cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not join Plusnet

nic32
Hooked

Do not join Plusnet

I have never registered to a forum only to complain about an experience. This is a first, thanks Plusnet.

I have moved from Sky as I wanted to upgrade my broadband to fibre and Plusnet had a good deal.

I wish I have never done that.

Since then I have experienced: 

Activation date miscommunication: When enquiring for the ETA I was promised my broadband would have been smoothly activated on the 27th of April. It turns out the activation date was actually a week after, on the 4th of May

Payment issue: I had to chase these guys to pay them the activation fee (2 days of chasing). I have never chased anyone to give them money for an issue they have had.

Activation issue: This is the cherry on the cake. On the 4th of May, whilst waiting for my broadband to be activated, I decided to touch base with the customer service, since I have had issues already in the past. Guess what? My order was delayed and no one bothered to tell me anything about it until I called in. Which means that unless you keep chasing them for anything they don't care. Well done.

The day after, 5th of May, I get in touch again with the customer service to get the issue fixed, or at least that's what I thought as I've been told that for some "glitch" my order is delayed again and it can take up to 5 days to be sorted out, which means, including weekend, another week with no internet for me. Again, well done.

Long post, but bottom line is, do not join Plusnet, unless all you want is to pay for issues and then pay for another provider to provide for what this guys can't do.

I hope this post propagates through the net so other users can be aware of what they will go through if they ever ponder to join Plusnet

26 REPLIES 26
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Do not join Plusnet

Please accept my apologies for the issues you have encountered in transferring your services over to Plusnet, this is not something we like to see.

With regards to the activation date changing to 04/05/2017 there was a cease on the line from your previous provider which was preventing us from placing our orders, once this was removed we placed them as soon as we could but I do apologise the date was not what you were originally told.

I can see there has been a delay with completing the broadband order on our supplier system and this has been raised with them, however because they have to manually complete all open activities they do have a lead time of up to 5 working days. I am extremely sorry about this and the inconvenience this is now causing you. I can assure you we will do everything we can to get this rectified for you as soon as possible.

Our provisioning department will continue to keep you regularly updated and I do hope this can be sorted for you shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
nic32
Hooked

For all of you reading, this is what you gonna get. Excuses, which you shouldn't really care about. Imagine going to the supermarket and at the till taking the goods without paying because you have had an issue with your wallet. I'm sure you could get away with an apology. Laughable.

With regards to the activation date changing to 04/05/2017 there was a cease on the line from your previous provider which was preventing us from placing our orders

This was not communicated to me, in fact I was reassured that the activation would have taken 15 minutes. 15 days is what you meant in reality.

Same goes for the rest of the issues, I have not received any communication regarding all the issues mentioned, I had to get in touch with you randomly just to figure out there was some new problem happening.

Again, I hope for all you reading, this would serve as an example.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Why are you hightlighting some text as bold and some as underlined?
It just makes for poor reading.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Did you tell Sky you were leaving?

nic32
Hooked

Nope, Plusnet told me they would have handled the whole process as I was not locked into a contract with Sky anymore

chenks76
All Star

if sky put a cease which they should not have done.
but may be due to you leaving an LLU ISP and moving to a non-LLU ISP.

to be honest, you've left a decent ISP with a decent network and moved to a tin pot ISP with a shared network.
nic32
Hooked

That only adds to the regret of joining this provider. But thanks for the detailed explanation.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PN new network is dedicated not shared 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

?????  since when have been Sky a decent ISP with a decent network ?Huh

I chat to people online every night and the consensus is that Sky is worst ISP if you Game online Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

@ITWorks wrote:

PN new network is dedicated not shared 

it's not their own LLU network.
still part of BT wholesale isn't it?

chenks76
All Star

@rongtw wrote:

?????  since when have been Sky a decent ISP with a decent network ?Huh

I chat to people online every night and the consensus is that Sky is worst ISP if you Game online Sad

what about those who don't game online?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@chenks76

26 million Xbox One units and 55 million PS4 units sold in past 12 months , and thousands of Game PC sold  so the game players are not in the Minority !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

i didn't ask how many gamers there are.
i asked what the non-gamers said.

and out of those 81 million "gamers" how many are on sky broadband?
that's the thing with anecdotal evidence, it's just that.
DaveyH
Champion

@rongtw wrote:

@chenks76

26 million Xbox One units and 55 million PS4 units sold in past 12 months , and thousands of Game PC sold!

Globally...

And Sky's network has always been very good IME.