Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to PlusNet at last!

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Coming back to PlusNet at last!

I've been informed by our Billing team that when the instructions are submitted there are two pre-fixes: PNET and PLUS. There's no difference if it's one or the other. It's just a way for us to be able to differentiate.
syates
Grafter

That was an intersting read.  Only came here to see if something was going on since it is over 2 weeks since my support ticket last had a Plusnet representative make any note on it and find this.
I take my hat off to you HPSauce, obviously the only way to get Plusnet to pay you any attention it to completely ignore the "formal" ticketting procedure and to have every little detail out in the open on the community forums.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: syates
obviously the only way to get Plusnet to pay you any attention it to completely ignore the "formal" ticketting procedure and to have every little detail out in the open on the community forums.
Not exactly, I have been raising tickets as normal and they are being dealt with.
I can't judge what effects my documenting things here is having on that process.
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: HPsauce
Interestingly the DD reference has subtly altered; the numeric section is the same, but the prefix has changed from PNET to PLUS.
Slight correction, the suffix has also changed, from -1 to -2. Missed that at first.  Embarrassed
syates
Grafter

Not exactly, I have been raising tickets as normal and they are being dealt with.
I can't judge what effects my documenting things here is having on that process.

Reading through the thread, as I have said it is quite obvious what effect your documenting things here has on that process.  The number of comments from Plusnet Staff where they are tweaking this and helping along that (admitted sometimes to the detriment of the whole thing) that you don't get through the ticketing process alone is astounding.
HPsauce
Pro

I'll keep an eye on my PN account as that now says DD "awaiting submission".
Now changed to "Instruction Submitted", which is the first time I've seen that, hopefully a good sign.  Lips_are_sealed
Given that such banking processes don't usually progress over a weekend and typically only run daily I wouldn't expect a response back at PN until at least Tuesday.
Setting up DD's is worse than watching paint dry.  Cry
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Setting up DD's is worse than watching paint dry.  Cry

They're supposed to make it easier..  Tongue
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Since when has watching paint dry been hard work?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro

I didn't say it was.  Huh More boring, slow and tedious was "implied" but not explicitly stated.
Still nothing has reached my bank, though I can actually see the old "activated then cancelled by PN" DD in the "historic" section online, so they can get there and be recognised OK.  Lips_are_sealed
I wonder if they only send requests in once or twice a week, then collect the responses on the next cycle; no wonder it's slow and causes problems.  Lips_are_sealed
Member Centre says:
Your Direct Debit is now being set up with your bank/building society. This can take up to 5 working days.
Payment type: Direct Debit   Status: Instruction Submitted

Submitted, but hasn't been delivered yet, I wonder what delivery service is used.  Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Submitted, but hasn't been delivered yet, I wonder what delivery service is used.  Wink

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro

Still not arrived, so presumably not First Class.  Lips_are_sealed
HPsauce
Pro

No sign of arrival at my bank today, must have used these stamps  Roll_eyes :
HPsauce
Pro

Progress at last!  Shocked
The DD has reached my bank and has been set up with a start date of today.
Of course at the PN end it's still showing as not set up, maybe next week if they get round to processing the confirmation?
This is as a result of a DD instruction set up DURING BANKING HOURS last Friday, so one day short of a week and still not complete.  Crazy
If it's always this slow no wonder there are issues with DD's, it's a miracle they get set up in time for billing if each stage takes nearly a week.  Cry
I just hope this one doesn't get cancelled like the last one.  Lips_are_sealed
HPsauce
Pro

Well one week (5 working days, no holidays) has passed and it's still not completed:   Cry
Your Direct Debit is now being set up with your bank/building society. This can take up to 5 working days.
Payment type: Direct Debit Status: Instruction Submitted

I checked my bank again and the instruction is still there today, not been cancelled!  Shocked
However, although it's set up PN presumably won't use it until they receive and process the confirmation.  Undecided
HPsauce
Pro

Another day, no change, no progress.  Sad