Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

I found the link
It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: jelv
Looking at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ there are two methods of contacting Plusnet about a problem in the main body of the page: Chat to us online and Give us a call.
If neither of those are suitable (e.g. need to send an attachment, it's a long winded query), the only other possible link in the main body is
Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about your Plusnet service then let us know and we'll do our best to make things right.
Log in to make a complaint via our website and we'll aim to reply within 5 working days.

I predict you will see an increase in complaints which would otherwise have been normal tickets.

Possibly. We're monitoring volumes of tickets, complaints and chats to see the impact.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: gofaster
I found the link
It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'

Grin Grin
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Do we continue to provide customers in distress with links to the ticketing system or let them ask Jess? (serious question)
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That isn't funny
Translated
It is hidden at the bottom of one page on the Member Centre of the website whereas there are two very obvious links
One in the main header - HEAD & SUPPORT
One under Help and Support - Need any help - Go to Help and Support
Neither of which get you to tickets
Chris
Legend

Quote from: Oldjim
That isn't funny

I was more laughing at the Hitchhikers Guide reference Sad
One in the main header - HEAD & SUPPORT
One under Help and Support - Need any help - Go to Help and Support

They should take you to the help and support pages. It's a big change to previous but the 'contact us' link is the way to get the details about how to get in touch.
Do we continue to provide customers in distress with links to the ticketing system or let them ask Jess?

If they need to contact support they can do so via ticket, chat or call. Or posting on here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Chris
They should take you to the help and support pages. It's a big change to previous but the 'contact us' link is the way to get the details about how to get in touch.
Except that link only gives the Option of Chat or phone
gofaster
Rising Star

... the 'contact us' link is the way to get the details about how to get in touch.
If they need to contact support they can do so via ticket, chat or call. Or posting on here.

But the "Contact us" link does NOT mention tickets  Angry
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: georgelnx
2. Some of us on "special products" e.g. fttp need to communicate with the 1 individual who has that product knowledge. General chat will be unsuitable for fttp issues.

Brief side note on this one, it's probably better to just PM myself, or post on the FTTP forum until we properly have the product available.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Chris
Legend

Quote from: Oldjim
Except that link only gives the Option of Chat or phone

Yep. We prefer contact via live chat (and judging from the success of it, so do a lot of customers) or calls, hence these are the ones shown there. The help assistant and therefore tickets are still available via either Ask Jess or the link in the Member Centre.
jem16
Grafter

Yep. We prefer contact via live chat (and judging from the success of it, so do a lot of customers) or calls,

It seems that your poll in the Member Centre disagrees.
39% ticket and 24% chat
Chris
Legend

I've seen that and TBH that's specific to broadband faults, the faults checker is still used for that.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm one of those people who don't like phone calls much preferring face to face or emails in any situation so I'm a bit surprised at 29% for Call Us.
Edit: noted Chris' post above.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

edit: seen Strat's post - nothing to add
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Oldjim
Generally if it's something that's noted on their account I'd advise them to view closed tickets or service notices, the link to them is still available, it's towards the bottom of the page when logged in via member centre and Jelv has provided a direct link earlier in this thread.

After today's debacle I'm sure it will be removed once the oversight is reported
I for one don't trust PN or it's staff anymore  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra