cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hows this for feedback?

WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Hows this for feedback?

I suspect that, at the root of all this, is a difference between what is actually physically connected (and what is properly configured in some computers, such as at Plusnet) against what is defined in BT's ordering system for the physical connections (at Openreach) and the DSL connection (at BT Wholesale), against what is defined in BT's billing system (at BT retail).
A problem at Openreach's ordering system could cause most of the issues you have, and be impossible to cancel. I have the same thing going on with a request to swap to fibre, where we cannot get the appointment made.
In those circumstances, I suspect that using a new MAC might just confuse the entire system further - forcing you down the "new line" path. Be wary...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Devonian, I just need to draw your attention to my reply to this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95868.16.html To clarify it is a system issue that our suppliers are working to overcome, I'm continuing to apply pressure and escalate this issue for you.
@WWWombat, It's a similar issue affecting your order or in this case our ability to raise an order. I have escalated this further and will be chasing this as well today for you so I'll make sure you get updated too.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

Any more escalations, and you'll be chatting to Ian Livingstone  Grin
And all it probably needs is a simple bit of SQL somewhere...
Plusnet Customer
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Any more escalations, and you'll be chatting to Ian Livingstone

If I had to, I would, I do hope that things don't need to go that far though Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi WWW,
From this lengthy debacle, I sensed that Devonian's patience with the BT/ PlusNet partnership has irreconcilably run out. Adam and Matt (and others) have tried their best to break the mexican stand-off between BT, Openreach and PlusNet systems and hardware.
My suggestion to cancel the order will result in the service (notionally) return to BT as supplier. At that point, if BT are able to ussue a new MAC, it will signal the termination of the current Migration.
Since O2 LLU is NOT delivered over the BT IPStream network, it will be a clean break from the frustrations encountered in this debacle.
Just for clarification, I am not being critical of Adam, Matt and other PlusNet agents in their efforts to resolve this logjam,(other than their inability through company policy to provide a MAC). Sometimes, when you have continually banged your head against a brick wall, it is best to walk around it  Smiley
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Adam.
I am awaiting the promised update still, hopefully things will be resolved... But I'm not to confident.
Yes I understand what your saying about the order systems etc, but all due respect, these issues aren't my problem, I ordered the products, I paid for the products, and plusnet agreed to supply it.
Whatever the problem maybe, its not up to me to sit back and say 'no problem mate' because at the end of the day, I'm not getting the service I requested, I am getting stressed out worrying about it, when in reality all I want is a simple phone/broadband service.
WWWombat
Grafter

Hi Wheel_nut,
I also detect Devonian's patience has run out, and that Adam's endeavours may not be enough to retain their custom... and that a new ISP needs to be considered. I would choose Be at that juncture, over O2, but it would be a personal choice.
However, the problem looked to me to be something stuck in Openreach's systems - looking very similar to my problem, and since confirmed by Adam. There we cannot clear an old order/appointment from the system, which prevents any new action from being added, yet cannot be removed itself - ie it cannot be "just" cancelled. I suspect therefore that trying to add more complexity, by cancelling or by getting a new MAC (to either remove, or transfer away from, a connection that openreach computers patently don't believe exists) can only hinder. That adding further ISPs trying to escalate the issue with Openreach will just multiply the confusion.
Openreach own the copper to the house, and are a common link in this issue, whether the ISP is BT's Retail arm, Plusnet, or even the LLU providers such as O2. So my suspicion is that *any* extra activity will just add to the problem - including steps to go backward, or to go forward in a new direction.
I wish Openreach were more responsive to such problems. I wish they had a mechanism to "jump the queue" for customers whose orders have required re-ordering. I wish Plusnet were a little faster over escalating some issues with them, or considerably harsher. In fact, the whole arrangement that Openreach works under screams for an automatic penalty scheme from Ofcom. But they're not responsive by policy - and it seems they're not very responsive to escalations either. And that behaviour makes monkeys out of the most well-intentioned Plusnet staff (or any ISP staff TBH).
I understand Devonian's problem over Plusnet's ownership. I tend to ignore that, knowing that it means little at an operational level - and that is where the issues are here.
I also understand the extra frustration & stress, because loss of service is there (or threatened) - and I'd be a lot more annoyed if my problem included loss of phone/ADSL service. But reacting to the frustration isn't going to necessarily lead to the best way out of the crisis.
But this is all IMH. It could well be that forgetting everything, and starting a new migration from BT retail is the best way forward.
Plusnet Customer
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@devonian.
I've spoken at length again with our suppliers who advise that the system issue is still preventing order closure and a request is still logged with the appropriate team to resolve this.
As we still see this as a lack of urgency and an unacceptable response I have now escalate this to our BT Wholesale account manager which is the highest level of escalation possible. I will continue to keep you updated from here. I still can't give a definitive time frame I'm afraid but I'm confident that this level of escalation will garner more attention and urgency to this problem where it is clearly needed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@WWWombat,
Your turn now, our requests to clear the flag that is preventing us from placing a new order seems to be going nowhere so I've escalated this to the next level. Please see your support ticket for more details and I should be speaking with you at some point tomorrow.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WWWombat
Grafter

Cor - 3000 posts. A busy time...
Good luck for tomorrow...
Plusnet Customer
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

3001 now!
I'm a person that thrives on being busy, thanks :).
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and I hope a little bit of advise for Devonian,  there is an old proverb - too many cooks spoil the broth.
it is possible that you phoning up BT and asking them to do things is not helping but  making the stew worse, I suggest letting Adam do his bit, you never know it might work
Devonian
Grafter

Adam.. my phone is now unrestricted again, so that can't be blamed for any 'incompatibility' issues.
As per your reply, why wasen't my case escalated before today, like I was told it had been?
Its the same thing every day, and now it has come to light that I am not the only person facing this issue.
I am really at an utter loss as to what to say, PlusNet say they are customer service focused, yet I have had nothing but false promises and failed call backs,
Short of a minor miracle, I can't imagine PlusNet sorting this out.
Devonian
Grafter

Pierre I was advised by PlusNet to ring BT and ask for the restriction on my line to be lifted.
That is all I have done mate, and the restriction is now lifted.
With respect mate, in the period of time PlusNet has been 'sorting' this problem, nothing has changed, or moved on.
Infact it went a week without even being looked at!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe Devonian you need to escalate this issue within Plusnet.
Sending a personal message highlighting this thread to Richard Fletcher, the Plusnet Chief Operating Officer, might be a good start.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9128