cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does It Take !!!!! Ticket 31405747 HELP

lauprewob
Grafter

How Long Does It Take !!!!! Ticket 31405747 HELP

I logged a ticket on monday morning regarding the speed of my connection, i am only getting 224kps of download speed, i got an automated response and that's it nothing else after twice adding info for the (support team) !! what support. This is my first rant as i am new to plusnet if it doesn't get sorted quick it will not be my last and i will be voting with my feet !!  From what i have read on this forum james is the only one who takes action & cares so i hope he reads this.
50 REPLIES 50
crossfancy
Grafter

Re: How Long Does It Take !!!!! Ticket No30495258

Hi, I had a similar problem and was told earlier in the week by the support team that the reason I wasn't getting a response
was because I kept posting updates on my question, which then pushed my question back to the end of the queue. If this is true it's absurd but would fit quite well with my current impression of plusnet's supposed service!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@ lauprewob
I'll get someone to pick up your fault today, sorry about the delay.
@crossfancy
Which ticket was it you were told this on? If you update the ticket it doesn't move it to the back of the queue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is currently syncing at 1344, which is giving a line profile of 1000. Your profile was previously at 250 which is why you weren't seeing any speeds higher than that.
Are you plugged in to the master socket through a single filter?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
composer

My experience of Plusnet is that the only way to get a response to a question is to post it here on rants and raves. I also got the " if you post updates to a question it goes to the back of the queue" response when I complained about the lack of human response to questions.
Plusnet support appears to be no better or worse than the vast majority of ISPs, so if a better deal comes along I will certainly look to change.
James
Grafter

Just to confirm, updating the ticket doesn't put it into the back of the queue.
lauprewob
Grafter

Chris
Thanks for the reply
The router is plugged directly in to the master socket via a asdl filter with no phone in the filter, i have also removed the front plate from the socket and fitted the filter directly in the the socket behind that and this still has not increased the speed. Any more ideas ?
James
Grafter

Hi,
When you say that your speed hasn't improved, do you mean the speed reported by your router, or the speeds you're seeing when doing test results?
It's important to look at the ones that the router is getting, as there's normally a delay of a couple days before the actual speeds pick up again.
lauprewob
Grafter

Hi James
I am going on the speed reported by the braodband speed test i have done on the BT site and also via the link on the plus net site, Sorry to appear to be thick but where can i see the speed of the router as i can only see an icon that shows it is connected to the wireless network and the signal is excellent 
Cheers
paul
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if it is a Thomson router from Plusnet this will give you them http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?ce=1&be=0&l0=1&l1=0 alternatively have a look here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
lauprewob
Grafter

James/Chris
don't know what you've done but just checked the speed and before i was getting 224 kps now getting 863kps !!!  Smiley Don't get me wrong this is light years from what i was getting before but (there's always a but) the bt site says i should be getting 3mb is there anything you or i can do to get some more (said oliver) !!!
cheers
crossfancy
Grafter

@crossfancy
Which ticket was it you were told this on? If you update the ticket it doesn't move it to the back of the queue.

Hi Chris,
It was 29986619. I finally cracked and called support on Monday to ask for an update. I had BT out on Friday last week for the issue and I've just got an email from plusnet asking for another appointment as the problem is miles worse since BT came! BT are saying they can't find a fault but last week they said this and their engineer immediately identified a hardware fault at the exchange! Fingers crossed they'll sort it this time! Simon
lauprewob
Grafter

James / Chris
Just another gripe (sorry) you have done an excellent job in communication but the ticket i originally raised on monday is still awaiting a respone from the support team ! Should i call it a day and close the ticket even though i am still convinced there is a problem somewhere even though i have checked the line through the bt site and it came back no fault found. I believe i should be getting more speed on this line as i can walk to the Mosborough Exchange in Sheffield from my house in 10 mins.
Cheers Guys
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Looking at your line length, I'm afraid that it looks like it takes a much longer route to your exchange than your feet do.
I'll answer your ticket in a second, but you should be getting speeds in the region of 1Mbps currently, based on the profiling as it stands.
lauprewob
Grafter

Morning James
i have read you update on the ticket and can plug the router directly in to the master socket behind the front plate, i will do this as soon as i get home tonight. do i just plug the router in to the filter or is it ok to plug the telephone in aswell ?  Now that you have mentioned it i have noticed a  crackle on the telephone line over the past few days. Will let you know if the line is quieter after doing this.
Thanks again