cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults team

Steevo
Grafter

Faults team

The customer service given by this team leaves a significant amount to be desired. Does anyone know how many people work in the faults team at PN? Given they cannot be contacted directly, surely there cannot be THAT many tickets that are escalated to their level that means they take the best part of a week to reply to tickets.
I am extremely disappointed by the handling of my ticket which is in their control. Nobody else in PN claims to be able to help because only the faults team are "trained". My ticket has been open for six weeks, I have provided huge amounts of evidence which do a great deal towards diagnosing the reasons behind the problem and yet PN Faults are still dragging their feet.
50 REPLIES 50
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Faults team

Hi Steevo,
I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're having with our Faults Team. In answer to your question, I'm not 100% sure how many work on the Faults Team, and I'm surprised that you can't get in touch with them, the Faults Team are available if you call in, to speak to. If you could provide your Fault Ticket Reference, we'll get this looked at your for as soon as we can.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The actual fault is already being discussed here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132176.0.html
Steevo
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I particularly appreciate you replying out of normal hours as I appreciate you don't need to do this. I called in last week on Wednesday and Friday, I'm afraid I cannot remember on which occasion but I have a feeling it was the Wednesday. As soon as the PN rep answered I asked to be put through to the faults team and was told that they don't take phone calls so I couldn't speak to them. (looks like there's some more feedback for you there too - I'm sure you'll likely find a recording of the call!).
Ticket number is 90067524. I'm sure you can imagine when a fault ticket has been open this long it is rather frustrating to have to wait days and days (often up to a week!) for a reply back from the team. This is especially poinigent when the reply I receive does not directly relate to the points raised in my previous replies not take the evidence provided previously provided. I rather feel like I am going around in circles. I appreciate it is hard for busy team members new to the matter to read what now amounts to 7 pages of ticket replies, however if a specific person were assigned to take ownership and manage the ticket to ensure it is reacted upon, fixed and can then be closed efficiently this long ticket would not exist.
Thank you once again for your help. I do not wish to come across as a moaning customer, but I'm sure you can appreciate the reasons behind my frustration.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steevo,
I'm just having a read through now, I'll post back once I've gone through the ticket entirely.
Oh and you don't come across as a "moaning customer", you've every right to feel aggrieved, especially when you're being pushed around ticket-wise and on the phone. I'll do what I can for you now in terms of support and if I need to, I can always pass this onto the Customer Relations Team, either way, I'll definitely post back tonight.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steevo,
Sorry for the delayed response. I've taken a look at your line and here are my initial observations:

• Your line is the worst performing on your telephone pole, from the information gained from our suppliers

• Although we know your line is a long one, it's still relatively low, given how the line has historically performed

• your connection rate to the exchange has been all over the place, whereas I would have expected this to remain relatively static

• You mentioned that your connection drops when you receive a phone call, this needs looking at as an Exchange Task as this is often a fault on the Splitter Card that causes this

• The fault threshold rates for your line are completely wrong and appear to be either stuck on our suppliers systems or it's pulling incorrect for some reason

• Your upstream SNR is quite high which coincides with the problems you're having when receiving calls

So, really, I think the next steps should be...

• For us to send an engineer to your Local Exchange to investigate a Splitter Card issue

• Following the above, a line reset and monitoring of your line performance is required, this should be focussed on lien speeds, drops and how your line is performing comparing to the other lines connected to the same telephone pole

I don't think you're going to get much of a benefit out of having further engineer visits to your property if I'm honest, that said, an engineer might be required to visit as part of the Splitter Card investigation.
I can see you've updated your Fault Ticket very recently, but please do feel free when you next speak to the Faults Team, point them to this thread if it helps at all. I'll send this thread to our Customer Relations Team anyhow and I'm sure they'll pass this onto the relevant Faults Advisor who is working on your fault.
Steevo
Grafter

Now that is what you call customer service!!!  Cheesy  Shocked
In six weeks of this ticket being open I've not once had an answer as helpful, succinct and to the point as that! Let alone keeping your word of replying back tonight, despite it being as extremely unsociable hours!!
THANK YOU CHRIS!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Steevo,
What good luck!
You've had one of the most experienced front line trouble shooters pick this up... in his own time.  Chris is developing his career elsewhere in PlusNET now, he is deeply missed from the forums!

@Chris,
Welcome back, hope you had a great holiday?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steevo,
I've asked our Faults team to look into this as soon as they can and I've forwarded on the information in this thread so that they are aware of what Chris P has found after his investigation. Please keep an eye on the ticket for any further updates.
Steevo
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Steevo,
What good luck!
You've had one of the most experienced front line trouble shooters pick this up... in his own time.  Chris is developing his career elsewhere in PlusNET now, he is deeply missed from the forums!

@Chris,
Welcome back, hope you had a great holiday?
Kevin

Thank you. I do feel extremely fortunate that Chris picked up this topic! I could not have asked for a better, more helpful response.

Quote from: Linn
Hi Steevo,
I've asked our Faults team to look into this as soon as they can and I've forwarded on the information in this thread so that they are aware of what Chris P has found after his investigation. Please keep an eye on the ticket for any further updates.

Thank you Linn. I am rather disappointed that the faults team didn't dig down to this themselves rather than Chris having to pick up the slack. What is extremely impressive is the speed at which he did this too - less than 3 hours and he achieved more than Faults have in six weeks. I do however hope they quickly resolve this matter once and for all.

Thank you all for your help!
Steevo
Grafter

Thanks again for the help. Just to update, my fault has been updated this morning by Kenneth F.
Again he suggested that the problem may lie as Chris said "This is most likely caused by the line card or a splitter issue at the exchange i am surprised the engineers previously have not checked this."
For some strange reason my topic is now on hold for the next 12 minutes.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steevo,
I'm glad to hear that this was followed through as promised to me Smiley
What Kenneth's done is escalated this with BT Wholesale and put the ticket on hold to allow time for us to await a response from them regarding the escalation. Once the team have further information regarding the escalation they'll provide the updates on the ticket for you.
I'm really hoping this is sorted for you soon!
Steevo
Grafter

Thank you very much for your kind comments Linn and for keeping me in the picture.
The bit that bemused me was the fact it was only on hold for 12 minutes. I'm sure BT Wholesale aren't the efficient.
Thank you once again, I look forward to receiving an update soon.
Steevo
Grafter

Apologies, it appears that my brain was reading what it wanted to rather than what was actually written!!
The end of the reply I thought read "This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 30th September at 11:00am."
In fact it reads "This Question is now on hold until Thursday 30th October at 11:00am."
This is after the start of the ticket read "I am sorry about the length of time it is taking to clear this fault i have raised this to our suppliers as an escalation as i feel they have had adequate time to look into rectifying the fault".
Thankfully this was duelychanged by Linn K to "Your Question is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon". Phew!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's good to see that we're getting some movement on this for you, it looks as though we're moving in the right direction anyhow Smiley
@Kevin - Holiday was great thank you, was good to get away and have a break for a bit Smiley Back to work now though as you can see!