cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a great first impression

hannahj

Not a great first impression

I went to sign up for my new house last night (a new customer to Plusnet) but couldn't see anywhere to specify what date I would be in the property so that I could minimise time without a phone/internet. So thought I would ring up to check if I could set the ball rolling.
Initially the call was fine then things started to go downhill. The previous owners were with Plusnet and apparently this required them to take some "Special Steps" to set up my new account and I wouldn't have been able to do it online in anycase. I was very dubious as I'd made it through to the payment stage the previous night.
Then things got even more suspicious, apparently the unlimited broadband package advertsied online as coming with weekend calls, now included Anytime calls and if I didn't want them (which I don't) I'd have to ring back up a month from activation to cancel this element. Call me a cynic but I imagine that there was maybe some commission/sales target involved somewhere.
Having initially been told I would be able to get the same deal as online, I got a call back later on. They forgot to mention I wouldn't get the £25 cash-back. Granted it is online only, but they took all my details set everything up then went sorry no you don't actually get the same deal despite what we originally told you.
At this point I decided you know what, I will just do it online where someone isn't trying to hit a sales target and con me into spending more than I should and I will get the cash back. Told the sales team rep. to cancel that order and what do you know managed to conplete it online no problem with the discount and cash-back. No "Special Steps" required.
I really hope, that I don't have cause to ring the sales team again as clearly they have other priorities than giving the customer the best deal.
Oh and to top it off, despite cancelling within an hour of setting it up apparently my cancellation request won't process until the 10th September. Taking bets on them billing me twice.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Not a great first impression

Hi there,
Thanks for deciding to sign up with us and I'm really sorry about what sounds like a negative experience you've had talking to our sales team.
The previous owners were with Plusnet and apparently this required them to take some "Special Steps" to set up my new account and I wouldn't have been able to do it online in anycase.

What was most likely being referred to as "special steps" would be the fact that we need to wait for the service from the previous tenants to be ceased from the line before we can provide yours. Allowing us to sign the account up would help us avoid an extra wait which could be caused by your order being rejected in the interim. As I'm obviously aware that you have a new account signed up I'll make sure we deal with that accordingly and I'm sorry as I don't know why we didn't just explain that clearly to you.
Having initially been told I would be able to get the same deal as online, I got a call back later on. They forgot to mention I wouldn't get the £25 cash-back. Granted it is online only, but they took all my details set everything up then went sorry no you don't actually get the same deal despite what we originally told you.

That sounds like terminology might have been the problem there, when we refer to a "deal" that would usually refer to a deal or special offer and not cash-back through an affiliate site online.  I realise that's splitting hairs to some so apologies all the same.
Regarding what happens next it looks like the cease on the previous service has completed so we may just have to wait another day or so for the records to clear before we place your orders, I'll keep an eye on that for you.
If there's any other concerns or issues relating to the closure of the first account please just let me know and I hope we can turn things around after a shaky start!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team