this debacle and referencing this Forum Thread(s). Refer also to PlusNet's confirmation in this thread that your Service has NOT been established with PlusNet and that you are CANCELLING the Order you place with them on grounds of non-fulfillment of their obligations within a reasonable Time.
This may then leave you still a BT Customer. I have to say that I have found it very easy to convince BT Customer Service to compensate me for lack of Service provision. Indeed, in my transfer from PlusNet to BT in April, they (automatically) credited my account with £30 to compensate me for the loss of Anytime calls when they delayed the transfer of my Phone line by 20 days. You should be able to get BT to waive ALL charges from the date that your service with them ceased.
Since PlusNet claim that your service is NOT with them, you should be able to get a fresh MAC from BT to effect the migration to O2.