Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Card Con by Plus net

TicnTac
Grafter

Re: Debit Card Con by Plus net

Quote from: nadger
Obviously I'm a strong advocate of paying by DD but I fail to see why anyone should want to continue paying by debit card as it still comes straight from ones current account and provides one with none of the guarantees.

'Once bitten twice shy' - as the saying goes..........I've seen where a family members DD has gone wrong, cost hundreds, and months to sort out, and yes you have the DD guarantee, but that doesn't solve the problems it creates in the first place. They did swap banks at the end of it all, but the hassle and stress is caused can never be compensated........
....don’t forget there are still some people who don’t like using chip & pin still and are just getting on with a debit card. Some accounts for low income families means you can’t have direct debits and you get a very restricted debit card. It is down to the individual, and it is a shame Plusnet can’t do it on a case by case basis, ie. Someone who has paid via CC or DC for 12 months or more can lose the £1.50 fee – anyone new pays it.
I think it’s going to be just one of those things, some demonic  android at BT decided that a £1.50 fee will be brought in, and that’s it...........just wait till Plusnet start charging for their customer services, and bring in a premium rate number for 3rd party issues, as well as increasing line rental and call charges! If something makes a decision that’s it...........mwuahahaha Wink  Shocked
Wink
LordFox
Rising Star

It's a shame that PN won't penalise just those who's payments fail, rather than everyone who uses a card.
That's the way of this whole country though, isn't it?
Why penalise the few when you can use it as an excuse to punish everyone?
I've seen that in government, law making, employment... it's the British way!
thisoldman
Grafter

just read the latest bt bb+unlimited calls evenngs etc etc  it costs 13.99 a month or 13.29 with dd.
So bt only charge 70p more for not using dd.

Hence the saliency of my original post  why does pn charge 1.50 when bt (their owner) only charges 70p
TonyC
Grafter

Just to correct an error in your post.
BT retail don't own plusnet - they are a seperate company
BT Group is the 'top of the tree' company, who own BT Wholesale, BT Openreach, BT retail and Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://www.plus.net/features/news/plans2007.shtml
2nd paragraph
Towards the end of 2006, BT Retail made an offer for the purchase of PlusNet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Don't BT currently charge a Payment Processing Fee of £1.50 per month for non-DD payments (VAT Free)? From 29th January 2011 I thought following an EU ruling that VAT at 20% had to be included making the monthly charge £1.80.
David
TonyC
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
http://www.plus.net/features/news/plans2007.shtml
2nd paragraph

strange, according to the BT group Annual report. Plusnet is a BT Group subsidiary
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi all,
This isn't really mentioned in our history page on the portal at the moment: http://www.plus.net/residential/about_us.shtml but just to clarify we we are owned by BT Retail and do operate as a separate company.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Tony,
BT Retail is part of the BT Group.
We are owned (as an independent subsiduary) by BT Retail.
xpcomputers
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi all,
This isn't really mentioned in our history page on the portal at the moment: http://www.plus.net/residential/about_us.shtml but just to clarify we we are owned by BT Retail and do operate as a separate company.

And it clearly isn't just because that page hasn't been updated for a long time, since it already mentions "won't be beat" slogan. It is almost like you are still embarrassed to be linked to BT Retail...? (or worried it will put the punters off if they know the truth?)
Does someone need to get a red pen out and do some editing?  Wink
I guess you are still a unique legal entity (Are you still "Plusnet plc"?) which is distinct and separate, so there is no need to declare who owns you, in the same way you don't list all the shareholders on the website...
Mike
Spider
Grafter

When checking Company House records Plusnet PLC is still listed as a separate entity. The basic information does not show who owns the company or shareholder information.
Plusnet PLC
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

And while were here
	PLUSNET ASP LIMITED 	
PLUSNET EBT LIMITED
I assume they're owned by ?Plusnet plc?, but what are their functions?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
gswindale
Grafter

not lot I'd say based on the fact they are dormant.