cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted

tonyow
Dabbler

Disgusted

I don't usually go to the trouble of posting this kind of stuff but I am totally disgusted at the way things have gone since yesterday morning and need to let people know what can happen and how it's (not) dealt with.

So...I was getting my Fibre installed yesterday..Great.
Installer arrived, got three lights on the Openreach modem and whilst I was setting up my router the engineer left.
Got the router set up...ran a speedtest (btspeedtester) 70 meg....happy days  Smiley  so went to make a come of tea and came back to see no dsl light hmm I thought better ring the guys at Plusnet am sure they can sort this out and get the engineer to come back seeing that he had only left 20 mins earlier.
So I call up..and explain the situation and the guy asks if I have moved anything errrm  No, ok he says I'll check the line..few minutes later.."yes there is a fault with your line" to which I reply oh ok can you just contact the insatller and get him to correct it..he left a maximum of 20mins ago..the answer "no this is a line fault and we will be in contact within 72hrs"  errm but it was working fine before the installer "upgraded" the system and it is obviously related to that "makes no difference we'll be in touch within 72 hrs"  hold on he has just left ...can you not get him back  ?  "no". now in my opinion 72 hrs is a long time to wait if the line failed after months of service with no problems but to have to wait the same amount of time with a "fault" that ocurred following a new installation (upgrade).....is that reasonable ? come on guys.
Is this good service ?  wouldn't it be an idea to have a window of say a few hours on any installation to iron out any such problems ? Is it not reasonable for me to be extremely p'd off with this situation ? I had a working product one minute..had paid to get it upgraded, had it fail within 20mins and then have to wait up to 72hours for any hope of a resolution !
The two guys I spoke to on seperate occasions were less than helpful with the only aswer being "72hrs", neither of the two guys i spoke to were very helpful and one in particular "John" even refused to furnish me with the complaints dept details...according to him "the complaints dept do not work at this time"  this was at about 19.00..fair enough I say to myself  "can you give me their contact details please ?"  the answer "no"  i ask "why not" he says "because complaints go through me"...you get the jist of this conversation I think. Eventually and begrudgingly he supplies me with an address....this is not good customer service Plusnet.
Plusnet your "support" guys have already told me I will be "compensated" by not having to pay for the downtime but they may not understand what compensation is, not paying for the downtime is much like not paying for something you have not bought or received is it not  ? and therefore no compensation at all.
Plusnet, can you please sort out my connection and also refund me the £25 I paid for the installation as compensation for the grief this has caused.
I look forward to hearing from you...in less than 72 hours hopefully !
I am typing this on a friends computer btw...I do not have access to the internet you see.
17 REPLIES 17
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Disgusted

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear how this happened, especially so soon after an installation was completed. I'm afraid though that a fault is a fault (as soon as the order is closed off the line is regarded as provided so any issues must be raised as a fault) no matter how soon after the installation it happens, and as such needs to be addressed in the same way as any other fault.
I'll happily take a look at yours for you and see if I can get it escalated, of course it's frustrating and reasonable for you to feel p'd off but I'm afraid we deal with all faults in exactly the same way - it's only fair. In the same way we're not compensated for any downtime by our suppliers which is why we don't typically offer any sort of compensation, though we will always look into a goodwill gesture on a case by case basis, once the fault is resolved.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to add to the above, the automated testing did indeed find a fault and this has been escalated - I went to pass it back to our suppliers for further investigation and it's now at the stage where an engineer visit needs to be booked. I did try to call to arrange this and book it directly with you but there was no answer on the landline (and no way to leave a message) and unfortunately there isn't a mobile number on your account.
If you could advise when you're available, weekdays between either 8am and 1pm for the morning slot or 1pm and 6pm for the afternoon slot we'll get this booked - if you do get this in time currently appointments are also available on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend though I'm not sure how long they'll stay free for.
tonyow
Dabbler

Matt, I have answered the message you sent about 90 minutes ago re the engineer visit but as of yet have not received a reply..can you confirm the day/time with me please ?  What time did you call ? you made no mention of that call in the message or I would have been more than happy to call you again if it meant a swifter resolution. There should be a mobile number on my account because I have been called previously regarding issues I was having with the Technicolor modems you sent me (I had to buy my own in the end). I will look forward to the discussion regarding the "goodwill payment".
Again can you please confirm that the engineer will visit tomorrow.  Regards.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've booked tomorrow morning for you for the appointment, though I'm afraid it's not possible for us to react instantly the moment a ticket reply comes in hence the delay (and me picking this up following the forum post rather than the ticket), hope it gets things sorted.
With regard to the mobile number, from what I can see we've never had one on this account (I'm not sure if you've had other accounts with us before though). You can see and edit the details we have here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 (requires login), if you could add a mobile number it'd make getting in touch with you a lot easier Smiley
Hope the engineer sorts this for you.
tonyow
Dabbler

Matt,
I have replied to you via the ticket before posting here as you suggested.
Well guess what..the engineer has not turned up ! weirdly though the connection has restarted last night (been off a couple of times too) so was hoping the engineer would sort this out once and for all.
It seems when you said that if your "suppliers" changed anything about the appointment (like not turning up) that would be nothing to do with you seems to have been a prophetic comment ! I did ask in the ticket to be contacted if there was a change but did not receive a reply.
So....a wasted Saturday morning on top of the rest.
All4One
Grafter

Engineer might not even need to attend your property, so if you're saying it's come back, he could have been out and been working at cab/exchange/line etc.
Edit: If Matt raised the issue back to OR last night, if they picked it up and had engineer in the area, they might have been proactive and jumped on it, hence working again last night - a possibility?
tonyow
Dabbler

Thanks for that.
Anything is possible......but unlikely in this case I think.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You may well be able to give PN and call now and see if the job is closed or not, they might give an insight as what, if anything, has happened.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tonyow
Dabbler

Thanks dvorak...I'm just about to do that..especially now that I don't have a connectio again Angry
will see how this one goes !
tonyow
Dabbler

Well my connection has gone for good again now and after phoning again I have been told that the fault has been cancelled and it is a "Bt system issue" so am now left with no cennection until monday pm...no engineer can be arranged for tomorrow.
As I suspected...nobody has done anything with fault besides cancelling itaccording to plusnet.
Unbelievable !!  Although I'm starting to believe anything can happen now....besides my having an internet connection ofcourse.
72 hours (plus sunday) is about right to the problem being looked at.......so much for the escalation.
I was going to put an emoticon here but that could imply that I still have a sense of humour after this shambolic episode.
Let's see what happens Monday
carrieplusnet

I am new to the forum, but after reading your troubles with PN I feel very sorry for you. I know I would go nuts if I could not get connected for even 24 hours. It must be very upsetting and frustrating. I have just joined the forum to get more information before I upgrade my account. After the problems you have had I am very reluctant to change anything. Or maybe I should change to a another provider.  Huh
tonyow
Dabbler

Carrie, I'm really hoping that this is not a regular occurence an that I have been very unlucky with the installation and the promised solution / visit that did not happen
I'm hoping it will be resolved tomorrow and I will most definately be seeking compensatio or  "goodwill" as plusnet put it.
I will update tomorrow..hopefully with good news and by typing on a proper keyboard instead of my phone !
Devonian
Grafter

I have been with Plusnet a while now, and I'd like to offer my view.
The initial installation for me was rather drawn out, as was the same for my brother at his property not long ago, we both had problems during the installation.
Whether this is due to BT or PlusNet, I have no idea, but the actual initial installation is a flawed process.
HOWEVER,  since being connected, I can honestly say Plusnet is the best company I have had dealings with.
Granted, I usually come here for any customer service/fault issue, but I have always been given the best service.
Apart from a fault on my line at the moment, that PlusNet are trying incredibly hard to put right, even though OpenReach or putting up wall after wall.
Give Plusnet a chance.
Once installation is finally complete, you will find decent service, and decent staff that do try hard to help.
I have been with BT and TalkTalk, and beleive me, I will never leave Plusnet again after those companies.
tonyow
Dabbler

Thanks for your input Devonian.
I myself have been with plusnet for a few months now and have been happy with the servive, I was also quite happy with cs and the half dozen calls I had made to them over that period all of which were due to the dire wireless capability oh their technicolor routers (4 I think in 5 months)...was I the only one having problems with those too ?? Eventually I bit the bullet ...bought my own and the problem was solved.
But this experience has not been good (especially the first 2 calls to "customer service" which was anything but) with a non working installation, a no show engineer visit...and 5 days with no service !
It appears that I am not alone with problems following installation (yourself and your brother to name only two) so I assume plusnet know that this can happen, If that is indeed the case why is there no contincency to deal with the problem in a timely fashion ?  such as being able to contact the engineer on the day....20 minutes after leaving the property in my case...doesn't that make at the very least a lttle sense ?
I just hope I get connected properly tomorrow (if the engineer turns up ofcourse) and if the service i.e. stable connection is as it was previously I will be happy, but it is quite clear that my current situation is not acceptable and whoever is to blame be it Plusnet and / or Bt I am the one that has not received the service I pay / paid for.
These posts have been very long and I apologise for that, but the fact is my situation was avoidable if the engineer would have been contacted when the fault developed within only 20 minutes of him leaving my property.....how difficult would that be in reality ?
Plusnet...maybe something you can discuss with your "suppliers" ?