cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow-Up on a Call Reference

GeoffJohns

Follow-Up on a Call Reference

It is very annoying that  the only way to follow-up from consumer to support-team is by phone-call, and that it is not possible to return the thread via email. I have an outstanding call that was delayed by BT Openreach, but there has been NO positive update from Plusnet to myself on progress and status. I am now overseas, and not in a position to be able to phone Plusnet. How can I otherwise mobilise this 'elephant' to get some feedback Huh

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Follow-Up on a Call Reference

Hi there,

I’m sorry to see you’re experiencing problems. When there’s an issue that needs us to follow up, there’s normally an open ticket on your account that you’d be able to reply to. 

To view your tickets, go to the Manage Account tab then click on Help Assistant Here.

If you want more of an instant reply and don’t want to call you can contact us via live chat Here.

There’s also the option of sending us a message via Twitter or Facebook, or post here on our community forums. As you’ve posted now we’ll pick this up as soon as we can when we’re in the office (I’m currently posting from home)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @GeoffJohns 

I've been looking into this and I'm sorry to see you're experiencing a fault with your line and the time it's taking us to fix this so I've chased this up with our suppliers and I've been advised that due to engineer availability over the festive period, the job hasn't been allocated to an engineer yet but an engineer should be assigned before the close of play on Tuesday.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward, which means I'll chase things up after the bank holiday if you're still without service and once this is resolved I'll make sure we refund you anything you've paid for a service you've not had.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @GeoffJohns To follow up on here, I'm happy to confirm that we've received confirmation an engineer has fixed the fault with your service at the cabinet (The green box in the road). I've tested your line and there aren't any issues showing now.

I can however see your router is attempting to connect to the internet using the wrong password. If you can factory reset the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds until the light along the front goes green then release, and/or carry out the below steps you should be back online shortly afterwards:

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
7. Click on 'Broadband'
8. Click on 'Disconnect' if necessary
9. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of usermame@plusdsl.net
10. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
11. Click on 'Connect'

I've also added a credit on to your account to cover the time you've spent without a service and also an offer of a gesture of goodwill to your ticket which you'll be able to view and respond to by going Here.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Factory reset?

Is this a Plusnet router?

Does the user have any specific settings which would be lost by a reset (such as static IPs)?

Would not just checking / changing the password be sufficient?

Note also the commend in the initial post that the user is abroad.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.