Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Customer after 6 years

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Happy Customer after 6 years

Just thought I would put in some "happy customer" feedback against all the negative stuff...
First off.. I have been a happy customer for 6 years now... I have had a few issues, mainly in the initial setup and slow dial up service that was available 6 years ago, but since being on broadband, I have not had any problems that have warranted "bad feedback"... the line has been stable, due to reading and utilizing the expert help that is available on the forum, and of course on the customer service telephones.
Whenever I have had a problem with a router, I have phoned up, and the operators have offered me a replacement FREE so long as I commit myself to 12 months ... which is a no brainer as far as I am concerned... why keep switching around suppliers to shave a few pence when the service is good and reliable... I could have spent money on a router so that I would not be "locked in" for 12 months, but again, could not see the point.. the money I would have saved by switching ( if I wanted to ) would have been spent on a router... so round and round and round and round... gets nowhere.
There is a lot of help to be had using the forums... yes, the ticket system is slow and cumbersome, so try the phone and see if it can be sorted ... evening times after 5pm to 10 pm are busy, of course... so try to avoid them if you can`t "hang on" listening to the muzac !...
All in all, I have been happy with the service the PlusNet have provided me with over the past 6 years, and hope they will continue to do so , for me, for the next 6 years.
Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
bill
Grafter

Re: Happy Customer after 6 years

I agree with you, Shutter. I have been with Plusnet for over six years and have had few problems. Good, friendly service from Support whether by ticket or phone.
shutter
Community Veteran

The problem with this feedback board is .... usually.... it is only those who have problems, and moan about them, that seem to post... there must be thousands of "happy customers" like you and me, that just forget to say how good their service is/has been, which tends to give a very biased and bad outlook to anyone who is looking to see how PlusNet perform...
Pity this one can`t be made " sticky " at the top of the board  ( hint! hint! )... Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No chance - thinks - could we have a negative sticky to hide it  Grin Grin
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I can only agree with you shutter.  I've had my own connection with Plusnet for 10 years now (16th October if I remember correctly!)  I manage a number of different broadband connections, both business and residential, with a number of different providers, and on the large have the best service from Plusnet.  There are a couple of other providers, that I have a some accounts with, that I could say have given a comparable level of service than Plusnet, but they are costing a lot more every month.  If I could move some of the other connections over to Plusnet then my life would be much simpler!
Keep up the great work.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@ Old Jim......    Rotter !..  Roll_eyes
Next review of the forum should have a Negative Feedback and a Positive Feedback board.... then when the negatives have been dealt with they could be posted as Positive Feedback... showing how good the service really is...
The best thing about PlusNet is that they are allowing bad feedback to be posted, unlike some other isp`s, who would censor it, or not allow it to be published. and when bad feedback is posted, it can be seen as a positive result, especially when the staff respond and show that they really are trying to resolve problems for customers....
Even bad publicity is good publicity, too !..  Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I seem to have joined in the back end of 2003 so 10 years and I have been very happy with it
I am going by the date when I ordered my first router a Netgear DG814 on 12th September 2003 for the princely sum of £82.99 - sheesh  Shocked
shutter
Community Veteran

Your profile says 2007 ! ! ! ..  Huh
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

That's the registration date for the community forums isn't it?  Cool

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 shows you your started date.
Mine is 6 Nov 2001
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

12th Jan 1999  Cheesy
That's RPM to you!!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

28 Dec 2003 and very happy in all that time....I'm a Force9 customer (one of the outcasts). Sad
My first involvement with them was quite a bit earlier when I signed the company I worked for with Plusnet.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Migrated (almost seamlessly) in Jul 2008, and never had cause to consider moving again.
There have been problems, but they've been sorted efficiently every time.
Perfect it ain't - but then - who is? In value for money terms I doubt PN can be beaten.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I was slightly out.  Mine is 28th October 2003, so it will be 10 years on Monday!

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just checked my account
£58.75 05/09/2003 Fully Paid ADSL Initial Charge