cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Regmrrm38

Re: Complaints

Honestly, This broadband supplier is worse than anything I could imagine in my worst nightmares. Without broadband for more than 1 month now.. Sporadically, you come across someone who genuinely tries to help, but then someone else within the company drops the ball. Told that if a fault is raised and an engineer is sent out, I will have to pay £65 if they don't find any fault.. Frankly, a disgraceful company and I am even unable to cancel my services despite attempts to do so. In despair and not sure how to get this resolved. Loss of productivity ++, working in biomedical research and heavily dependent on a functional broadband. 

Regmrrm38

Had a similar experience in 2019 when I first joined them. De ja vu in 2020.. 

This broadband supplier is worse than anything I could imagine in my worst nightmares. Without broadband for more than 1 month now.. Sporadically, you come across someone in customer service who actually tries to help, but then someone else within the company drops the ball. Told that if a fault is raised and an engineer is sent out, I will have to pay £65 if they don't find any fault.. Frankly, a disgraceful company and I am even unable to cancel my services despite attempts to do so. In despair and not sure how to get this resolved. Loss of productivity ++, working in biomedical research and heavily dependent on a functional broadband.

I'm in despair and don't know how to get this sorted. I can't do my work and I am losing so much time every time I have to call them.  

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @Regmrrm38, thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I can see @LordFoul has ownership of your complaint and will be in touch in due course today. 

Thanks. 

minime7471
Hooked

I am having a nightmare with plusnet the last 6 months as well. I won't go into too much depth but I had two engineers out at my old place and always had very bad signal where we could barely stream anything for months and I didn't get any sympathy from customer services even though I contacted them all the time. Now I have moved house and switched to broadband to hopefully fix the issue and it was meant to be sorted on the 4th November. So I stayed in all day and nothing worked. I rang up for them to say that I needed a fibre kit and that one hadn't been sent out! So then I had to wait two more days to receive it and when I do there is a fault on the line which could take up to a month to fix. I don't have time to wait a couple of days let alone a month for this fix which is no fault of my own. I have spoken to numerous people to try and cancel my contract but they want to charge me £110 to cancel the contract even though I have had soo many issues. Very poor from plusnet and I'm still no closer to getting broadband. It's costing me a fortune at the moment trying to tether data from my home to make a [-Censored-] job of my work. I would like to escalate this higher now please.

Thanks

Tom
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @minime7471, thanks for reaching out to us here.

I'm really sorry to read about your experience with us during your house move and for the subsequent fault that has occurred on your line and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I'm afraid the information provided via your user profile doesn't correlate with an account this side. Please could you drop me a PM with your account username or full address with postcode and the account holders full name so I can locate the account and a take a look into this for you. 

Thanks. 

minime7471
Hooked

I think I have private messages you mads but I'm not definitely sure. Still no internet today. The saga continues
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @minime7471,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate your comments and apologise for the issue you're experiencing. I have checked the fault today and can confirm the date that has been advised on the ticket is the earliest that is possible. I can see you have a dedicated case handler dealing with this for you and he is working with Openreach to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks - LF

minime7471
Hooked

Unfortunately it has taken 6 months to get a dedicated member of staff on board to look after my case and unfortunately they can't promise that this won't take another month which is absolutely rediculous. How am I meant to do anything without broadband? I am having to tether fromy phone costing me £15 a day and obviously I won't be compensated for any of that. Plusnet also had the cheek to charge me £6.99 for the postage of the the fibre kit which I had to remind them to send me as they forgot and that was 2 days late of the moving in date.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've added your response to your complaint ticket, to be addressed once the provisioning issues are resolved.

Thanks - LF

minime7471
Hooked

I don't understand how plusnet won't waiver my early exit fees after all the problems I have had over the past year? You want to charge me £110 to leave even though the service has been appalling. How do I take this higher up as I'm really done with the whole thing?
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ minime7471,

As advised you have a dedicated case handler who will be in touch once the provisioning issue has been resolved. If you have any concerns about the provisioning please raise these via the ticket.

If you require an answer to your contractual query this should be discussed with our Customer Options Team between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

We are unable to deal with contractual queries here as this is the remit of our Customer Options Team only. As they do not have a social media presence please contact them to take your query further.

Thanks - LF

minime7471
Hooked

Placed back on diary as before

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 11th November at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

Tahir Mahmood

This is the response I get to my ticket as its being put on hold until Wednesday. Doesn't seem very fair to me. I will give them a call and see if they will waiver the fees. Doubt it though.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The date is the Openreach review date hence we can not provide you with information any sooner than they have advised.

As Openreach do not provision on weekends there is nothing I can add to the situation which will change the outcome for you, it is essentially about what Openreach can do for you and when and is based on the reality of logistics on the ground and engineer availability. I must stress that your case handler is dealing with this as a priority and he will negotiate with our suppliers on your behalf in case of any issues or delay.

If you have any concerns about this please can you raise them via the complaint ticket, to ensure we can respond to queries raised on social media in a timely and efficient fashion.

Thanks - LF

MISSkate

Yep having the same trouble. No matter how you try to get in touch with them it seemingly can't be done
I have tried emailing twice and left a ticket which they obviously read, decided not to bother answering and closed. We went with them because apparently they're customer service is good but judging by everything written here we may have made a mistake
They sent confirmation of engineering visit and so we both stayed home and were moving all our furniture by 7:30 am. They cost us both a day's work and then had the nerve to email me and say that if I was to miss the next visit they booked in place of the one that they missed themselves then they would charge me £65! That's our first impression of Plusnet and judging by the comments here, they have started as they mean to go on. To my mind they owe me £65 minimum in line with their own policy as it relates to no show and no notice. We are supposed to be getting a £50 refund so don't see why they can't make it£115, I will be taking advice on that just on the principle of it. The customers are certainly easier to get advice from.
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Welcome to the Forum @MISSkate 

Just in case you have missed it: you can raise a formal complaint using the link in "Complaints Code of Practice" at the bottom of the page. I don't know if it will help but I can't see it hurting! Use the link, or write to them, the chat option doesn't work.