cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service

Nicky

Extremely poor service

Hi, we too are having a nightmare, in august we were told our line was active but could not connect to broadband after a lot of calling, costing me a fortune, we found our line had been installed in someone else's flat and their line disconnected ! A very upset very elderly gentleman was not happy, was then told an engineer would call, took day off wrk, nothing, was told on October 7th and engineer would call, another day off work, nothing, no response from plusnet so far although they have still had the cheek to take monthly payments from my account for nothing!!! 2 months now and still nothing no phone no broadband, great service aye? We're the butt of many jokes with our friends now! The reception is so poor in our flat that we have to hang out of the window to use our phones all we wanted was BROADBAND, how difficult can it be!!  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Extremely poor service - Ordered on 24th August - No Fibre and No Support

Hi Nicky,
Sorry to hear you're not connected, I can see there have been several issues with your install.
I'm going to get somebody in-touch to explain what we need to do to get your broadband activated. We'll also update your ticket incase you have a lake of reception which you'll be able to view here.
Nicky

Still no phone line or broadband since AUGUST!!!!

Really had enough now after almost three months we still have nothing! Have lost 3days pay and huge mobile bills waiting for 40 mins each time I've had to call! Firstly our line was connected to someone else's flat and their line disconnected, one very unhappy elderly man who needed his phone as his only contact with the outside world and his family! Then twice the engineer did not arrive then we were told time and time again our line was working and made to feel we were stupid and couldn't plug a phone in and dial a number ! We have said numerous times we have no working line!! Today the engineer came who could only connect broadband only to tell us we have no working line!!!! Yes we know that! So now we have to wait for god knows how long for another engineer to come before he can then come back again to connect the broadband!!! And we have had monthly bills taken from our Account even though we have never been connected or had a working line And had the cheek to be told if we weren't in we would have to pay £50 to arrange for another visit it charged £60 if we wanted to cancel!!!! No wonder plusnet are plugging their service for £2.99 a mth they can't give it away with this disgraceful service! Nobody actually cares! We moved into our flat in July and have such bad reception we literally need to hang out of the window to use a phone and it's now October !  Undecided
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Extremely poor service - Ordered on 24th August - No Fibre and No Support

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Posts merged to help with a resolution...and title modified.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Still no phone line or broadband since AUGUST!!!!

Quote from: Nicky
and huge mobile bills waiting for 40 mins each time I've had to call!

I hope you are using the 0345 number and not the 0800 number!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

Re: Extremely poor service

0800 numbers are free on GiffGaff, which use the O2 network
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Nicky,
Sorry to see we haven't got you connected yet. Someone is going to be in-touch with you shortly to get this sorted for you.
I've also refunded your previous two months bills that you have paid to your account, this can take around 7-10 days to process.
I'll personally keep a watch over this until it's resolved and if you have any questions or need an update then please let me know.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Yet another total cock-up from BTOR - just what will it take for PN to take a case to Ofcom over BTOR's rank poor performance?
The "this is an individual case" argument does not wash.  BTOR is systematically failing PN and PN's customers.  Unfortunately, only PN can complain to BTOR.  It would be good to learn of the number of formal complaints made by PN to BTOR by category by month and the remedy plans being put in place by BTOR.
For those of us who understand how the telecommunication services are delivered, it is plain to see that BTOR incompetence is undermining confidence in PN's ability to deliver / manage service.  For those who do not understand, it just looks like PN are a poor service provider, incapable of managing or fixing faults in a timely fashion.  When will PN recognise the commercial risks to their business and get the wide spread issues addressed through Ofcom?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119506.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)