cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't turn up.

ajgrimson

Engineer didn't turn up.

I joined plusnet and had an installation time for yesterday (3rd November) between 8am and 1pm, I was in all day and no one turned up. I have not had an explanation of why this has happened or when someone can come again.
Please can someone from plusnet explain to me why this engineer did not show up, and when someone can next come to do the installation.
I have another day off work on Friday and would like to the engineer to come on Friday morning (6th), if I am faced with another 2 week or more wait I may as well cancel and find a company that can be bothered to turn up when they are supposed to.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer didn't turn up.

Are you migrating in from another ISP and if so did you already have FTTC? If that is the case just plug everything in and it is likely to spring in to life after 20 minutes or so.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ajgrimson

We've just moved in so no, the previous owners had talktalk but not sure if it was fibre. I checked the phone line and it was still talk talk (dialled 150). Unfortunately our previous house was with virgin so we don't have an openreach modem we can just plug in.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.
I'm just looking into this for you.
[edit]
It looks like the orders placed were done incorrectly so they failed.
I've replaced them now but as there's a active line it will take 10 working days as technically it's a transfer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ajgrimson

When you say there's an active line do you mean that the plusnet line is now active?
I've managed to get hold of an openreach modem so will this work if I plug it in?
If not 10 working days is an incredibly long time to have to wait for something that is a failure on yours / openreach's side.
Will I get compensation for the lack of service that I could have had with another provider and for the cost of a day off work for the engineer to maybe turn up?
Can you not escalate this and get an engineer by Friday?
adie:quote
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

No the active line will still be the TalkTalk line.
We can't speed the process up as it's a Ofcom requirement but once it's sorted we can look into arranging a goodwill gesture for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have to take a second day off work you are entitled to full compensation: see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)