Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Fast will available soon?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

G.Fast will available soon?

I have spoken to plusnet about renewal contract as mine is ran out soon in June 2021. I told plusnet I might switch to BT as they don't have any G.fast service 160/30. The guy told me good news that it's appear that Plusnet are bring in G.fast 160/30 soon pretty soon but I did asked him when? He say there is no dates given but trust me it wil be available on plusnet website very soon.

Does PN know this?

I don't want to renewal with PN for 12 months contract again with FTTC 80/20 and suddenly no G.fast available within next 12 months.

I can see BT Wholesales it still sitting there for almost 4 months:

VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 74 20 19 67 Available Available --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 73.4 20 19 67 Available Available --  
G.fast Range A (Clean) 255.9 186.5 38.8 17.8 162.8 Available Available --  
G.fast Range B (Impacted) 212 150.8 26.8 13.4 137.4 Available Available --

36 REPLIES 36
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: G.Fast will available soon?

G.Fast may well be coming soon, but will it be coming to your exchange! I suspect the rollout of this will take years.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Untitled.jpg

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@goldenfibre wrote:

He say there is no dates given but trust me it wil be available on plusnet website very soon.

Does PN know this?

I don't want to renewal with PN for 12 months contract again with FTTC 80/20 and suddenly no G.fast available within next 12 months.

I can see BT Wholesales it still sitting there for almost 4 months:

Might be soon, might be not. What happens when you click on the View Gfast providers? Does a raft load of providers pop up or not much i.e. BT only?

You could always do what I did when my contract came to an end and just sit around for a month or two. Yes, it might cost more for that time (not always) but it does give you flexibility if you decide, blow this, its available and affordable from provider X, time to move on.

And of course how much will Gfast cost? I have never had that option so don't know how much it ends up costing. Presumably more than the 80/20 service. To my mind, Gfast is old tech now. Still trying to get the copper network to do things above its weight, whereas with full fibre, well you don't get impacted services etc even mentioned. Still, as a short term work around, probably the way to go.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

All my three neighbours got G.fast now with EE, BT (x2) and they all telling me G Fast are very good they get max speed 160/30 from EE and BT with no issues.

The g fast providers are:

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Went to BT.com and it say these two options are available at my property for G.fast

Screenshot_2021-04-24 Broadband Deals Compare our Best Broadband Deals BT.png

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

From what you've said elsewhere @goldenfibre , in your opinion G.Fast is a waste of time and not worth the bother, after telling people you'd ordered it then cancelled it numerous times.  Roll_eyes

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yes because the estimate speed are not good before too low. But I spoken to three neighbours they all saying they getting max on 160/30 as I wasn't too sure about upload speed could be less than FTTC. But, it's seem all ok so I will probably order G.fast because the BTw and BT say I can get 160/30 easily. That good enough for doubled 80 to 160 and extra 10Mbps on upload is a bonus. I been on FTTC with plusnet for too long since 2014. Always on max speed 80/20.

PN offer me deal is £33 a month for FTTC 80/20 with line rental

BT offer me deal £39.99 a month for G Fast 160/30 with line rental (extra £7 a month for double speed on downstream and extra 10 meg on upload)

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@goldenfibre wrote:

PN offer me deal is £33 a month for FTTC 80/20 with line rental

Depending on call plans chosen, I suspect you can get a much lower offer from PlusNet, as you  will already know.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No, Plusnet told me they will not offer me lower than £33 this time as they offer me biggest discount last year for 12 months cost me just 96p per month with LRS both 12 months at the same time deal.

Screenshot_2021-04-24 $STANDARD.png

I don't use any call plan. Never use any landline phone call.

MC22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It would be great if Plusnet do indeed offer Gfast, and Full Fibre too. My area has now had Openreach Full Fibre activated which I’m very keen to get installed.

Overall I’ve had a very good experience with Plusnet but if they don’t start to offer Gfast and Full Fibre I’ll regrettably be leaving when my current contract ends in March,

In my opinion BT & EE’s current Full Fibre offers don’t really seem as attractive as some other providers offers do so hopefully Plusnet will get with the times and start offering Ultrafast Fibre. 😀

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Although no dates were offered in the following interview PlusNet are apparently introducing FTTP this year. It could well be that g.Fast is part of this plan though it wasn't mentioned.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2021/02/look-inside-Uswitch-Broadband-Provider-of-the-Year-Pl...

Brian

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Good find bmc

Only metion FTTP coming soon but no metion about G.fast. Oh well, Time to leave plusnet to join BT then. FTTP isn't available in my area and probably long wait for next 5-10 years before FTTP become available in my area.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2021/02/look-inside-Uswitch-Broadband-Provider-of-the-Year-Pl...

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@goldenfibre 

Not my find - it was posted on another thread.

Brian

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@goldenfibre wrote:

I have spoken to plusnet about renewal contract as mine is ran out soon in June 2021. I told plusnet I might switch to BT as they don't have any G.fast service 160/30. The guy told me good news that it's appear that Plusnet are bring in G.fast 160/30 soon pretty soon but I did asked him when? He say there is no dates given but trust me it wil be available on plusnet website very soon.

Well, I'd love to hear this call, because my gut is you've either been misled (intentionally or otherwise) or the agent is thinking of FTTP. I'm not told everything of course, but I'd be aware of the imminent release for a new product.

I'd be really grateful if you could share some details that might help us find the call, so that we can feed this back to the agents Team Leader.

For absolute clarity. I am not aware of any imminent product launch for G.fast. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager