cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with PlusNet service

savanna
Dabbler

Dissatisfied with PlusNet service

Since switching to PlusNet broadband a few months ago, I've had a problem of interference between my telephone line and the internet. Recently, I moved my home phone to PlusNet with the hope that this problem would be resolved. Last week I reported the interference problem to PlusNet and the problem is actually worse now. I have had no internet access since last week and I keep getting unsatisfactory responses to my support ticket. I thought customer service was supposed to be PlusNet's strong suit, but maybe not. I'm beginning to think switching to PlusNet wasn't such a good move.
20 REPLIES 20
James
Grafter

Re: Dissatisfied with PlusNet service

Hi there,
From reading the ticket history surrounding your fault, it sounds like you had a Battery Contact issue, which was riased to BT.  BT then believed to have fixed that but unfortunately it knocked out your broadband.
Due to the way in which BT prohibit broadband faults being raised when there's a open voice line fault, we've had to wait for the voice line fault to be closed first.  Now we're able to look into the broadband side of things with BT, we'll get this moving for you as quickly as possible.
I'm very sorry for the problems that you have experienced so far and hope that you'll give us a chance to put things right.
mal0z
Grafter

What changed when you moved ISP - because it is using the same wires between your exchange and home - are micro filters plugged ito all used telephone extensions.
are you using the same router ?
there are lots of similar threads over here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html
The more details the more other users here and PN can help you.

James
Grafter

Mal - When the voice problem was fixed, BT seem to have done something to prevent the broadband from working, which we're currently liaising with them to get it fixed.
savanna
Dabbler

Mal, thanks for your reply. I am using a DLink provided by PlusNet. And yes, microfilters are plugged into all of the extensions. I even changed microfilters but that did not solve the problem.
Jameseh, thanks for responding. I'm happy to hear that PlusNet will get this moving with BT as quickly as possible. I would like to give PlusNet a chance to put this right and I look forward to getting back online very soon.
James
Grafter

Thank you Savanna,
I spoke to Peter, who was dealing with your ticket earlier.  He's now raised your fault to BT to investigate the broadband side of things.
The reason why we were not able to do this for you earlier was because we had to wait for BTs systems to update.
Hopefully now we're on track to getting BT to resolve your fault as soon as possible.,
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: savanna
Mal, thanks for your reply. ...
I would like to give PlusNet a chance to put this right and I look forward to getting back online very soon.

I think you will find things work out - especially now that you have James and his colleagues on the case.  Smiley
savanna
Dabbler

James et al
May I ask why it is taking so long to resolve this issue? I still don't have internet access. Yesterday, I spoke to a PlusNet adviser who said I had to try using another router before a BT engineer would be sent out. This is despite the fact that when I raised the issue of a faulty router much earlier in a phone call to a PlusNet technical adviser, I was told that based on the way the router was responding, the problem  >:(lay elsewhere. Also, I had requested a loan router from PlusNet in one of my written responses to the support ticket about a week ago. Why was this issue of a possible problem with my router not raised by PlusNet until over a week after I reported the fault? By the way, my D-Link router was provided by PlusNet. Please tell me how long I have to wait before my broadband connection is reactivated.
James
Grafter

Hi Savanna,
I'm honestly not sure why a test router was not sent out sooner.
If your broadband went down when BT fixed your telephone line fault, then I'd be fairly confident that it isn't a router problem and will be happy to get you an engineer booked as soon as possible.
savanna
Dabbler

Hi James
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, my broadband has not been working since BT "fixed" my telephone line over a week ago. I wouldn't have minded trying one of your test routers but I was told it would take 2-3 working days to be delivered and frankly, I can't wait that long as this could mean another week without internet access. I'd appreciate it if you could book an engineer asap. Perhaps PlusNet can go ahead and send me a test router asap and if the new router happens to solve the problem, you could presumably then cancel the engineer booking?
James
Grafter

Ok.  Let's get a test router sent out then, which will probably arrive on Monday or Tuesday.
Shall I try to get an engineer booked for Wednesday which we'd be able to get cancelled if needed?
savanna
Dabbler

James
I'm afraid I can't wait until Wednesday to have an engineer come out. That would mean another weekend and most of next week without internet access which would be very inconvenient, to say the least. I'm pretty certain that my internet access ended after BT "cleaned" up the noise on my line. Please book an engineer before Wednesday. Do the engineers have time slots or do I have to take a day off work and wait around for them to call?
James
Grafter

I'm afraid the time slots are only 0800-1300 & 1300-1800 so it would mean taking a half day.
Let me know when you would like me to aim for and I'll do what I can.
savanna
Dabbler

I've been told the engineers work on Saturdays. If so, can you book one for Saturday morning, 31 Jan, 0800-1300pm? Thanks.
James
Grafter

Who told you that?
Saturday engineer visits are extremely rare, but we can ask.