cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in number porting

sach

Delay in number porting

Got a PlusNet Sim Only deal last week and requested to port my number from Vodafone. My old number stopped working Tuesday morning but has not yet ported to my PlusNet sim. Its been 3 days now!!.

I've been speaking to customer services for the past 3 days and just getting scripted response that its been looked into by the operations department.

I asked to be issued a PAC code so that I can leave PlusNet and port my original number to somewhere else but was told that that cannot be done till the number has fully ported to PlusNet. But there is no timescale of when the porting will complete. So I'm just stuck in a rut. I can't do any banking transactions as the OTP code sent by bank are going to my original number, which has stopped working, thanks to PlusNet. So now having to borrow money from friends so that my direct debits don't bounce and hammer my credit rating.

I told the customer services agent today that I need to raise a complaint. He said that I need to speak to a manager first before the complaint can be registered but the manager was not available to take the call and I should get a call back sometime today for the manager.

What a sham!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Labels added after post moved.

4 REPLIES 4
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Delay in number porting

Hi Sach, 

thanks for taking the time out to leave us some feedback. 

I'm very sorry to hear you've had some issues with your port. As standard a Port should complete within 24 hours if submitted on a weekday before 6pm. However, in occasional circumstances there can be a delay as porting is a multi step process in which we liaise with many other networks. 

I can assure you that our Operations Team will be working behind the scenes to push your number through manually and we can certainly compensate you for time without your number once the port is complete. 

If you'd like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to drop myself or any of the other mobile staff members a private message and we'll be happy to help you in any way we can. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@sach wrote:
I told the customer services agent today that I need to raise a complaint. He said that I need to speak to a manager first before the complaint can be registered but the manager was not available to take the call and I should get a call back sometime today for the manager.

What a sham!

Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sach

Hi Sarah,

What number is this issue in the Operations team's queue?

My PlusNet number is [Removed], hope that helps you find out the specific status for this issue.

I'm fed up of getting generic answers from your team. Can you please give me concrete answers. 

Regards

Sach

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

SimonT

I'm having exactly the same problem - porting from Vodafone to PlusNet. Now on the third working day since the port was requested, and still no sign of it completing. I'm told each time I phone (by helpful PlusNet staff) that the port will complete by midnight, but I'm rapidly losing confidence, not to mention work which is reliant on my original number. Help!!