cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

Emilye

Complaints

Hi,
Can anyone please let me know how I can make a complaint? I know plusnet advertise a chat service however this doesn’t seem to have been working for over a week. I know you can phone however as I have been on the phone on hold/speaking to them for over 2hrs over the last 4 weeks, I can’t bear to been on hold for another 30mins. Is there an email address? I am still waiting for a refund that was promised to be with me no later than the 16th August.
67 REPLIES 67
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Complaints

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I agree that @Jonpe's link is the way to go.

@Emilye wrote:
  Is there an email address?

No, there is no email address for contacting Plusnet.

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley 

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Emilye

Cheers for this, problem is that the chat service isn’t working and I can’t bear being on hold for 1/2hr to just get a refund I have been promised on 3 different occasions. I have opened a new question so hopefully this might help!
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Emilye

I am really sorry that you haven't been able to get through to us via telephone or chat.

As you mentioned you haven't received the refund on your closed account as of yet. I can see that you spoke with a colleague on Friday regarding this and this has been re-raised to our Billing Team to investigate why you have yet to receive your refund.

I have attached a link to the ticket on your closed account where you can view the details that were discussed on Friday. You can view this here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=182277341

I am so sorry that this has caused you so much inconvenience and if you still need any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

Bank-man

I have had a very similar experience and there seems to be no proper way to get my complex case heard. I have been with Plusnet for years and have praised their service to many others... until now:   I moved house into an ex HSBC bank and all I needed was a broadband line. It took 2 months! The catalogue of f* ups was ridiculous to the point of being funny... " your property doesn't seem to have had a phone line sir" -  it was a bank! I'm guessing they had a telephone or two! It turned out they had 50 lines into the building. The first appointment was missed because the engineer couldn't find it !  It's a small town, a big building with two big holes where the ATMs used to be! How much more 'banky' do you want it? My guess is that the Kelly Communications guy was late for his evening pint and couldn't be arsed. Hey Plusnet ! how about paying ME the £65 for YOU missing the appointment?!   Second appointment, another Kelly guy spends 5 hours not getting a connection. third appointment - Openreach guy finally gets a connection. Hooray!  "so will my broadband connection be live now?"  ... "Oh, I've just got this job down as a phone line".  All I wanted was broadband but a phone call confirmed that indeed Plusnet had no record of this and had just arranged a phone line. But they had sent me a router - figure that one out. So another 5 working days later and my line finally becomes active but not without yet another interminable hour of hold tone before I could get technical help.   And what is that hideously distorted  hold tone all about? The cynic in me says that it might be designed to make you give up and shorten the queue.

I can fully understand how Plusnet were once awarded for great customer service but they really don't deserve it now. You can blame it all on BT/Openreach if you like but a) you contract them b) BT are now big shareholders in Plusnet aren't they?

I have spent two months trying to run a business in new premises without broadband and now I find that there really isn't a decent complaints path either. I am VERY disappointed and will part company with Plusnet at the earliest opportunity.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Unfortunately due to the amount of work needed to install your phone line, it wouldn't have been possible to place your broadband order along side your phone order to complete on the same day.

Ideally we shouldn't have sent your router until your broadband order was placed, but it looks like we did it early for you, which to be honest would have no impact at all upon the provision of your services as it's just a hardware order.

I do apologise for the delay this caused, the issues with completing the work and the missed appointment. Regarding the potential engineer charge for a call-out, it's worth noting that we'd only pass on £65 of the charge we receive.

With regards to our suppliers Openreach, due to regulation they operate independently from BT Group. This is to keep the playing field level for all ISPs who choose to use their services.

If you're using your service to run a business, I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to create a business account accordingly as the response time for phone faults is better, and for broadband faults you have the option to pay for Enhanced Care which means that they're prioritised over residential broadband faults.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bank-man

Thank you for your reply. You are obviously very well trained in the art of corporate waffle! There is no real substance to your explanations. Not a hint of an apology for taking two months to connect me and as for Openreach operating inedependently ...BS!  They are quite clearly BT and as such have a strangle-hold on our telephone system. And now they own you too!

When I eventually get through to Plusnet (tyoically 45 minutes of that hideous din) your staff are always courteous and helpful but your company is falling apart! BT has always provided dreadful customer service and it would appear that since you merged with them, your service has plummeted to their level. I think it says it all that Plusnet don't have a direct way of being contacted by Email in the event of a complaint. You used to be SO good to deal with! You were a breath of fresh air in a world of call queuing and overseas help lines, but it's all gone.

I wanted to transfer my mobile to you as well but there just has to be someone out there doing it better. I will urge everyone I can tell to give Pliusnet a wide berth.  I am very disappointed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

Not a hint of an apology for taking two months to connect me 

I'm fairly sure I've apologised twice for the delay you encountered. Again I do sincerely apologise it took so long, but I'm afraid that we don't have anymore influence over our suppliers than other ISPs who choose to use their services.

While we don't have an email address for broadband/home phone support queries, we're contactable over live chat, Facebook, Twitter and via these Community Forums as well as over the phone.

Though it's worth noting that the same people myself included, who respond over here also monitor the social media platforms, so it's likely you'd get a similar response if you post via Facebook/Twitter.

If you can advise what you're seeking for a resolution we'd be happy to see if this is achievable.

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer to take this privately.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daswan86

Hello,

I have to first start by saying that throughout my life I have never received such a poor quality customer service. Plus net will do you proud! I do not think so....

I am fully aware issues can arise as a new customer, and i have been patient and fully believe that as a company you have not adhered to strict procedures and guidelines throughout my short time with you. I will explain my issues in detail.

On the 23rd February 2019 I set up Plusnet to switch over as my properties new internet provider. I was given the start date of the 6th of March and quite rightly I was asked to stay make sure i was home to allow my service to go live and set up my router. When it got to around 5pm on the 6th of March, i then called the updates team and was told that there had been an error, and i would have a new start date. Please bear in mind, that i had to call you after waiting in all day, losing a days holiday at work. For nothing. I was then told that my new start date would be the 11th of March, so again I stayed in to set up the router - and check for any issues. AGAIN no information was relayed to me but another issue was raised by open reach and AGAIN it took a call to you to check in on why i hadn't gone live. Cutting a very long convoluted amount of calls and dates offered again and again, i am still without supply, still without a start date and still without any aid or help understanding the issue. I have called over 12 times each for a call well over 20 mins sometimes even over 50 mins in length. I keep being told that i will be called back and updated in 24-48 hours but this almost never seems to happen. 

My complaint i believe has not been dealt with accordingly and i cannot believe the conversation and rudeness i have just incurred from one of your customer service agents. That constantly spoke over me and wouldn't put me through to a manager. How can a complaint be escalated or even helped if this is the way a new customer is treated.

I am astounded at the sheer time it has taken to set me up, but most if all i feel let down, and deflated in the overall experience, my personal time has been wasted and i genuinely feel angry and upset at the little amount of information i have been told. The switching service should not take so long, the line was live and working on the day i placed the order. And i have now been without the internet for nearly a month. 

No one seems to be able to offer a solution, i just keep being told i have to wait for an update every 24-48 hours. Why on earth as a new customer should i be going through this in 2019 just to be set up with Broadband.

I will now be sending my report and complaint to Ofcom - the GPL switching service should guarantee a switch within 14 days, this has most certainly not been adhered to. My complaint has not really been looked at, dealt with or helped along by anyone other than a customer service rep, that cant get any information from OPENREACH.

I am completely at the end of my tether, I wish my 3rd complaint to be taken in the highest of manners. PLEASE SOMEONE JUST HELP ME!

Deflated
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @daswan86,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your house move order and for the inconvenience that this has caused you. It's disappointing to hear that, alongside the delays to your order, you have also received poor customer service from some of our advisors. This is definitely something that we'll be looking into further internally.

I can see that you have sent an email to our CEO and that he has asked for a member of our higher level escalations team to take ownership of this for you. They'll be in touch soon, once they've had chance to fully investigate this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
daswan86

Thanks for your reply,

This is the first true account of complaint escalation i have received. Its a shame Its taken to emailing the CEO to be taken seriously. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

I'm very sorry that it's had to take to this point for your complaint to be handled appropriately and for a case handler to be assigned. I'll pass on feedback about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
thebarons
Hooked

Spent half the afternoon looking how I can get a complaint through to senior management. No email address one response above said. Another says there is but no direct route. Tried online chat. Not working. I phoned up and was told the only address is postroom@plus.net. I have sent my complaint there but I suspect that it gets just dumped into spam. 

I have noted the various comments about customer service. In the many years I've been with Plusnet I've never had occasoin to complain about it. But now, not only has whoever is responsible in the Admin Dept. created a shambles but attempts to correct it have been pathetic. I have spoken to a customer service manager. I got platitudes and assurance that it would be dealt with within 76 hrs. Mention compensation? Treated with derision.  Now feel it's time to contact someone even further up the food chain. How to do it? Apparently they live in a secure compound, inaccesible to mere customers.

I have been without email access since 28th NOVEMBER and there appears to be no way to escalate my compaint.
After complete satisfaction for all those years, I am at the stage of looking for the exit.

JHHB

I have pretty much the same problem.  I left PlusNet in October and opted to continue the email-only service that PlusNet offers. This was all set up in October and then, with no warning, it was cut off just before Christmas. Since then neither I nor my wife have been able to log in to our email accounts. 

I have been able to contact customer service people several times and they all say the same things - basically, they can't do anything but will pass it on to the email team - sometimes it's even been "escalated" to various other departments. And no they can't see why the previous messages have not been actioned.  Oh, and no I can't speak to anyone directly.  They are all very nice and sympathetic and very sorry that they can't do anything more.  Oh and it's the holiday period so they're all very busy but no they don't work weekends.

A separate issue is that they still haven't refunded me the £29.82 credit on my account (same sort of history with the call centre but no action)

So a massive shambles all round, no action, no contact numbers, can't see any tickets because the account is closed and no emails.

Actually, I would not surprise me if somebody has told me what is going on by sending an email to the account that they won't let me log in to!  Catch 22?