Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you partly fixed the problem with the Plusnet Profile

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have you partly fixed the problem with the Plusnet Profile

The reason for asking is that my sync speed was 3854kbps for over a month and then dropped to 3714kbps on the 12th May
Yesterday - there was a warm kernel restart which coincided with the multiple disconnection problem across Plusnet and it reconnected at 4018kbps just over 20 hours ago.
I just checked the Plusnet profile before asking for it to be reset (presumably from 3.2Mb to 3.5Mb) and found that it was already correct but there hadn't been a drop in PPP connection so the speed test result was 3046kbps. Did a disconnect/connect and now the speed test is 3371kbps
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Have you partly fixed the problem with the Plusnet Profile

In a nutshell, yes.
We made some changes in March that we saw improvements to the speed profile change. We've still seen a few issues but further changes/improvements are being implemented this coming Tuesday.
Below are the details from your line which show that we received the update at 13:23 and updated it at 20:08 that evening, so a definitely improvement in the updates since March.
The change we're making on Tuesday won't add any additional script runs although this is also being looked at, before that we need to get the profile updates working 100% of the time with the data we get from the delta report.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thanks Chris
So you received the update about 10 minutes after the resync - that is definitely amazing
BUT - you just knew there would be one - the script didn't create a PPP drop
What is meant by "Generic Speed 3500 No time out
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This is just just the generic name for each profile, each one is Generic Speed ** No time out with the speed profile in-between.
The PPP drops is something we're looking at, as we've seen an improvement in the profiles updating we have now noticed more issues where PPP drops haven't initiated.
Again, as soon as we have the profiles working accurately this is then due to be reviewed.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I had hoped things were improved but has it?
Yes the change is quicker but......
My latest change was down instead of up. The profile was briefly lower a day or so ago before a reconnection a very short time later.
The new lower profile change today wasn't to the higher one as expected but to the lower one which was only an hour or so earlier.
I suppose the waiting game is back on? Will it change again in the next day. Will it be stuck.
Oh hum.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well pleasantly surprised as it's now at the correct profile.
Two changes in less that half of the usual time taken.
So the answer to my own question is yes it has improved.