cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Card Con by Plus net

thisoldman
Grafter

Debit Card Con by Plus net

I am outraged that Plusnet are going to charge 1.50 each month to process my billing.
Shops do not charge me , vets do not charge me,garages do not charge me  , so why should i let Plusnet charge me.
Well im not going to allow this con, so plusnet, you either drop the charge or lose my custom.
the processing fee is simply a slimy backdoor means of increasing costs to us.
So if plusnet insist then im off elsewhere.  Take it or leave it Plusnet.
I know i could avoid charges by setting up a dd but my argument is why should I allow people to dictate to me thru balckmail methods.
87 REPLIES 87
charltjr
Grafter

Re: Debit Card Con by Plus net

Quote from: thisoldman
Shops do not charge me , vets do not charge me,garages do not charge me  , so why should i let Plusnet charge me.

Actually shops, vets and garages do charge you to use your debit card it's just they bundle the fees into the price of everything you buy so you don't notice it.
Personally I don't see a problem with PN passing on this cost to those who incurr it, I'd rather that than have everyone's fees rise to subsidise those who pay by debit card. Nothing personal, just my opinion, you and everyone else paying by debit card cost PN more than those who pay by DD so you have to pay more for it. Seems fair enough.
Just switch to direct debit to pay PN, or as you say you can always leave for another ISP.
Cheers,
John
thisoldman
Grafter

Quote from: charltjr
Shops do not charge me , vets do not charge me,garages do not charge me  , so why should i let Plusnet charge me.

Actually shops, vets and garages do charge you to use your debit card it's just they bundle the fees into the price of everything you buy so you don't notice it.

Cheers,
John

thats rubbish.if i buy 20£ of petrol i pay 20£ even if i use my dc
dick:green Quote tag fixed.
thisoldman
Grafter

Having spoken to my bank and 3 major high street stores, I am reliably informed that plusnets decision to charge an extra 1.50 for debit card users is wrong. The charge should only apply to minimum subscription accounts  ie  low cost area people who pay 5.99 for value.
Since im in a high cost area  why should i pay the 1,50?
Yesterday i used my dc to pay a hight street store 4£ an dthere was no extra charge.
IV bought the plusnet dubious story about low/high cost areas yet in thuis high cost area where i live no other isp charges their customers extra so why does plus net. Im also told by an accountant that the extra charge levied by plus net on high cost area clients is excessive,inrelation to what bt charge plus net.
So im damned if im going to pay an extra 1.50.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it has nothing to do with what phone area you live in, what the people you asked meant was that if it is less than £10, they can surcharge you.
I also have an Amex card, they charge the retailers so much that few will use it, BUT, I find that the larger chains will happily take payments for less than £1
DVLA charge you extra for Credit cards but are free for Debit cards.
You take your choice and pay by the cheapest method, I shouldn't have to tell a person who used to be in Glasgow that
Toolbox
Grafter

Dont get mad get even.
But not sure how you can do that in this case but when they did that to me for paying my phone bill on time they lost £40 a month from me and I still never paid their charge and still don't.
If you tick the direct debit box and pay using online banking you wont get the charge even though they are not using the direct debit so long as you make sure the bill is paid before the direct debit call.
i.e. If there is no bill there is no direct debit to take.
Or leave Plusnet.
thisoldman
Grafter

I am already paying 11.99 so thats above the minimum charge.
Spider
Grafter

After much thought I have come to the conclusion that those that pay by card should not pay £1.50 extra, but those paying by DD should pay £1.50 less per month. I accept this is going to eat into Plusnet's profits so would expects to see a £1.50 price rise across the board to compensate. It is only fair that everyone gets charged the same irrespective of what the costs are to Plusnet.... Wink hmm now where does that leave us with the different market exchanges?
john50
Grafter

Try buying a concert ticket or sporting event ticket and see what surcharge/processing charge is applied  Wink
I think you will find all retailers are charged for credit card transactions but invariably its hidden in the price you see on the sticker, so even if you pay cash you still end up paying it.
Debit cards I believe are still charged but at a lower rate
charltjr
Grafter

Quote from: charltjr

thats rubbish.if i buy 20£ of petrol i pay 20£ even if i use my dc

You're not actually thinking about what I said, It's not rubbish it's totally factual. Where did I said they make a separate charge which you can see on your reciept when you use debit card? What I said was that everything costs a little bit more to cover the cost of the transaction. The fact is that EVERY card transaction you make incurrs a charge to the retailer from the company which processes the transaction on behalf of the retailer, that money has to come from somewhere and it's hidden in the price of everything we buy.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

I Still do not see the answer to the question.......Why do you not pay by Direct Debit ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
thisoldman
Grafter

because  its a plus net con charging people who use a d card, and i wont be dictated to on how i pay
nadger
Rising Star

Strikes me you're between a rock and a hard place  Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm sure Talk Talk will be happy to solve your dilemma...if you can stand them.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

A lot of people must be able to stand them. Look how fast TT and Sky are growing compared to PlusNet