cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Home move - 1 month and still waiting...

MarkBoulding

I have had exactly the same experience of this appalling business and service. Advised plusnet 1 month before I moved home, a total distance of 3 miles, advised cease on line for 26/04/2018, then when I moved informed cease on line for 11/05/2018, then webchat with customer services who informed cease was indeed for 26/04/2018 and offered one months free broadband for inconvenience and extended installation date, then received email stating that whole order had been cancelled !!!! Spoke to customer services after a 30  minute wait for agent to be told that installation had indeed been cancelled but no information on who or why and that it would be another 10-12 days for service to be provided.  I have written to CEO asking about how their advertising of exemplary customer service is viable in this case, it's not as if I am moving to the middle of nowhere and the service exists in the area, also all apps and wires exist so just a case of changeover in exchange and cabinet, no visit needed. As a freelance journalist I will be highlighting  this blatant failure of ability to provide even a basic move of service 3 miles away and hopefully prospective customers will be able to make a more informed decision on supplier than rely on misleading advertising ! Having reviewed the posts on this message board I would consider that the majority of customers seem to have one problem or another with plusnet, time to take my heard earned money elsewhere to someone who can perform the basic level of service delivery !

3 REPLIES 3
MarkBoulding

Understand some of the problems could reside with Openreach but not the ones where PlusNet's supposed exemplary levels of customer service screw up your installation by getting cease dates wrong then cancelling order with no authority from subscriber as they have done with mine.  I have been waiting a month for a simple move down the road (3 miles) to a fully serviced area with all apparatus and wires existing at my new property, so just an exchange and jumpering change no engineer visit required. It seems to be if PlusNet can't even get a basic order right then there is no chance. Cancelling order and going for a competent supplier who doesn't mislead with advertising 1

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Posts split into their own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @MarkBoulding

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused during your housemove and for the delayed response here in the forums.

I understand that following this post a dedicated case handler was assigned to keep an eye over your orders and keep you updated.

Hopefully they'll have some good news later today based off the previous update they provided you.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet