cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Deals for New Customers?

Helen7

Better Deals for New Customers?

As a Plusnet customer for many years, I had hoped that you would be able to offer existing customers the same deals as new customers? Alas not it seems.  It reminds me of the Nationwide TV ad from several years ago. 

My equipment is still functioning perfectly so you wouldn't have that expense.  I'm very disappointed.

14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Better Deals for New Customers?

It's always worth giving COTs another call on a different day. There is some emperical evidence that deals are not fixed!!!

Ultimately it's stupid to let an existing customer go through seeking to charge a price higher than that available to a new customer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would have thought they'd be a retention team who may be able to help, if you PM them with more detail on what you're looking for.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

they are only available by phoning in to Customer Options 0800 013 2632 and select "I am thinking of leaving"

Paulutciad

You thin Plusnet are bad. BT ( who I understand now own Plusnet ) are worst.

I reached the end of my contract and was being offered Infinity 2 with Anytime calls for a total cost of £59 per month.

Given that we are far enough from the cabinet that we can only get around 12 Mb/s ( BT say 17 Mb/s min... ) the Inifinity 2 is a waste of money.

BT retentions team offered a slight discount to a total of something like £50 for Infinity 1 with anythime calls.

Plusnet is MUCH cheaper.

I then transferred to Plusnet and received a letter from BT. Now they were interested.

What did it for me was they matched Plusnet's price ( almost ) but pointed out that of I stay with Plusnet it will cost me £5 per month to keep my BT email.  ( i.e. Using that as a bargaining chip ).

Then claiming I hadnt bothered to call back to haggle further.   I pointed out it was down to them to keep customers not the other way around.

Decided I would give Plusnet the chance as they had been superbly efficient ( which isnt hard compared to BT ).

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Paulutciad wrote:

Decided I would give Plusnet the chance as they had been superbly efficient ( which isnt hard compared to BT ).

now that's something you hardly ever hear!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there, first of all welcome to the community forums.

I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our customer options team to further discuss renewing your contract. If you're happy with that, mind PMing me the best contact number to get you on?

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RRM
Rising Star

Same problem.., deal offered more expensive than that for new customers and several other providers !

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ask again on a different day. Have comparable offers available to attempt to bargain for a price match.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RRM
Rising Star

Thanks,

They've been calling me but I hadn't looked in to the deals available when they called. The deal I was offered would have cost more than that for new customers.

Spoke to Omar from retentions thereafter and they have now managed to get me a better deal, so will now be a loyal customer for at least 6 years Smiley Hope my service continues to be reliable and stable.

Thanks guys.

R

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your PM, apologies for the delay.

I've sent your account details over to our sales and retentions team to call you back.

I'd expect that to happen within 24-48 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NC65

Just come off the phone as my contract is coming to an end. I can't believe yet again that new customers get a better deal than existing customers. Just been told sorry but that's only if your a new customer. Just had a look and I get get a cheaper deal with another provider so sorry Plusnet I'm off.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Companies do this.

As for one of my .co.uk domains I was being charged something like £36 for another 2 years. Yet on their website it said £7.99. I rang up and moaned at why I am being charged a lot more than if I had a new domain.

Response was "We charge the price at the time you registered the domain". That was 1999, so I asked "Well can you charge me the current prices then?". They did in the end but took a bit of effort.

Strange how companies in general will pass on price increases without you having to do anything and it doesn't work the other way around Roll_eyes

I wonder how many people didn't notice and carried on paying the old prices.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I would try ringing again. COTS agents making mistakes is not something unheard of.

Apprentice
Grafter

I wonder if they have gone back to matching prices from other ISPs as in 2015, however there was none of it from the COT this time last year?