cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business ADSL2+

phil4
Grafter

Business ADSL2+

Did I read the announcement right?  That Plusnet will from tomorrow offer business customers ADSL2+?  Really, this is the first time?  After all these years?
I'm really staggered that it's taken so long.  I'd guess the demand wasn't there, that's the only think I can think of.
In a way, it's a shame, over the past year I've been recommending ISPs and signups to plenty of businesses, and in hindsight I'm glad I didn't refer anyone from Plusnet,  no offence but each of these was an ADSL2+ install, and required.
Not trying to be nasty, just surprised.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Business ADSL2+

their excuse was that they wanted a secure connection and ADSL2+ might be liable to drops
Gisyourfriend
Dabbler

Hi Phil4,
Yes, you did read it right - we have just launched ADSL2+ on Business today.
Completely understand the frustration/sentiment, but the launch of ADSL2+ on Residential, and the trials we ran on Business, showed a distinct increase in fault rates. Plusnet Business prides itself on its Business Support team, and our view was simply that we could not justify the projected slip in call wait / ticket answer times to run out with ADSL2+ as it could have caused more unstable connections, more calls in and therefore problems supporting the whole customer base. Over the last 12-18 months we've been monitoring the situation and, having seen the network mature and a number of key improvements in supplier processes, we now have full confidence in the platform, and so we carefully planned and launched the product.
Sorry Pierre, I know I'm just wheeling out the excuse there  Wink but we cannot overstate the importance of reliable connectivity. I hope that kind of customer focus might persuade you to recommend us in future  Tongue
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Perhaps my terminology was wrong, I knew that was the reason and not just a lame excuse Smiley Smiley
phil4
Grafter

Thanks Gordon, that does make some sense.  Indeed now you offer similar to say Be, or Nildr.... sorry TalkTalk, I think you'll certainly be on my recommended list.
Just for your info, reasons I've suggested Be in the past:
1) Reasonable price.
2) ADSL2+ with Annex M offered.
3) Routers supplied can be put in bridging mode, allowing a router such as Draytek 2820/2830 to be used, and a backup line then plumbed in.
Nope, not expecting you really to pay much attention to the above, but as I say, I'm not representing one businesses view, but a whole handful, and genuinely offer the above in a helpful manner, not a demanding or expectant way.
Thanks for explaing.
Gisyourfriend
Dabbler

Pierre,
I figured that was the case  Grin
phil4,
Really happy to get constructive feedback like that - we're always keen to hear what's good and bad, and particularly what prevents people from recommending Plusnet as their supplier of choice. The hardware situation is definitely one we are keen to look at, though we cannot put any timescales on that at this point (one project at a time!)