cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

thebarons
Hooked

Re: Complaints

" I would not surprise me if somebody has told me what is going on by sending an email to the account that they won't let me log in to"

Quite. At one point the only emails that were getting through were from plusnet. Now none seem to. The bizarre thing is that I can SEND emails using my Plusnet email address and my domain name address, hosted by P'net but mail sent to those addresses disappears into the ether. If I use my Gmail a/c to send to the P'net one I don't get a delivery failure notice. They just don't arrive.
I notice that no one from P'net has commented yet.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ JHHB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the email issue and also your delayed refund, I appreciate this has caused you frustration and ai apologise for this and any inconvenience you have experienced.

I've looked into the email issue and can see this is currently with our NetOps team to resolve. Your refund query is with our Billing Team. I will monitor the ticket for a response at which stage I'll be able to get back to you.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ thebarons,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the email issue you have been having and apologise if we have not been able to resolve this for you previously.

I've looked into this and can see that you have spoken to us about the issue. I have sent you a message via a separate ticket, please can you respond and let us know here once you have done so in order for us to look into this further.

Thanks - LF

thebarons
Hooked

Thank you for your response.
It does seem slghtly odd that an email was sent, when I have stated that I can't receive email!
However, bizarrely, emails from Plusnet do get through, even if nobody else's do. I have received the email from Tahir and have replied, answering the questions which were not specifically dealt with in my email.
There is no evidence that anyone has taken any notice of my email sent to your 'postmaster' address.
As I said to him, tomorrow will mark SIX weeks that this has been going on. 

I have lost count of the number of years that I have been with Plusnet - since at least 2008. Until now I have been entirely satisfied (except that at one time, even with a business a/c, getting through to support could mean a long time hanging on the line for someone to reply). Now, as you can imagine, I am far from happy, especially as it has cost us money.

PB

JHHB

Thank you LordFoul, I hope you have more luck than I have.  

We left Plusnet when we moved house mid-October and arranged to keep an email-only account.  I assume the broadband service ended then, there certainly seemed to be movements on the account.  The email-only service continued until 26 December when Plusnet decided to close it down.

I was especially annoyed that the NetOps team effectively called me a liar in saying that I had not asked to retain an email-only service.  There was also an implication that because of this they would refuse to consider restoring the email.  I had to read into this a sort of bolshie vindictiveness, i.e., I had left Plusnet so I could go to hell. I had not realised back in October that I needed to get everything in writing in case Plusnet made a later mistake and I needed written evidence. I thought I could rely on the word of Plusnet staff..

Anyway, the most helpful CS person has been Laura who found the evidence in Plusnet's files (obviously NetOps didn't look that hard themselves) and she has also said that she will keep tabs on progress. 

We wait and hope that it's just friends and family that are being temporarily inconvenienced by us not replying to them and not anything really serious.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@thebarons

The emails you've mentioned are purely notifications from a "no-reply" address, however if you wish to reply with any questions or points you need to raise please use the link that LF included in his reply and that will take you to the part of our website where you can do that. 

If you need to do so please feel free to reply back to this thread afterwards and I'll make sure that gets picked up for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thebarons
Hooked

Dear Adam,

I am confused by your post. 

MY email on Monday was sent to postroom@plus.net.

However, I did reply to Tahir's post on Tuesday and didn't get an 'undeliverable' message. Not sure what the point is of sending emails requesting information, if the return address doesn't work! 

He enquired whether I could send myself emails & if I am using an email client.

Here is the text of what I sent to him in that email:

'Dear Tahir,

Thank you for your response to my community comments.

I do not intend to give you chapter and verse again here. I will simply correct you, in that I have contacted customer support on several other occasions, the latest being 19th December, and refer you to the email sent to postroom@plus.net - the only address available to mere customers, it appears.

I would like my request therein to be acted upon; i.e. that the matter be referred to senior management, in order that they shake somebody up to finally resolve the matter. I note that although you have responded to my comment, nobody has so much as acknowledged my email.

In answer to you specific queries;

I can send emails from my plusnet address to other addresses. I CANNOT receive emails*. I have just tested again via webmail and an email to myself sends but is not received. I DO NOT receive a "Cannot deliver" notice. Full details are given in my email of what I can and cannot do.

I am not currently using an email client. I mainly receive emails via my iphone/Pad and am currently (laboriously) using webmail as well. This reply is via webmail.

I have never understood why I had to have a new username when changing my account and I suspect the fact that the two are similar caused the intial problem (my email address was removed instead of being transferred).

As of tomorow, this will have been going on for SIX weeks. I expect an early resolution before I start referring the matter to OFCOM, especially if senior management cannot be accessed and put pressure on the appropriate department to extract their digits and get it sorted.

Given the current uncertainty about what gets through to where. Perhaps you would be good enough to just send an acknowledgement of receipt.

Regards,...'

Your note about unmonitored addresses explains why he did not acceed to my request for an acknowledgement.

You will notice that I emailed the postroom address on MONDAY and that no one has even deigned to acknowledge receipt of it. 
I am coming to the conclusion that your whole complaints system is design to confuse and block attempts to complain in the hope that the customer will eventually get tired and go away.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

The postmaster@ email address isn't a support channel so we don't guarantee a response by that. The emails I mentioned are purely notifications that contain a link where you can respond (as per the "ticket" link in Tahir's reply here. 

Tahir isn't in work today so I'll pick this up with you today in his absence. 

We definitely do take this matter seriously and I'm really sorry for any difficulties in getting support with this so far. 

So I can investigate this further I just need to clarify a few details with you, can you respond to the support ticket on this link advising me the exact email address that you're expecting to receive these messages on please? https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197762281

With regards to usernames if an account is closed that username cannot be re-used, this is due to how our account systems are structured, the fact that the new username is similar shouldn't prove to be a cause of any issues. Please do get back to me so I can continue to follow things up and get the issue resolved with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thebarons
Hooked

HI,

Just a note to confirm I followed the link and have responded to your questions. (when my computer would behave)

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I'll get back to you on the ticket again shortly. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ JHHB,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you had and apologise if you felt let down by the Net-Ops team.

I can see there has been some progress on your email, please confirm everything is okay. I can also advise you that an update about your refund has been posted by our Billing Team.

I trust this resolves the issue however do come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @thebarons,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I appreciate your previous response and I have sent you an update. Please confirm here and on the ticket there is nothing else that may have been missed.

Thanks - LF

Regmrrm38

I’m having very similar issues. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Mistake after mistake - still without broadband after more than a month and turns out they dropped the ball again. Once again told it will work in 2 weeks. Have been told this since 1 October. Want to quit. How can I escalate this? Have been promised refunds - where are they?
If others read this, please quit this company as soon as possible. I have spent a total of 6h on the phone and still nothing. Utterly unacceptable.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @Regmrrm38,
I think you should raise a compliant with Plusnet.
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
Ignore the section about contacting via chat.
Plusnet have shut the chat facility but have left references to contacting via chat littered across the website!
Regards
Richard
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @ Regmrrm38,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with your provisioning, I appreciate the experience has been frustrating.

As discussed, I've taken ownership of this for you and have updated the ticket here. I expect the connection to update overnight so you should be able to connect your router and wait for the connection to come through. I'll keep an eye on it and catch up with you tomorrow.

Feel free to come back to me on the ticket if you have any further queries.

Thanks - LF