Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Quote from: Chris
if you wanted to get support why wouldn't live chat be an option instead of a ticket (honest question, we want feedback!).

Precisely my point - It should be an option!  You've seemingly removed the option to submit a ticket.
Just as a customer may not have time to sit on the phone, they may not have time to engage in an online chat session for a non-urgent request.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Oldjim
Generally if it's something that's noted on their account I'd advise them to view closed tickets or service notices, the link to them is still available, it's towards the bottom of the page when logged in via member centre and Jelv has provided a direct link earlier in this thread.
@pwatson
Thanks for that, I'm ensuring all of this feedback is collated and passed on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JohnJ-B
Grafter

if you wanted to get support why wouldn't live chat be an option instead of a ticket (honest question, we want feedback!).

If a "follow-through" is required, how is that covered by a live chat scenario?Huh
If the first point of contact requires to seek alternative back-up (or pass the query to another dept/section), how is that covered by a live chat scenario?
How does a live chat scenario cover for the "routine" Service Updates/Information?
As @pwatson has said:- live chat should be an OPTION!
Chris
Legend

Creating a ticket is still available, the links aren't as obvious as previously but they are still available once logged in to the member centre. So anything that needs a follow up, or if someone prefers to create a ticket and wait for a response still can happen.
How does a live chat scenario cover for the "routine" Service Updates/Information?

Not sure what you mean here? These aren't changing and you'll still receive emails about them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

1. Live chat can only handle X number of calls at a time and given that there are 800k plus subscribers, do you really have enough staff 24/7/365 to handle it?
2. Some of us on "special products" e.g. fttp need to communicate with the 1 individual who has that product knowledge. General chat will be unsuitable for fttp issues.
3. Begin able to see tickets means we can double check our facts before going off on a rant.
4. Can attach documents to a ticket with ease.
5. How do you know that the live chat person is the subscriber(nominated person), not their partner/children/burglar?
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Creating a ticket is still available, the links aren't as obvious as previously but they are still available once logged in to the member centre.

I'm logged in - I can't see them.  Failed  Crazy
Chris
Legend

1. Live chat can only handle X number of calls at a time and given that there are 800k plus subscribers, do you really have enough staff 24/7/365 to handle it?

Chat's are more efficient than tickets as staff can handle more than 1 at a time, as I've said though tickets *haven't* been removed, yes it's not as obvious as to where they are but they are still available.
2. Some of us on "special products" e.g. fttp need to communicate with the 1 individual who has that product knowledge. General chat will be unsuitable for fttp issues.

The help assistant is still available once logged in via the member centre, so this can still happen.
3. Begin able to see tickets means we can double check our facts before going off on a rant.

I've flagged up the concerns about the visibility of the chat vs tickets.
4. Can attach documents to a ticket with ease.

Can still be done via the current ticket system.
5. How do you know that the live chat person is the subscriber(nominated person), not their partner/children/burglar?

The same way we do on a call/ticket.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

As per pwatson, me neither. Had to use Jelv link to find the page.
Also Chris, live chat says it is currently down when I went to the contact us page after logging in.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The link I use for the Member Centre (bookmarked) is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myconnection
The only relevant links are
How to Contact Us under Useful Links - and that doesn't work
Checked all the other links which seem appropriate and they don't get me there either
So I have to go to the home page for Member Centre to find it and that is hyperlink as Help Assistant hidden at the bottom
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: pwatson
I'm logged in - I can't see them.  Failed  Crazy

I found the page....but I do have some advantage in knowing my way around. No something a new customer would have.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Logged in, asked Jess where I view my tickets and was given a link that fails HTTP 500 error! https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets
Eventually I got there, just not sure how...... https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It wouldn't be quite so bad if the chat facility was called something different - maybe "Online support".
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looking at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ there are two methods of contacting Plusnet about a problem in the main body of the page: Chat to us online and Give us a call.
If neither of those are suitable (e.g. need to send an attachment, it's a long winded query), the only other possible link in the main body is
Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about your Plusnet service then let us know and we'll do our best to make things right.
Log in to make a complaint via our website and we'll aim to reply within 5 working days.

I predict you will see an increase in complaints which would otherwise have been normal tickets.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

Quote from: HPsauce
Logged in, asked Jess where I view my tickets and was given a link that fails HTTP 500 error! https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets
Eventually I got there, just not sure how...... https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Thanks, I've flagged that error up, it should point you to the right place.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: jelv
It wouldn't be quite so bad if the chat facility was called something different - maybe "Online support".

Will pass this on as an idea.