cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband offer

PeterT1
Hooked

Broadband offer

Anyone else furious at the new 17.99 offer currently being advertised. I know it’s all marketing but it’s a real kick in the teeth for all of us stuck in 18 month contracts paying at least £5 more. I hate it when loyalty is not rewarded and I doubt I’ll be renewing with Plusnet.
15 REPLIES 15
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Broadband offer

I'm paying £9pm more, but am happy with that. If you are happy with the price when you agree to sign up, what is the problem? If Currys put the TV you bought last week on sale for £100 less, what's the difference? Yes, it would be nice to have the foresight of knowing a price drop was in the offing, but that's life unfortunately.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

It's equally annoying when you buy something on line or in a shop and the next week you find it on sale at the same place for 25% less.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

PeterT1
Hooked

Both very valid points and that’s the current market place. Must admit I’m surprised by the price as there hasn’t been anything like this for a while. I think it does discourage loyalty and just means we all need to shop around aggressively before renewing.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Look at some of the AV offers. £10 for up to 10 devices year one, year two rises to £100 unless you've remembered to cancel the DD you set up. Not an actual example but close.....

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep that's why I don't like contracts, especially the year and a half ones. I would say you don't have a leg to stand on as you've agreed to pay PlusNet x paaand for a year and a half.

Like Sky, which I cancelled beginning of this year. I don't understand why when you want more channels, they can activate it in 10 minutes, but to cancel it takes 30 days notice. Funny how companies respond a lot faster when you make a decision in their favour isn't it? 

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Except you are discriminated against if you are a current customer and come to renew once your current contract expires.

These offers ( unless it’s changed) are for new customer only....who is going to renew at a similar price currently paid whilst others are getting the same service at lower cost.

Who would not want to leave under those circumstances unless you had plenty of money or could not be bothered with the hassle if things go wrong....which they can as seen by some new customers who claim they have problems with the service provided and at time rely on posts by existing customers to help them sort out problems.

My biggest fear is the problems in the billing department that do not seem to have been addressed for years, so like others PN is forcing me me find another isp once my contract finishes....shame after the number of years I have been here..

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

The big mistake people make is to assume that a renewal offer is the best deal that you can get. Would you do this when buying a car?

You have to look up competitive deals, ring customer services, threaten to leave and haggle. Yes it's a nuisance and you shouldn't need to do it but it is less hassle then moving ISP.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

PlusNet must pay thousands if not millions of pounds on advertising to get new consumers

It would be better to keep existing consumers

A friend of mine has gone to  Origin Broadband they don't do special introductory offers then increase the price at the end of the period of advertise by eye watering amounts

I had never heard of them because they don't advertise has anyone had dealing with them

https://www.originbroadband.com/get-in-touch

Looks a very good site

HD

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep @Anonymous 

I would have thought it will be thousands, possibly not millions though it may be. Won't exactly be 10p, put it that way.

I remeber at my old company where they wanted a new logo, showed up about 15 designs and asked for our feedback. I could have done that. A very nice lady who I sat near to designed a new company logo herself at my newer company.

I am rubbish at art, the irony is at Uni I scored best at computer imaging. Quite impressive what you can do to photos with 9x9 pixel block.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about and asking Mr Goggle  I'm thinking towards Millions because you have the actual advert film to make plus the air time

Daytime slots on ITV are around £3,500 to £4,500 and peak time slots can cost from £10,000 to £33,000.

HD

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

On the site just quoted the review for Plusnet on 10 Feb this year includes:

"with decent speeds and a stellar customer service record." 🤔

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

"with decent speeds and a stellar customer service record"

That is exactly what I get and have always had for the 10 years that I have been with Plusnet. Don't forget that the vast majority of users never complain, because they get the same.

Dave