cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated and unhappy

BMX
Dabbler

Frustrated and unhappy

After having dial up for many years because of the distance from the Main line we were now in the happy position of being able to get Broadband, albeit at a very low speed of .512.
We decided to join PlusNet after Christmas, after much deliberation thinking we would get a good service,
It has now been over a month, and we are still unable to get Broadband, after much communication and not much response, many phonecalls and generally ignoring some of the questions put to them. I am totally fed up with the situation.
We have moved furniture and cables, and even tried our router at another house, which works perfectly, unfortunately for us.
We thought we had arranged for a BT engineer to visit, even mentioned on one of our many tickets taken by a PlusNet  employee, obviously not a engineer but he made a note of it. That was ignored and we had to phone up again to be told we would have to wait another 48-72 hours. We are still waiting..........................................................................
What do we need to do to get Broadband Huh  Huh  Huh
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Excessive smileys removed as per forum rules ]
18 REPLIES 18
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Frustrated and unhappy

Hi BMX, thanks for your time on the phone. As I said we'll be in touch as soon as the notes from Thursday afternoon's engineer visit are available to discuss this with you, and I'm sorry for the delay.
BMX
Dabbler

Well Matt,
The BT engineer didn't turn up and here is the reason why he didn't come according to your records:-
Unfortunately your previous fault with our supplier has timed out and this is why the engineer did not attend. As this is the case, your fault has been re-raised to our supplier. Please note that they can take between 48-72 hours to provide a response.
This is the second time this has happened to us, I took an afternoon off work to wait for him, and you've cancelled this yet again.
Over a month, and still waiting to get Broadband, why does this seem impossible for us?

I will be expecting compensation for all the hassle, grief, stress, phonebills, time off work, broadband not received, and anything else I can think of.
I want assurances that this will get fixed, without any more timing out of issues which have been ongoing for over a month.
Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not sure why the fault timed out, we received the 24 hour warning on the evening of the 7th and the engineer was booked at lunchtime on the 8th - this should have counted as a response (which it was) and kept the fault open. Please don't think it was our faults team that cancelled the appointment.
As things stand now another engineer appointment has been requested - I apologise for how that seems, and will (if you wish) try to arrange a Saturday appointment rather than another weekday - please let me know. I can't make any promises I'm afraid but I will do my best.
I can definitely assure you that this will be fixed, I'll make sure to chase it on a daily basis for you.
BMX
Dabbler

It's probably too late for a booking for tomorrow (Saturday), so I would like an engineer to come out in the afternoon, either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday next week if that's possible.
BMX
Dabbler

Well, thanks for the text, which i have just received on the 12th February, just now,  telling me that a BT engineer is coming on the 11th February???
Please explain???
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll confirm the booking for you as soon as it's made, thanks for letting us know.
As regards the text, you should have received one advising that another engineer visit is required but I'm not sure why you got an older one about the previous engineer - I'd suggest an issue with the mobile network as we've had no reports of any further SMS message errors at present. I'll keep my eyes open and let the CSC guys know though.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, thanks very much for that - I've booked the appointment for Monday 15th in the afternoon, you should get a text with that information as I've just sent one. Please let me know if that doesn't come through as I'll need to chase that up internally.
I've just double checked the fault to make sure that this appointment is confirmed booked (to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again) and it's definitely in there in black and white so we should be all good.
BMX
Dabbler

I am pleased to say that the BT engineer came yesterday. We have had solid broadband except for a couple of blips since.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way and keeping the issue open for the moment.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sounds promising so far, drop a reply if you start having any problems again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BMX
Dabbler

Bad News,

A BT engineer attended yesterday (15th February) and when he left the connection was stable. It remained that way all evening and perhaps through the night, in to the morning - we didn't particularly notice during the priority of getting off to work. However, by the time we came home from work today (16th February) the connection was lost again and the broadband light was constantly flashing green. We are sure you have a way of telling for how long we were connected, uninterrupted.

The router is close to, and the cable from it plugged in to, the master telephone socket (as it has been constantly for many weeks and we have repeatedly told you in response to superfluous suggestions that we do that; the telephone  is disconnected, though it makes no difference at all and we cannot go on without a household telephone; and the Sky line has been disconnected from day one, in January.

We have plugged the DSL lead in to the test socket of the telephone master socket but the broadband light just goes on flashing. We have disconnected the power cable and DSL lead from the router and then left the latter turned off for half an hour before re-connecting all leads and turning on again, to try and prompt the router in to re-setting itself but the situation is unchanged.

We don't know what you mean by re-setting the equipment ourselves - their seems to be no instruction on how to re-set and no facility to do so.

We await your urgent and complete resolution of the problem so that we receive the broadband facility that we are paying for.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that, I've passed the fault back and will post back later on when we have more information - this should hopefully be this afternoon.
BMX
Dabbler

It has been 44 days now since we received our router, don't you think it is ridiculous that this issue hasn't been resolved. It is becoming a real problem at home, do you know how long it takes on dial-up and this is worse than our previous ISP.
Simply frustrated and depressed, I'm fed up with excuses.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about the issues, I'l ask one of your faults team to take another look over your ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BMX
Dabbler

When are you actually going to reply to me with something positive, any communication would be much appreciated.
I do feel like we've been forgotten.
Please prove me wrong as this is not good customer service.