Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

mushy
Grafter

Re: Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@mushy,
I'd say do bear in mind that lots of fibre installs are going through just fine without any issues at the moment too. It's very unfortunate that we are seeing a trend of similar issues being reported here but we have to remember that customers with no issues simply don't go online and post about it.
If you're feeling unsure but would like to proceed for extra piece of mind make me aware so I can monitor the order for any issues such as delays and confirm the appointment for you, I'd not like to go as far as saying that you should make provision for there potentially being an issue which could lead to it being missed but on the other hand I believe you'd be very unlucky to fall victim to a missed engineer visit.

Hi Adam
Thanks for the offer, i will take you up on that so please keep an eye open for the order going through, i have taken the plunge and signed up this morning with an installation date of 06/11/12  with an AM slot which i think was 8am-1pm and hope all goes well.
I am aware that there are many installs that goes through with no problems what so ever and it is mostly only the failed ones you hear about on the forums but never the less there still seems to be too many happening, not only for PN but for others as well if you look around the forums and nearly all related to OR since they have the monopoly with the installations and seeminlgly no one to answer too.
PN has given me good service up to now so giving you the first chance to lock me in for the next 18 month as i havent been locked into a contract for years but was tempted else where i have to admit, hopefully that won't need to happen.
On another note, do you do an alternative router to the Technicolor TG582n ?
Regards
Steve
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, no problem.
I've raised a ticket on your account that's sat with me personally to monitor your order, I'm away on leave after today until next Tuesday so I'll check and confirm it then for you.
Re routers we only currently offer the TG582n however you can use your own fibre router if you'd prefer to use something else.
EDIT: Just a quick update to say I can see no issues highlighted with your order. I've asked one of my colleagues to check this again on Monday for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mushy
Grafter

Many Thanks Adam
Regards
Steve
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Really pleased to see that the install went ahead as planned today I'll go ahead and get your account updated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
naib

I have to say that I'm furious!!!
Today I had my third booked visit and again, yes again!! no one showed up. Of course no contact was made with me.
Last month I upgraded my account to 'Extra Fibre' and I'm paying for service which I still do not have!!
Regards
Martin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about this, our suppliers have added notes to the order saying that there's a delay and it'll be reviewed on the 9th November (of course we'll be chasing that given that the last update we received was on the 27th October) though strangely the completion date is still set for yesterday 😕
We'll update you as soon as we can, our provisioning team will be looking into it shortly and trying to get this escalated for you.
mushy
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Really pleased to see that the install went ahead as planned today I'll go ahead and get your account updated.

Hi Adam
Many Thanks for keeping an eye on things and yes all went pretty much to plan.
I will start a new thread on how the installation went to let everyone know and feedback for anyone thinking of moving to or upgrading.
Thanks
Steve
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Does anyone get any meaningful feedback when an engineer doesn't turn up or is it just put down to MBORC (wearing a bit thin now if they're still using this 'excuse').?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We rarely do unfortunately, and it's a lot of chasing to get any information at all - usually along the lines of 'engineer unable to attend'. The MBORC is still open but only in about 3 or 4 areas afaicr.
Grff
Grafter

I wonder if it's mostly PM appointments that are missed.  I'm thinking with the work load on that day it would be the end of day customers that miss out.  Something I never thought about when I booked my PM appointment. No doubt i'll find out shortly.
I'm glad you finally got yours up and running in the end.
naib

Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
Really sorry about this, our suppliers have added notes to the order saying that there's a delay and it'll be reviewed on the 9th November (of course we'll be chasing that given that the last update we received was on the 27th October) though strangely the completion date is still set for yesterday 😕
We'll update you as soon as we can, our provisioning team will be looking into it shortly and trying to get this escalated for you.

any new news?
Martin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, it's being looked into as I type this. Should be an update on there for you soon.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Matt
We rarely do unfortunately, and it's a lot of chasing to get any information at all - usually along the lines of 'engineer unable to attend'.

So what's being done at a "higher level" to get this changed, as it must waste a lot of your time, never mind frustration (to say the least) for customers?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're taking the route we have available to us, as with other issues - examples are being collated and fed back to our relationship manager at the correct level.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I appreciate you are doing what you can Matt, no criticism of you or the DCT whatsoever, but Relationship Manager? What is your overpaid CEO doing about it? This should be going on at the highest level  Angry