cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

hillyfields123
Grafter

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Brilliant! So we can all now get non-urgent support for our phone and broadband without having to waste half an hour on the phone or live chat..
Hang on.. Where exactly is this option? I can't seem to find it where the handbook says...
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Good grief!! All this fuss over adv improvement to service?
When I first joined PN, four or five years ago, I had horrendous problems ( not PN's fault -BT, or whatever clone they were at the time) and I was trying to sort then out using the ticket system .
The waiting for replies was frustrating, you'd post some more information on the ticket (update it) and go to the bottom of the pile again!
By far the quickest response was to ask a question on the forum. I got almost instant help. Problems sorted very quickly.
This live chat seems to me to be a variation of that, but with the advantage of privacy.
I hope I have no more problems, but if I do I will happily use live chat.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I agree that the ticket system wouldn't be suitable for your issues if they where major but the ticketing system is good for people to record issues that may not be having such adverse affects on service...
As I mentioned before, the ticket system is no good for those who have lost service completely
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

My service was unusable. I accessed the site on my phone. Much of my contact was done during the day, at work, on the road. Must people have this facility available.
Or you could wait till you get home and join the queue trying to access it at night!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Doris,
I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here; the introduction of Chat is excellent and no one has said anything different.  PlusNet has chosen to promote chat for residential users as the preferred means of contact; that is excellent too.
However much of the PlusNET support process still revolves around the ticket system: all the fault trouble shooters use it; CRT staff ask for certain issues to be progressed though the ticket system; system notices use it; the list goes on... and some users prefer it to the other options.  What many find irksome (and is the point of this thread) is what PlusNET has chosen to do; which is to remove the links to the ticket system in the portal pages aimed at residential users.  This makes finding existing tickets difficult and seems to be a means of discouraging residential users' use of the ticket system even when, by evidence of its essential use, it is still needed.  Note that for business users, the ticket system remains the first promoted means of contact.
Also for information, the issue of touched tickets going to the back of the queue, was fixed at the beginning of February.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deezel55
Grafter

Funny, since I have threatened a court case over cashback which has not been paid they removed this facilty which of course is a written record of what has gone on.
Simple proof which they obviously would seem to want to deny their customers a record of events.
Fortunate;y I have retained the occasonal emails they have sent me on the subject.
This firm will seem to stop at nothing to evade cashback payments.
Its really a disgrace
edit, found the link now but what a naff move by plusnet
they just make life harder and harder
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yes Doris, I like many others prefer the ticket system for non urgent matters so that evidence can be attached and if the questions needs some advanced assistance then it will find its way to somebody, however none of that will be possible with Live Chat and over the Phone and as you said I don't want to be waiting in queues and I certainly don't want to be trying to sort issues whilst driving and in work and certainly have better things to do with my evenings than sitting on hold.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: deezel55

Its really a disgrace

I hardly think they would screw many customers just because of your cash back claim... while I was in the same boat as you I kept on to Plusnet and got a pay out in the end... you must think that the cash back offers dragged a lot of custom in and then it seems there was a fault so Plusnet are playing catch up..
Also your tickets will still be accessible by both you and Plusnet
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

@Townman.
Kevin,
            I didn't realise the ticket issue had been resolved, I'm glad it has, as I haven't had any issues for years.
As fit getting hold of the wrong end of the stick - I must admit I have. However,I still maintain that I had much better response and help through the forums than through the ticketing system. 
deezel55
Grafter

Quote from: mlmclaren

Its really a disgrace

I hardly think they would screw many customers just because of your cash back claim... while I was in the same boat as you I kept on to Plusnet and got a pay out in the end... you must think that the cash back offers dragged a lot of custom in and then it seems there was a fault so Plusnet are playing catch up..
Also your tickets will still be accessible by both you and Plusnet

There is more than just me affected by these non-payment problems and how many more who don't post?
Another twist is after nearly 3 months I received a cheque but for only HALF the cashback owed
You couldn't make this stuff up Crazy
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@doris but I remember when staff members on the fora used to advise clients to raise a ticket to put their issue "in the system". I assume they have been " retrained" to recommend the new unrecorded system  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
mlmclaren
Grafter

There is more than just me affected by these non-payment problems and how many more who don't post?

I know that and I didn't say their wasn't, I posted the other day at my shock the issue was still on going but as you said many are affected and trying to make sure they don't shoot their self in the foot again they are taking their time to make sure things go right...
It's not perfect but it's not the conspiracy you make it seem!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
@doris but I remember when staff members on the fora used to advise clients to raise a ticket to put their issue "in the system". I assume they have been " retrained" to recommend the new unrecorded system  Huh

They still do, it's just rephrased at raise a fault through the fault checker... AKA ticket system!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: doris
However,I still maintain that I had much better response and help through the forums than through the ticketing system.

Hi Doris,
This is always likely to be the case, especially for complex issues or those out with plusnet's remit / responsibility.  The forums provide individuals access to a wealth of knowledge from staff and other users alike, which in many cases is likely to encompass more real world experience than have many ticket / support agents.  Also the forums provide a level of hand holding which is simply not viable though the ticketing system.  That said there have been too many occasions where "wrong answers" on tickets have required escalation through the forums.  Frankly I do not see the chat system as being an answer to the "approximate answer syndrome" issue as that is a function of the responder's understanding of the issue and their individual ability / experience to resolve it.
Good to hear from you again...
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@mlmclaren but that is my point -_the faults covered by the automated reporting system is just a subset of all the possible faults. So what PN have achieved is a reduction in recorded faults by shunting a large proportion into telephone calls an live chat  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra