cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer service

martinwafc
Dabbler

Appalling customer service

We have had terrible customer service from yourselves. We have been in our house for 5 weeks, someone was meant to fit phone line on 30th July, no one turned up. We were not notified. When tried to complain (via mobile phone call) we were told we had to do so online. Not possible because phone and internet not provided. Came to fit phone line again 17th August and the fitter was directed to number 39, not 29. Had to go and find him. Then when Rachel rang to tell them of the mistake and ask when free router would be arriving was told cannot access account, despite us saying it was a joint account when we joined Plusnet. Martin then called, changed house number (to correct 29) and was told router would arrive 22nd or 23rd August. Did not arrive. Rang again 27th August, was told router had been sent to incorrect address and we would have to chase number 39 up to get it back. THIS WAS YOUR MISTAKE. You had been given correct address at time of joining, and then when fitter was sent to wrong one. The people at the wrong address seem to be away (have tried them several times). Would like to know when you will be sending out new router. Also worried they will have received our billing information. Another thought is whether we needed to pay for a phone line fitted in the first place (as it did look like we already had one) as you may have checked on number 39's phone line. If this is the case we will be expecting a refund. Am complaining in work, as cannot complain over the phone, which is silly as we should have had all this set up weeks ago. We are seriously considering changing provider, as we have already waited far too long to let you sort this out. We do not expect to be billed for internet until we have a new router.
Angry
10 REPLIES 10
ashleyh1112

Re: Appalling customer service

So many people on here with the same problem. The service is a disgrace. Wish I never joined with PlusNet, If my service isn't activated on the 9th I'll be billing PlusNet for the money my husband is losing out on for work.
martinwafc
Dabbler

Wondering if we can cancel without having to pay fees as we have yet to receive terms and conditions (probably sent to wrong address), and they have not provided us with part of our package (broadband router). Questioning how they won so many awards. Will be really annoyed if they have billed us for installing a line we didn't need.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi martinwafc,
I've taken a look through your account and your details are correct. Apologies that you haven't received your router yet, I have personally dispatched one for you today and this is configured as the rest of our router are to automatically input the correct details.
Our complaint process is via our portal: http://contactus.plus.net or via letter. I can see you have managed to do this via the portal and we shall address your complaint.
I'm hoping that you will receive the router tomorrow but it will be the latest of Saturday, in the meantime do you have any old routers laying about that you could try?
The installation fee is correct as this was done on the phone number provided, I'll also make sure you're not billed for the days that you've not had a router while your service has been active.
martinwafc
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that you have sent out a new router and that we will not be billed for days without it. No, we do not have an old router as this is our first house together, and there was no point buying one as PN was supposed to be supplying one.
However, I still think your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Why has it taken a couple of hours to reply to my complaint on here, while going through the proper complaints proceedure has taken over 24 hrs for  me and weeks for other people who have posted? Also, why can you only formally complain online, this is not suitable for those who, like us, are without the internet due to PN's own failure.
Thank you for sending another router out. We will be in touch if it has not arrived by Saturday.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: martinwafc
Also, why can you only formally complain online, ...

Quote from: chrispurvey
Our complaint process is via our portal: http://contactus.plus.net or via letter.
martinwafc
Dabbler

We were told by the telephone operator that we could ONLY apply online. Also, I suspect if complaining online takes this long, a letter may take months to reply to.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
We're compliant with Ofcom's General Condition 14 on Complaint handling.  It means we have to offer 2 out of the following 3 avenues
Phone
Online/Ticket
Letter
We have elected to use ticket & letter, mainly as it allows my team to fully investigate each complaint on a case by case basis.  Having an avenue by phone directly into my team would mean partially that they wouldn't be able to focus on the complaint that they were dealing with and secondly and in the interest of fairness, we will always deal with the oldest complaint first.  Having a phone avenue simply wouldn't allow that to havppen.
We aim to respond to complaint tickets within 5 working days (a week) and letters within 10 working days (2 weeks).  All this information is available in our complaints code of practice here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml?source=keymatch
The page which allows you to raise a complaint also states (in bold red text) that we will aim to reply within 5 working days.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

ashleyh1112 -just be aware that you won't get any comp. for loss of husband's income as a domestic b/band connection does not have a service level agreement attached -in fact, many ISPs specifically forbid the use of such connections for business purposes. If it is critical then you either need to pay for a business b/band connection or have at least one back up method of getting online eg via mobile
martinwafc
Dabbler

After finally receiving router, thought our problems with PlusNet would be at an end. Just found out this afternoon that they sent us a faulty micro-filter, so when we connected the router yesterday it put our landline on a loop, meaning the phone has been engaged for almost a whole day. People have been unable to contact us. Another half hr spent on hold to PlusNet, not counting the other  1 hr 30 mins over our other problems and the whole day we had to wait in for an appointment to fit landline.
I don't want to have to complain. Just want the service we are paying for. Fed up of having to call and complain with PlusNet. Martin has been on his mobile to plusnet more this month than anyone else this month (that includes family and friends).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Really sorry to hear about the further issue with the broadband filter. I can see you did call us and that the problem has been fixed by swapping that out for another filter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team