cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults team

Steevo
Grafter

Re: Faults team

Thanks Townman, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
I guess it's a case of waiting until the phone service is fixed and going from there. Much as I wasn't enjoying being in the woods before and wanted to get out, it looks like I've been transported to a new set of woods to try and escape for now.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi guys,
Unfortunately we don't have a way of escalating it at the moment. However, I have popped you a ticket update regarding one of your queries on Ticket: 92476397
Sorry that this has panned out over such a long space of time  Embarrassed
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Steevo
Grafter

Thanks MattyC, that is great. The length of time it's taking isn't great....but I'm just pleased that PlusNet are now following this up with BTW/BTOR fully so hopefully it will be fixed once and for all  Smiley
Townman - it's not the end of the world. I asked PlusNet if they could divert the line to the mobile which they have kindly done so at least I won't miss any important calls. One piece of Plusnet service I'm impressed by.
Steevo
Grafter

Great news, the phone line is now back!
So, other than having a lift and shift carried out...I'm now successfully no worse off when this matter started. 🙂
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Steevo,
Does "no worse off" mean that ADSL is still being dropped (or being impaired) by in coming calls?
If "NO" then there is an improvement, if "YES" then you are in the same situation - which would not surprise me as I don't think the splitter card change (as recommended by Chris) is the same as a lift n shift.

@Mods,
Is there merit in merging this thread with that referenced in post #2 above?  This is the one which seems to be running with the issues at present.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steevo
Grafter

It's hard to tell as PN currently still have the divert in place for the landline, so I can't call it to test. However, prior to the divert going in but after the works done yesterday the problem still existed (as per my posts yesterday). Until the divert is lifted I can't test to be 100% sure though, but like you i'd be surprised if the engineer "plugging in" the phone again today has had any effect on the ADSL.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You should be able to remove the divert yourself - just pick up your handset and dial #21# and Robert's your father's brother...  Cool
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Steevo
It's hard to tell as PN currently still have the divert in place for the landline, so I can't call it to test.

Doh... Sometimes I'm an idiot - forgotten you'd got the divert in place!  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Steevo,
Please let me know how things are going today if you get the chance and I'll follow anything up anything that might need to be on our side.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steevo
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your message. I've just cancelled the call divert in the way suggested by Jaggies (thanks for that!). It seems that the same problems are still occurring. SNRM drops significantly when incoming calls are received. (Note: this did not occur when the divert was in place!) Loop loss is still at 67db too so that's pulling down the speed potential to 1760kbps. Hopefully your testing your side in a couple of days should show the connection performance a bit better - in fact even testing it now would likely reveal the stability of the connection since the call divert has been in place compared to the period before.
Are you able to comment on Townman's point about splitter card work vs. lift and shift please?
thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

...more to the point CHRIS PETTITT's recommendation that the splitter card be changed.
Also merits of a TPM?

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steevo,
I'm glad to see that the phone fault has been resolved. I have emailed the member of our Faults team who is personally monitoring your fault for you and I've asked that they update the Fault ticket on your account as soon as they can.
I'm sorry to see the issue hasn't been resolved yet Sad
Steevo
Grafter

Hi Linn,
Thanks that's most helpful. I'm rather impressed to have a member who is "personally monitoring" the fault for me. Thank you for chasing them up, I shall look forward to receiving the update.
Steevo
Grafter

Please see attached SNRM dips from two calls this morning. You can also see from DSL uptime that the first call reset the connection, but the second call did not.
Steevo
Grafter

Well....I'm finally back online after the TPM! Didn't quite realise this was happening or what this was until 4hrs without internet (and after a call to PN CS to enquire about loss of BB) I had a text from PN to say I would experience a loss of BB.
I'm not 100% convinced it's done the job however. I've attached a graph for today. I'm not sure how long the BB has been back, but certainly the most recent dip was caused by me test-calling the landline.