cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer (Plusnet business)

sanjivr

Domain transfer (Plusnet business)

Good morning,

I am trying to do a domain transfer from Force9 to 1&1. I did contact Plusnet support to make this change and specifically requested that the administrative contact details are changed to my personal email address to allow me to verify the change with 1&1.

Unfortunately Plusnet have moved the domain name to 1&1 but did not update the admin email address and it is set to our postmaster@xxxx.force9.co.uk email address, which I have not used before but upon accessing it now it is not receiving any incoming mail. In fact I have tried to set up various other email addresses and none of them are receiving mail and actually rejecting the emails sent in.

All of this has been raised via support ticket ID 183875845 but the agents do not seem to want to fix the issue and this has been ongoing now for almost 3 weeks. We are a business customer and cannot risk any interruption to services.

I have had a reply this morning confirming that the administrative contact has been changed to my email address, however it doesn't seem to have been actioned from what 1&1 are telling me and neither are Plusnet fixing the issue with not receiving emails at our @xxxx.force9.co.uk email addresses.

Has anyone else had these issues at all?

4 REPLIES 4
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Domain transfer (Plusnet business)

Hi @sanjivr

While we have updated the admin email address on our side, this most likely won't update now as the domain is with another registrar so they will need to update it on their side. If you can please private message me your Force9 user name, I will try and get that email address up and running for you to be able to deal with the transfer.

sanjivr

Hi @deank

Thanks for the message. 1&1 have updated this for me and completed the transfer.

Plusnet support are still not rectifying the issue with our Force9 email address. I have confirmed to them that emails sent to our Force9 address are being rejected and they are going round in circles, the most recent question being is this issue happening when accessing the mailbox through webmail... I have confirmed this but don't see how this has any relevance when the messages are being rejected from Force9 altogether.

Thanks

Sanjiv

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @sanjivr 

I can see that one of our Net Ops team have replied to the ticket with a further update. 

I hope that it helps. 

Thanks,

MoR

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Edited post due to erroneous double reply.  

Mods - please delete if you see this. 

Apologies

MoR