cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

santosbecks

Complaint

Plusnet customer support has always been great once I've got through to them but really disappointed today and don't ahve another 45 mins to spend on hold in order to place a complaint! Admins can you help?

Last Thursday (1st Nov) my Broadband went down. Did all in house tests and found no dial tone at master socket. The next day spent over 45 minutes on hold trying to get through as chat was down. Was told an engineer would come and check for faults outside the property on Tuesday 6th. Wed 7th still no dial tone and unable to get through before phone lines closed. Still no internet chat. Today I spend another 35 mins on hold (whilst at work) to be told that the engineer has been out on Tuesday and thought a fault had been fixed. 
Still no dial tone - if the fault was 'fixed' why was a remote not test done? And why no communication on Wed to advise me of this?  As it stands the earliest an engineer is now available to take another look is Monday. 

I live in a rural location, have minimal mobile signal/3G which on the rare occasion I can access it at home is costing me a fortune. I have no landline, no internet and it will have been this way for almost 2 weeks by the time it is fixed. I work in a hospital and have to be contactable at home and have access to the internet for staff contact in emergencies. I may well have to arrange alternative accommodation for the next couple of nights in order to make this possible. I won't be paying for the time I've been without internet but surely some form of compensation here is the least that could be done? So frustrated by the delay, lack of urgency and lack of communication!!

2 REPLIES 2
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Complaint

Hi @santosbecks,

Thank you for your post.

I can only apologise for the poor service you've experienced when trying to call in to our office for support.

Unfortunately, when we book an engineer appointment we are told which appointments are available and have to book in based on that availability, which is why you're seeing a delay in the engineers attendance.

We don't offer compensation as company policy, however, as soon as the issue is resolved we're more than happy to look at issuing a gesture of goodwill in relation to your issues, as well as of course ensuring you don't pay for time without service.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any help with anything else at all in the meantime.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Complaint

@OskarPapa wrote:

We don't offer compensation as company policy, however, as soon as the issue is resolved we're more than happy to look at issuing a gesture of goodwill in relation to your issues, as well as of course ensuring you don't pay for time without service.

This is about to change from Spring 2019 with the new Industry response to OFCOM requirements for automatic compensation Plusnet have indicated that they will be part of this agreement, but not among the 'early adopters'.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.