cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captcha on Webmail

Eebuygum
Grafter

Captcha on Webmail

Anybody got any idea what is going on with webmail ?  Suddenly tonight, apart from the nornal login and password box, there is also a Captcha box to fill in.  Entering the required information still does not allow me to login.  It was not there earlier this evening; no mention of it anywhere that I can find. Heeeeelp
Mike
PS I can't wait for 30mins for anyone to answer the phone.
4 REPLIES 4
Eebuygum
Grafter

Re: Captcha on Webmail

Interesting.......22:02 and it is now back to the normal logon procedure.  What on earth is going on ?
Mike
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Eebuygum,
Did you manage to log in to your webmail in the end? Normally the reason a Captcha box appears is due to your IP address being somewhere outside of the UK.
Eebuygum
Grafter

"Did you manage to log in to your webmail in the end? Normally the reason a Captcha box appears is due to your IP address being somewhere outside of the UK."

Yes, but only when it went back to the normal login,
I was trying to login from my normal UK home address, but it simply would not have it.  My wife (on a different computer) was having exactly the same problem.
So, how do we explain that one away?Huh
Regards,
Mike
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you have a dynamic IP address it usually changes each time you reboot your router, could be the IP address you got triggered the Captcha by mistake.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November