cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installation

pjemmanuel
Grafter

Fibre installation

Now that fibre is available in my little corner of the world, I decided to take the plunge and place an order a couple of weeks ago. Was getting typically 2.6Mb at the time, any increase would be welcome.
Order was raised for phone and fibre, with fibre due to be installed on Monday 24th. Was  getting jittery all week leading up to the date, the router hadn't turned up, on the account was showing as "not sent yet", with all the stories of engineer no shows, I wasn't expecting too much.
Plusnet did their bit, modem turned up last Friday, first step completed.
Monday came, lunchtime passed by, by 2:30 was resigned to the fact that BT weren't coming. Called the CS, very helpful and apologetic, not Plusnet's fault, BT didn't show.
Still, one call back the following day, everything was arranged for BT to come Friday 28th to do the work. If I'm honest, I wasn't really expecting them on Monday anyway and I think that is a sad indictment for BT, that people, not just me, don't expect them to turn up on the first appointment.
Didn't have to wait till Friday though, the engineer turned up unexpectedly on Wednesday morning, really good luck that anyone was at home. Still, he had a quick look at the set up, notices that I already had a new line box, fitted around 6 months ago last time I had a line fault. Unpacked the modem, plugged it in and tested it and was gone in less than 30 minutes.
All set up now and I am very pleased with the results. Before the upgrade 2.6Mb down, 0.7Mb up. Now breezing along at 71.69Mb down and 18.76Mb up and working really well.
Very pleased with the way Plusnet dealt with this upgrade, hope the phone line goes as well.
Not so pleased with BT for missing the first appointment, nice they turned up two days early for the next appointment, but I can't help wondering if they would have charged me if there was nobody at home when they turned up unannounced.
Right, what to do with all this band width  Cheesy
Phil
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre installation

Hi Phil_E,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you encountered when you were upgrading to Fibre. Can you PM me your username so that I can take a look into your account and ensure that things look like they should?
Please note that we wouldn't have charged you if you weren't at home during an unexpected engineers visit. It's all good and well, like you pointed out, if an engineer goes out to the property prior to the confirmed appointment date, however, it's not so helpful if there's no-one in! Smiley
pjemmanuel
Grafter

So glad I wouldn't be charged.  Smiley
On the whole, install was OK, as mentioned only the missed appointment tarnished the process and I can't fault Pliusnet for the way they dealt with  the change.
Very happy so far with the new connection speeds.
Phil
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad it's been sorted for you now, Phil.
I've responded to your PM and provided further information in my response.