Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £2 for a change I did myself.

techguy
Grafter

Charged £2 for a change I did myself.

Hi
Checked my bill account today and noticed that my DD from Plus was higher than expected (am on the fixed usage then 128k till the next bill thing)
I reduced my included bandwidth in prepation for Christmas as I don't intend powering up the PC after I finish work in December till I go back to work and so there is little point in me paying for bandwidth I wont use.
However I did it on the 19th so 5 GB kicked in for November, no problem.
What I do have a problem with is that I've been charged £2 for an 'upgrade' charge when the process is automated i.e. I did it from my control panel.
I raised a ticket and support reckon they cant see it (not sure what invoice they are looking at) and they just mention the additional usage which is fine.
Can someone advise why a charge is payable?
15 REPLIES 15
James
Grafter

Re: Charged £2 for a change I did myself.

Hi Mitch,
I'm pretty sure that that charge is for your next months usage.  So you've paid your subscription plus your usage, plus the usage for the next month as it's an advance billing.
Have a check on your billing next month to see if that works out okay.  It gets a bit confusing when you start adding and removing usage from month to month.
techguy
Grafter

James
Its very clearly labelled as an upgrade charge as opposed to bandwidth or anything else.
I'd be greatful if you'd have a look when you can, I did add some bandwidth last month to take me up to 5GB but as I say am planning a PC free Christmas so cutting back on my bandiwdth for the December billing period.
Thanks
Mitch
James
Grafter

Mitch,
I did look and as you'll see I replied to your ticket as well.
Sometimes the explanation on the invoice isn't fantastic.  But it looks to be for your 2GB usage next month.
Heloman
Grafter

I'm wondering if the Accounts Dept are having a premature Christmas hangover.
I belatedly noticed that I was being charged £11.74 for a basic BBYW Option 1 (£9.99) account. Raised a ticket and it has now been reduced to £10.99, because I have a .co.uk domain which accounts for the extra £1.
But the .co.uk domain was provided free after the mail database (or whatever it was) was compromised.
My ticket is still on-going, so I'm not asking any PN staff here to look into it further yet.
But I'm fascinated by how the very strange original figure of £11.74 was arrived at.......!
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

£9.99 plus VAT ????
James
Grafter

Hi,
It looks like you were incorrectly charged 75p for an extra GB of prepaid usage, instead of £1.
That in addition to the £1 domain, resulted in a bill of £11.74.
techguy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Mitch,
I did look and as you'll see I replied to your ticket as well.
Sometimes the explanation on the invoice isn't fantastic.  But it looks to be for your 2GB usage next month.

So if you've billed me for next month's usage now, the price for next month should be lower right?
James
Grafter

Yes.
techguy
Grafter

Cheers for clearing that up.
Once I start my course I'll probably be ramping up the bandwidth again once I've assessed how much I'm using.
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi,
It looks like you were incorrectly charged 75p for an extra GB of prepaid usage, instead of £1.
That in addition to the £1 domain, resulted in a bill of £11.74.

Thanks for the reply James.
I now have no extra pre-paid usage, which has been sorted out.
But Accounts have clearly forgotten that some of us have free .uk domains as a result of the May 2007 mail database compromise.
http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/free_domain_faq.shtml
I am still progressing this via my ticket.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Hi all,
I've had cause to remove some posts from this thread as they were heading down a slippery slope and were not relevant to the OP.
Individuals will be notified by PM.
techguy
Grafter

You needn't have worried, indeed, this heavy handed approach adopted by the moderation team is the reason any future posts from me will only be related to my service from plusnet.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I'm sorry ? heavy handed ? what part was heavy handed Mitch?
I removed potentially inflammatory remarks which were aimed at you, which was posted by normal forum members.
If you would like me to put the remarks aimed at you put back in, then I will be happy to do so, with no recourse to the moderation team or those who posted said remarks.

Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
You needn't have worried, indeed, this heavy handed approach adopted by the moderation team is the reason any future posts from me will only be related to my service from plusnet.

Sorry, techguy, but I have to agree with the moderators on this. And you will have seen from other topics that I don't always agree with the mods.
But I don't think CB has been heavy handed. Surely this is not a chat room but for things related, as you intend to post in the future, to service from Plusnet.!