cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer review - mixed bag, overall excellent

FIXED
buzlby

New customer review - mixed bag, overall excellent

So I recently joined Plusnet from Bleedin terrible (BT), here's my experience.

Good

Customer service - absolutely excellent. Before joining I rang several times, questions always answered with patience (useful at my age!), and with warmth.

Most impressive for me is that Plus net is proud of its employees, so they give their FULL name.

Bonus is that calls are always confirmed in e-mail (unlike BT). They also speak a clear English (unlike the mumbled and heavily overseas accented BT operators)

Price - about half of that of BT

Speed - advised I would get 6 - 7 mb (same as BT, perfectly fine). However it has yet to drop below 9.5 mb, even at peak times

Bad

No internet for first week, but kept up to date by phone calls. Plus net then gave me a £10 refund for the inconvenience - appreciated !

Cashback cheque took about 40 days to arrive (was advised would be 30)

I have read some dreadful reviews of ALL the broadband providers, but had reached the end of my patience with BT. What sold me on Plus net was the customer service. Hopefully will continue

6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: New customer review - mixed bag, overall excellent

Hi @buzlby  welcome Glad you had a good experience Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Buzlby, thanks for the honest review, I appreciate that not everything went smoothly for you but it has all been resolved, Whilst hiccups happen occasionally I think you've had yours and hope it's smooth sailing from here on in.

buzlby

So here we are, 3 months down the line.

I'm still as happy with the service, had a small issue though.

Initially my TV would not let me get the BBC i-player (had been fine with BT), read of others with this problem. After a couple of attempts I decided just to leave the TV on its own trying to connect for about 20 minutes (was cooking tea !). Well this resolved the problem, i-player now comes through easily and quickly.

There has been a price rise in the meantime (£1 a month), but I am still saving a fortune compared to BT.

I would again suggest that while some others have problems with Plusnet (as with EVERY ISP), my experience has been a happy one. Still impressed with customer service,

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to come back and update. Great to hear everything's still going well for you. Please do let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
buzlby

The first major problem !

I suppose it had to happen. After18 months good service, on 1/10/18 I changed to another 18 month contract, agreed with Plusnet in a professional phone call for £21.98 a month

BUT

Received a bill today for £29.98. Rang and spoke to P/N (Conrad) who said that since August ( ! ) there has been a "system issue " meaning new contracts could not be applied, so charged at higher rate. Since August !!!! - come on guys.

Helpfully he did apply a credit to my account for the next month, so overall I would pay the agreed £21.98.

Service is still good, shame about this.Overall I would still recommend (you could do something about the 15 minute wait to speak to an adviser, and that awful music !)

buzlby

Update on my experience.....

Somewhere along the line, i changed to a £19.99 contract for 18 months (down from £21.99) which i am more than happy with.

But

Today i got a bill for only £16.29. Apparently in July i got a £3.70 goodwill gesture discount ! - happy days !

Got to say that am still getting great reliable service, which always makes me smile compared to my neighbours who are on Vodacrap - even more annoying for them is that we can see Vodacraps world HQ from our front door steps (its about .5 mile away). If they cant even get a signal further than i could walk in 5 minutes then.........

And if Plusnet want to give me another goodwill gesture, I reluctantly accept......!