cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bah Humbug

dcranham

Bah Humbug

Merry Christmas (not), I have never been treated so badly in all the time that I have been with PlusNet . Due to a large bill in October (which wasn't all mine, someone hacked into my account) we agreed to pay the bill in 2 halves, they then generated a bill for November but sent it by email which we didn't get cos they had restricted our services (der) , now I am being restricted again all over Christmas which cuts me off from all my family and none of them live close.  My mum is 77 and recently had a spell of bad health and I suffer with a Heart problem. Thank you PlusNet (not) I will be leaving you very soon . Why is it that nobody wants to listen or help, we have always paid our bill when due but they say that it is failed billing because the bill is generated on the 22 of the month and we agreed with them that we could pay on the last Friday of the month but it is like talking to a machine (heartless) you get told they can do one thing then when you try you get told no, I am a very upset  Cry customer. Thank you PlusNet for nothing , I can't call my Mum to wish her a Merry Christmas  Cry

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Bah Humbug

Hi there and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're going through.
We're always happy to listen to our customers. However as you may understand there are limits to what we're able to do in order to help.
Offering a flexible invoice date such as one for the last Friday of every month isn't something we'd be able to offer to be honest
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: dcranham
Due to a large bill in October (which wasn't all mine, someone hacked into my account) we agreed to pay the bill in 2 halves, they then generated a bill for November ...

Dcranham,
A warm welcome to the forums - do put another lump of coal on the fire...
Do you mean that you had a discussion with PlusNet and made an arrangement to defer part of the due charges and PlusNet accepted that offer?  In which case, there should be a support ticket and a recorded phone call confirming this to be the case.
Adam,
If the above is true, then surely what is required here is the enactment of the agreement made with PlusNet?  Can someone check the ticket history and phone calls?  I agree that last x-day of the month is not something that many merchants could even begin to consider, but if a special arrangement to pay the October bill in two parts has been entered into, then it should be honoured.  From the OP's posting it sounds as though the standard automated processes have trodden all over the good intentions... as special arrangements always buggar-up automated systems!  Shocked
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

warbleeder
Grafter

Quote from: dcranham
Merry Christmas (not), I have never been treated so badly in all the time that I have been with PlusNet . Due to a large bill in October (which wasn't all mine, someone hacked into my account) we agreed to pay the bill in 2 halves, they then generated a bill for November but sent it by email which we didn't get cos they had restricted our services (der) ,

Was this email just to say your bill was ready ....
or
was it a full bill with how much each item is and/or total etc?
If second one is the case that would mean someone from plusnet sent it to you manually and they would see that the account is suspended wouldnt they?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

How can "someone" hack into your account?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

davidwalker900
Grafter

one way people can hack into a account is useing the box were you line is connected in the box down the road they can only do phone calls it has been on the news about it
artmo
Aspiring Champion

If the hacking is acknowledged by PN surely the OP wouldn't be liable Undecided
warbleeder
Grafter

its prolly wifi as its not that hard to hack into them if you know what ur doing
but also if ur not on static I.P ask plusnet to check see if someone els are using ur details for the internet....
as my brother used to be with plusnet and him modem blew up so i gave him mine... however i forgot to hit reset switch so both me and him where using my internet (at different houses) at the same time
or try changing ur plusnet password and ur WIFI password
picbits
Rising Star

I suspect the original poster was on a metered package and someone else (or a rogue application) ran up extra data bills.
Pure speculation though.