Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Topics merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Brandscill
Grafter

You've merged the topics but there's no clear answer in this thread?
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Brandscill wrote:
but there's no clear answer in this thread

This has become the dustbin thread for questions about coming changes. So a lot of distinct questions get lost and remain unanswered.

Mav
Fixes: 515

On 6/7 HarryB wrote

I've been advised that you would need to call us within 30 days of receiving the email to let us know you're leaving so we can ensure the early termination fees are removed from the account.

on 5/7 HarryB wrote

Although technically you could wait until day 29 of the 30 days notice we provide and then request cancellation with the 14 days notice we require for the cancellation, you may not defer the cancellation date excessively.

Hope that helps.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Brandscill
Grafter

Thanks Mav. This thread has become too large to dig out anything of use anymore.
PLan2015
Grafter

@MattyC wrote:

Correct. We first started sending comms out on the 27th.

These are being sent out in batches? Is there some preference to who gets their e-mail earliest? I suppose it makes sense to send the price rise e-mail to people who've joined recently as late as possible to maximise revenue - just in case they decide to leave?

Haven't got mine yet(recent joiner) ... 

lenny
Grafter

Received my email today about the price rises , does  this now allow me to leave with no penalties if I wish as long as I inform plusnet ,

I am on the 40/2 FTTC ,what's the chances of getting put on the new 55/10 FTTC 

Cheers

Brandscill
Grafter

Hi @lenny

You will be able to leave without penalty yes, if you look for another provider they will inform Plusnet you're leaving and as long as it's within 30 days there will be no penalty. I was also advised to call Plusnet to let them know I would be migrating my service elsewhere which I did yesterday.

You won't be able to move to 55/10 as this isn't a service Plus Net sell and is instead only a service being offered to those on 40/20 which they're moving everyone off of.

Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-confirm-Price-changes-for-1st-September-2016/m...

.........on above thread it states that 'some' Fibre customers will be getting an increase in speed from 38mbps to 52mbps from 1st Aug 2016. Would the 'some' include recent new fibre customers? I upgraded from adsl and it's due to start at 38mbps within the next few days. Would I qualify for this increase in speed? Thanks.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Debs947

The increase is for a bunch of customers on a legacy product which costs Plusnet too much money to supply. So the move to 55/10 saves Plusnet money. It is not about given something to customers, it is about Plusnet  making money.

And no they have ZERO plans in offering the 55/10 product to any other customer.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for explaining. Smiley

Richchad
Rising Star

Had the price increase letter almost a couple of weeks ago, I took out a Plusnet Anytime contracted service 24 month contract on 8 august 2014 together with line rental saver and renewing LRS for another year.

I understand my contract will expire next month together with my LRS so am I right if I want to leave I do not need to give notice within 30 days?

I also had a discount with my 24 month contract, I assume this will cease when contract expires?

So if I remain with PN my existing BB stays the same price, my anytime phone charge increases by 50p I loose my discount and my LRS increases.

If I change my product to Unlimited Fibre what would be the term of the contract and would I get any discount similar to new customers who get 6 months free?

xinam
Dabbler

I have not received my increase notification yet. Any ideas when I could expect it? 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Richchad wrote:

If I change my product to Unlimited Fibre what would be the term of the contract and would I get any discount similar to new customers who get 6 months free?

I'd recommend speaking with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss this Smiley

(Open until 8pm this evening)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Richchad

It is worth noting that the LRS doesn't increase even though the line rental charge has increased by £1. Your subscription therefore would only increase by 50p for the anytime calls option, plus any discount you were receiving for broadband would be lost and you would revert to the full price. It would be worth calling calling Customer Options to see if you could get a new discount in return for taking out a new contract. Also bear in mind that if you are on the Unlimited Fibre package, your current speeds would be 40/20, which would change to 55/10 on 1st August. If you were to negotiate a discount in return for taking out a new contract than your speeds would be 40/2, but if you stayed on your current package you would stay on 55/10.

My other car isn't a Ferrari