Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat queue - shocking

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Chat queue - shocking

Is there something wrong at PN that means higher call and chat times than normal, or is it a case of still not enough staff ?Huh

From chat (Info at 12:09, Aug 22)

All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 36. Thank you for your patience.

The above queue on chat is shocking 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

60 REPLIES 60
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Chat queue - shocking

this is what happens when you turn off online tickets and force people to sit in a queue for phone or cat to ask questions that could have easily waited on a ticket.
westbournelegal

yes I gave up after 8 minutes when it stated the length of the queue!!

I'm having issues with BB Broadband but also having difficulty getting onto the site to see if there are general issues?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ITWorks - I'm not aware of any widespread issues, but it does seem busier that it has been overall recently.

@westbournelegal - Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your connection. I'm not aware of any widespread issues.

I'd recommend going through our troubleshooting guide here.

However if you're still experiencing problems following this, it would be best to raise a fault here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

An agent joined the chat at 12:51, Aug 22:

So 43 min wait to begin a chat with an agent , not goods at all. if PN was really busy or something went wrong , seems support via phone and chat would come to a standstill , at the moment 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I dont think ITWorks is asking if any network problems ,, He is asking has PN got staff Shortages ?? hence the long wait times ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@rongtw i asked if there was any problems , as that could be a factor in longer wait times (more people calling than usual ) , @HarryB has confirmed there is not , so that just leaves staffing.  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@rongtw wrote:
@HarryB I dont think ITWorks is asking if any network problems ,, He is asking has PN got staff Shortages ?? hence the long wait times ?

@ITWorks wrote:

Is there something wrong at PN that means higher call and chat times than normal, or is it a case of still not enough staff ?Huh

It seems busier than it was last week, but as far as I'm aware we have the same amount of staff on. We're still hiring across CSC though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sandy3030

Can you call this a "service" I waited over 11/2 Hrs today to chat. Don't really think they care this seems to be the norm but cannot call it a service this is unaceptable!

sandy3030

Wait times are more than excessive and not reasonable , this is not a "service" at all I actually  think they hope you will not wait for an agent!

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I have used this service a few times and found it more than satisfactory - and I'm not easily pleased!

Seriously though the couple of times there has been a wait I have just logged off a tried again later. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Possibly the high wait times are due to this https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/td-p/1354749

Somewhere PN has a problem for the last 3 weeks , hence why people try to contact them Sad

bucksboy
Dabbler

I don't really have a reply as such but just want to add my view and just don't see any way to do that on the very over complicated page and Forum in general.

Thing is the CHAT is hopeless tried today 3 times 40/23/28 befor me. I just had a simple billing question the old but good 'Ticket' system worked send it off some time latter  a reply simples.

Staff seem ok once you get to them but the top management are making them use a useless way of talking toe customers. Plusnet we the pesky customers pay for a service ( and the wages) so if you want to keep us  sort it out fast

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bucksboy

Try using twitter or Facebook to contact Plusnet. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

SpendLessTime BUT not everyone wants a Bookface / Twit     Roll_eyes   account