Did you mean: 

Complaints

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Complaints

Hello @MISSkate

I am sorry to hear how unhappy you are with our services. You're correct in stating an engineer was expected to come out to the property, however due to COVID19 they'll try to complete the work external without entering the property for everyone's safety. I am sorry if this wasn't advised to you, our engineers should be ringing and advising this during the appointment slot. I can see your broadband went live as expected and I have updated the title on the account.

The refund you're referring to, sounds like a cashback offer. Please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/ - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
MISSkate

No. What I was referring to was the initial confirmation of engineering visit followed by no show and no communication.
An engineer did come out eight days later as you know, and as regards COVID19 he did enter the property and without a mask. My partner has asthma and therefore especially vulnerable, so please do not excuse the previous mistake on safety grounds. I do think we should be compensated for the inconvenience of losing four days between us now. Also every time you email me you call me Mr, hence my username on this forum. I was referring to the reward/refund and now I see just from spending ten minutes on this forum that some people have been waiting since July for theirs. When should I realistically be expecting mine?
Thanks for the quick response - this time - I will be directing further communication to the community as it seems to be the only way to get any kind of response from the staff also.
Kate.
MISSkate

Hi there,
Thanks, just learning my way around! 🤔😀
Kate
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @MISSkate

Your title is updated on the account already, I noticed it pretty fast so I do wonder what sort of reading glasses the other advisors were wearing at the time! Cashback offers as advised on the FAQ arrive via email 10 working days from the services going live, I've reviewed your complaint and updated you with a response here

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
evewebber
Hooked

I have been informed that my contract is due to expire on 1 March. I want to discuss the terms of the new contract but it is impossible to get through to anybody on the phone.

I checked the complaints procedure (Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice) which amongst other options says:

Online Ticket

If you prefer to contact us in writing, you can do this via an online ticket (you'll need your account username and password). A member of our team will investigate and respond to your complaint within 5 working days.

I clicked on the link, entered the complaint and sent it off.

I received an acknowledgement with a ticket number. So far so good.

Shortly afterwards I received the incredible reply below:

So they have a ticket system which you are not allowed to use!

Can ANYBODY from Plusnet tell me how I can discuss renewal terms with a real live person before I go elsewhere? If I cannot phone them can they phone me?

We�re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query online or via ticket and as such this message will not be responded too.

Should you need assistance please call us on 0800 432 0200.
Kind regards,

Ryan Broadhead
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi there, 

I'm afraid that the only way to discuss renewals/contracts is by calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

I am extremely sorry about the ticket reply provided, this is something which will need to be investigated. 

Kind Regards,

Alisdair 

evewebber
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, but what I do not understand, and this seems to be the case with many others, is why Plusnet is going out of its way to be more and more difficult to contact. I have seen a number of articles stating that Plusnet have come top in customer complaints and I wonder why you don't do something to improve your image.

Why do you not have more people answering the phone?

Why is the chat service so [-Censored-]?

Why have you removed the ticketing service and any other kind of online support? 

Where does "We'll do you proud" come in?

The words "customer service/support" are meant to be a joke aren't they?

I would appreciate a reply to this as I'm sure others would also like to know.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @evewebber 

A warm welcome to the forums.

The Super Users (SU) have already raised the issue over support tickets being closed in the manner you have experienced, particularly where the (limited) use of the ticket system is compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for specific purposes, such as raising a complaint.  I am advised that the complaints team is aware of this and are investigating what is happening.

Whilst this might not address the reason for your complaint, I hope that it will ensure that others will not encounter similar issues.

As for contacting the Customer Options Team, you might have a better experience trying their direct number...

Contact Customer Options

• 0800 013 2632(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)

Available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @evewebber 

I have already had some feedback on this experience.  Can you please advised what route you took to the ticketing system to raise your complaint?

• Was it via the link in the Complaints Code of Practice page?
  • Were you already logged in to the user portal when you clicked that link?

Having just raised two complaint tickets I suspect that it is imperative that the user be already logged into the user portal BEFORE clicking the complaints ticket link (https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38).  Though clicking it whilst not logged in will force a logon, I suspect that the ticket form presented after login is not the same as the one as that required for a complaint.

The issue is being investigated.

Thank you for drawing attention to your experience - I hope that your issue is dealt with promptly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

evewebber
Hooked

Many thanks for the replies. I'll be very interested in any developments if any.

To answer the questions:

Yes, it was through the Complaints Code of Practice link, but I cannot be sure if I was logged on at the time. In any case, I was able to submit the complaint and receive a reply, however bizarre it was.

I'll try the number tomorrow and see if I have any more success in getting through there.

evewebber
Hooked

The next stage in this saga.

I was able to contact the options team and renew my contract on Monday.

On Tuesday I checked the contract email and found it was £1 more than agreed, so I followed the link to the Complaints procedure that was in that email and followed the online ticket link.

I entered the details and added "I am using the complaints procedure as advised in yesterday's email. "

Guess what? This morning I got  the same message as before. Why do they continue to say the procedure is available when it isn't and how do you complain about a complaints procedure?

We�re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query via this method and as such this message will not be responded too.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@evewebber wrote:

We�re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query via this method and as such this message will not be responded too.

Whoever typed that reply has used the word 'too' incorrectly too.  Why am I not surprised?  Roll_eyes

evewebber
Hooked

An unexpected result.

Shortly after my latest post someone from Plusnet phoned me!

He resolved my issue and said that they were aware of the problems and IT were working on it.

We'll see.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@evewebber wrote:

...so I followed the link to the Complaints procedure that was in that email and followed the online ticket link.

Guess what? This morning I got  the same message as before. Why do they continue to say the procedure is available when it isn't and how do you complain about a complaints procedure?

Did you ensure that you were already logged into the portal BEFORE clicking the link to the complaints process?  Clicking the link to the complaints process prior to being logged into the portal will not result in the ticket raised being processed as a complaint.  As advised before, this is being investigated.

Yes, users ought not need to know that they must first be logged into the portal, but in this case, you were advised that this was required in post #54 above.

evewebber
Hooked

I thought that by starting from the actual contract email containing the link it would emphasise the fact that they were, in theory at least, still promoting the complaints procedure. And I emphasised that further in my closing sentence.

In any case, since I received a phone call this morning in answer to my complaint of last night, it is not clear to me that whether I am logged in or not makes any difference since they clearly received it.