cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting.

thereverend
Dabbler

Disgusting.

Booked with plusnet as my father uses them, and needed broadband for my new room. He contacted and paid for installation of phoneline and unlimited BB. Received an email stating that an engineer would be with me today.
Checked a few online reviews this morning and got worried due to the high number of recent scathing reviews. On further inspection most appear to be replied to with hollow platitudes from a Plusnet representative.
I went for an online chat with Andrew to check my order, and one has not been placed. Fee has been taken, but no order placed.
Am told that I cannot chat online to orders/provisions and need to ring them. I cannot ring as I have no money on my phone to be able to do this, and am having to use extortionate mobile BB via a dongle to even get in touch with plusnet.
I have been told that I may get a phone call, but most likely an email.
I have no Broadband or phone, no order placed and no router.
This is absolutely disgusting and a business model that whilst it may be profitable is certainly not fit for purpose.
Every single person I get the chance to tell I am going to warn off Plusnet.
24 REPLIES 24
b1ggles
Grafter

Re: Disgusting.

Hardly their fault you won't ring them.
I found from my recent move that their online ordering system doesn't work correctly, and hasn't for ages according to reviews, so I rang them at each stage and spoke to someone who sorted things out immediately. Yes, their IT leaves much to be desired but I'd happily recommend them with the proviso they ring to confirm everything they do online has happened.
As your father organised it all surely he should be contacting them anyway and I would guess he has a working phone?
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: b1ggles

It is fully their fault they took payment before placing order, the order should be successfully placed  before they take payment, and if it's their ordering system that isnt fit for purpose then they should invest in something that works
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: b1ggles

I certainly wouldn't attribute the blame to the customer on this one. Our systems haven't placed an order.
I'm really sorry for the hassle caused here. I'll get your order placed for you shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
thereverend
Dabbler

Received your email Matty, thank you.
Both yourself and Andrew on live chat have been most helpful, I feel sorry for you both having to take flak for things that are not your fault.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I am sorry this is not good enough PN. When the customer have ordered Phone Line and BB as PN is responsible to check the order on the BTW system to make sure it committed the order have been accepted and take the customer payment!
thereverend
Dabbler

Getting contact regarding appointment on the 24th which is encouraging.
I've not received my router however, is this a problem?
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

No money on your phone, doesn't prevent you using an 0800 number for Support; these numbers are now
free to call from mobiles & landlines Undecided
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Looks like your router has been dispatched and is on it's way. I believe it should arrive before your order completes on 24/09/15.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thereverend
Dabbler

Thanks Harry, appreciate the response.
thereverend
Dabbler

Well no router, and still got 40 minutes for the engineer to appear. I wonder if he will? oooh it's so exciting.
I have had two text messages one telling me that my phone is working and one saying that my BB is as well, that is excellent news. Well it is apart from the fact that I don't have either a phone line or a router, but they may turn up in teh next 40 minutes.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Really sorry to say that the engineer won't be arriving...
However your phone line should now be working and I will be refunding your new line install fee as our suppliers seem to have decided at the last minute that you don't need an appointment (Despite the fact that we requested an appointment on the order :-\)
I apologise that we weren't able to notify you.
As soon as your router arrives, you should be able to get online.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thereverend
Dabbler

I wont be able to, as I need a phone line in my room to be able to plug the router into.
That was the point of the order with you guys, I am in a multiple occupancy house and there is not an active phone line in any of the rooms.
That is why I specifically ordered a new phone line, as one needs installing.
alext05
Grafter

This looks like an award-winning cock-up.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Presumably BT have reconnected an old line -so SOMEBODY in the house is probably able to make calls -if only they knew !!!