Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports Nightmare

davehudds
Dabbler

BT Sports Nightmare

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?
I am in the process of changing my BT Sport providor from being direct with BT (via the sky platform) to being provided by Plusnet (via the sky platform) as it is half the price of going with BT direct.
The process has been ongoing for 12 days now, and the help and support is terrible (I want to shout and swear how bad this is).
I have been going round and round in circles, being told multiple times to ring BT (then as I said at the start, it turns out I should never have had to ring BT to resolve the issue).
the issue is with the plusnet system showing an active BT Sports subscription on my viewing card even though it has been correctly canceled by BT. I have rang and confirmed with BT that as far as they are concerend everything has been done correctly.
I have been told lots of different things and bare faced lied to time and time again by various plusnet representatives (and dont get me started on 'Gemma' The online support girl who is the worst customer services agent I have ever come across (rude, and just ignores you, and doesnt have any problem solving skills),
I have been told now that multiple customers are experiencing the same problem and that the BT SPorts team at plusnet are trying to resolve the issues directly with BT, but then a guy from plusnet sends me a message today and basically says 'I have spoken to BT, they cannot resolve your issue so please contact your previous provider' now guess who my previous supplier was (BT)!!!!!!!
So in essance, BT cant fix my problem, but BT can???? Yeah that makes a whole load of sense and is silly on so many levels.
To top it all off, he sent me a support message and immediately closed it so I couldnt even issue him a reply
I have now got a hulk hogan style bald patch with the amount of hair I have torn out over this issue.
I have been a loyal plusnet customer for years, but this whole situation is just terrible
No end in sight, I just want me BT Sport back and I want compensating for the now 7 Plus hours of phone calls not counting the hours and hours worth of support tickets.
My advice, DO NOT under any circumstances swap from BT to plusnet for BT Sports.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rule.
30 REPLIES 30
Razorback
Grafter

Re: BT SPORTS NIGHTMARE

I had a similar issue and it turned out that BT still had the subscription live in their system
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: BT Sports Nightmare

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
Just to confirm the issue will most likely be that it's active on BT's end still but I'll get someone to chase this up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davehudds
Dabbler

I need a resolution.
I need someone to say this is the problem, this is how its going to get fixed, and here is the compensation when its all over and up and running.
All I get is 'this is the issue' and then no suggestions of how to resolve it, other than 'contact BT' even when the senior staff members have told me not to contact BT as there is no way I can resolve the issue with them.
I am simply at my whits end over this.
I have been lied to time and time again by plusnet staff, and promises of calls which never materialise and messages which you cant reply to!
davehudds
Dabbler

Just had another call from bt with a senior member of their team who assure me he had checked and checked again that there is no asset on my viewing card so he is at a loss as to why plusnet can't get this service activated for me
I've requested a call back from plusnet and no one has bothered to call me again today
My advice, avoid bt sport via plusnet like the plague
mikec
Dabbler

Dave
yep, I have exactly the same problem.  I've been waiting for the activation of my Sky viewing card ever since my BT Sport contract ended on 30th March.  BT assures me that my contract is closed but PlusNet keep telling me to contact BT to cancel my contract.  So far I've spent about 15 hours on the phone with PlusNet, BT and Sky.
I've been told this week by PlusNet that BT and PlusNet share the same order processing system for BT Sport and that my name is active there whilst cancelled in BT's billing system.  I was asked to contact BT and ask them to 'anonymise' my record.  So I did call BT and guess what - they've never heard of this, it isn't an option on their computer system.  Oh, and they said they could place an order for BT Sport immediately if I would move my broadband to them there and then.  So, clearly BT doesn't have an issue with a shared order system!
After one very exasperating call with PlusNet I asked to speak with a supervisor.  I was told I couldn't, I could only have someone call me back and it could take up to two hours.  I said that was OK.  That call never came.  Pathetic service as it the online Question process.  I've posted requesting an update on progress but there's never an answer.
I've written to the Chief Exec and Director of Customer Experience (!) and received a platitudinous reply from some customer relations underling.  Clearly the directors don't give a damn about their company's service or reputation  either.  If the directors don't care, it's not going to get fixed.
The solution?  Change to another supplier.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I might have an update for you guys on this, but in the interest of transparency I'll explain what's happening.
BT are cancelling the BT Sport account for their departing customers to allow them to move to Plusnet PLC, but the service is not being removed from the dedicated ordering platforms. This is causing our customers to lose their BT Sport channels, but stops us from providing the service for them (similar to a broadband TAG being left on a line).
This is leading to the migrating customers to being caught up in a bit of a middle ground with no service from either provider.
We have already been in talks to rectify this issue, and I was advised there would be an update in the next few working days. This was a few days ago, so I'll chase it up and update the thread. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We have been in further contact with BT and they have taken our comments on board and are investigating the issue, they believe there is a bug on their systems.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
davehudds
Dabbler

This is horrendous customer services
I have been without my service since 2 april and the other poster a couple of days before that
So it's taken more than 2 weeks for 'talks' between plusnet and bt to occur and there still isn't a resolution in sight
Everyone know the links between bt and plusnet (plusnet being owned by bt) so why couldn't this be sorted out in one day? Someone needs to take ownership of the issue and tell the people in the bt sports department that they work until the issue is resolved, it's got to the stage now where they should be saying that they have people trying to resolve the issue 24 hours a day until the matter is sorted.
There also should be a message pushed out to all customer service representative telling them to stop advising people who have this problem to contact bt themselves, as that will never resolve the issue.
Additionally a service announcement should be made so customers know about this, and also customers who apply to swap the service to plusnet should be warned that this issue is ongoing and a loss of service is likely.
What has happened to plusnet customer service? Going back a couple of years ago things were really good and couldn't fault it, now it's as if people simply don't care anymore. It's common for clients to not get call backs when promised, and not only that but have to face being lied to, and then when evidence of the lies are pointed out to plusnet they don't do a thing about it
Also re the last 'update' do you think that's acceptable? Do you think it's acceptable for bt to simple 'take the comments on board'? I've never heard anything more insulting. Plusnet should be saying to them that the issue needs to be resolved and demand a resolution date.
You can't leave us in limbo indefinately and they need to be pushed to resolve the issue. Your update is not an update at all and just serves to further antagonise us
I beg someone with an ounce of customer service skills and a back bone to take ownership of this issue with bt and get it resolved. It needs a strong person and not just someone who will accept such meak and vague answers
Get it sorted!
davehudds
Dabbler

Had a phone call from someone at plusnet who actually sounded like they were working towards a fix
Essentially the problem is in the hands of bt and bt have agreed to switch the channels back on until the issue is resolved. I won't know until later though if this has actually worked
Maybe just maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel
mikec
Dabbler

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.  As the saying goes "seeing is believing".
Overall neither company has covered itself in glory.  Basic IT acceptance and user testing should have discovered this fault.  Certainly when customer issues started to flood in it should have been discovered and resolved ages ago.
Frankly I have no belief I will be able to watch BT Sport this weekend.  I'll just have to wait and see, I'm certainly not prepared to waste time speaking with PlusNet, they are a bunch of wasters.
What a shambles - it must be ripe to be studied by university and management courses as a classic case of how to p**s off your customers and lose business.
Compensation?  In your dreams.  That suggests either company could care less how it has treated its customers and caused them to waste endless hours in pointless phone calls.
mikec
Dabbler

I've had an update to my question, part of which says:
"This is an issue that our BT Sport Team has raised directly with BT and we should receive further communications within the next few working days with a view to resolving this issue.
We will continue to monitor your account until the problem has been rectified and activate the services accordingly.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused but rest assured we are working with BT to address this.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 23rd April at 7:00am."

There's no mention of BT Sport switching the service back on.  Looks like another week's wait ...........
davehudds
Dabbler

Good news is that my service is back up and running, however it's only temporary as it's bt who have switched it back on until the issue has been resolved
The plusnet team looking at the issue have sorted that temporary fix for me, aparently they sent over to bt a list of customers who the problem was effecting and they have done the same for everyone on the list on a temporary basis until the issue is resolved
I would contact them again as it looks like you have been missed off the list.
I will get you the name of the guy who is looking after my complaint and post it on here so you can ask for a message to be passed to him as he is managing the issues
It's only a temporary fix but atleast I get to watch the sport whilst they pull their finger out and sort it
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

that will fall foul of the forum rule - I suggest sending it as a PM
mikec
Dabbler

Friday 17th April @ 5:12pm.  Just checked - definitely no BT Sport available on my Sky box Angry