cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Failed to turn up - no Internet now

ssiney
Dabbler

Engineer Failed to turn up - no Internet now

I switched from Sky to Plusnet the other day to try Fibre Optic. After being reassured that i would encounter little down time for the switch over i waited for the pre booked Engineer Visit to switch me over. (7th feb) No one turnt up and then i had to call Plusnet, each time waiting up to 40 mins to get to talk to someone most times being told i was in the wrong department then being put back in another queue to wait up to another 40 mins. Finally i get some answers, Plusnet said the engineer did turn up which i argued and after much investigation found out he went to the wrong address. Now i am being told it was BT's fault and they are refusing to book another engineer visit untill the 20th Feb. This is awful service i am really upset, Do ME Proud.... huh not yet you have not. o and btw i believe Plusnet is owed by BT so stop blaming BT as you are BT............................
So far my experience is terrible with PLUS NET and i am posting here to vent this seeing as noone is helping me or returning my calls with satisfactory answers...........
DO ME PROUD, i wait and see  Angry Sad Angry Embarrassed Undecided Cry
7 REPLIES 7
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Engineer Failed to turn up - no Internet now

Quote from: ssiney
they are refusing to book another engineer visit untill the 20th Jan.

I hope that you mean 20th Feb!
ssiney
Dabbler

yes ill amend it was booked for 7th Feb, no show and then re booked 20th Feb. Not confirmed yet though by Plusnet
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It's hardly Plusnet's fault if the BTOR engineer goes to the wrong address. It's not the first time that it's happened & no doubt it won't be the last. BT & PN are 2 totally different companies & are run as such. I feel sorry for your predicament but a further 9 days without the use of the internet is hardly the end of the world. I'm off to South Africa next week for a vacation. 3 weeks without internet access.....yippee!!
pod000
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
I feel sorry for your predicament but a further 9 days without the use of the internet is hardly the end of the world. I'm off to South Africa next week for a vacation. 3 weeks without internet access.....yippee!!

Why would you answer a post from a person without internet and tell them  9 days more without internet isn`t the end of the world and that they were off on holiday. Bizarre!
ssiney
Dabbler

Quote from: tijara33
It's hardly Plusnet's fault if the BTOR engineer goes to the wrong address. It's not the first time that it's happened & no doubt it won't be the last. BT & PN are 2 totally different companies & are run as such. I feel sorry for your predicament but a further 9 days without the use of the internet is hardly the end of the world. I'm off to South Africa next week for a vacation. 3 weeks without internet access.....yippee!!

not to differnet companies there are massive ties with Plusnet and BT (i think BT own Plusnet somewhere along the line)
Downtime for me is very important but some people like you will not realise that.
Also enjoy your holiday, maybe you are a Plusnet employee (most likely) and swanning off without a worry in the world....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to her about this issue. I'm going to look into this now, I don't want to set an expectation that I can arrange a sooner appointment as even though we'd like to it's not always possible.
not to differnet companies there are massive ties with Plusnet and BT

That's right, we're actually owned by BT Retail, however we operate autonomously as a separate company and this doesn't affect our ability to push back on our suppliers BT Wholesale.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

EDIT: I've just checked your account and can see that we're already working to expedite this for you and that we should be able to confirm a new appointment within the next 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

maybe you are a Plusnet employee (most likely)

Ha ha, as I'm an OAP, I don't think that PN employ people of my age, particularly as I live Hampshire. It's a hell of a daily commute to & from Sheffield.  Cheesy