cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apalling treatment

mview1

Apalling treatment

Word almost fail me.

I've been a PlusNet customer for about 15 years. I've referred loads of people to PlusNet, and had quite a few referral bonuses.  Thanks to the poor upload speed offered on the FTTC service,  I was thinking of leaving.  Now I'm certain I will:

I had a domain name for a small charity hosted on my PlusNet account.  I thought I should move it to an alternative place, so that it would be independent of my PlusNet service.  I set up the transfer process, and now I find that PlusNet immediately cancelled all DNS services for the domain -- before the transfer is complete.  So the website name doesn't resolve now.  And email goes undelivered. Poor, poor, poor.

I was going to contact PlusNet about this, and I find that the support system has changed, so I can't do anything besides phoning them up. I don't want to phone them up.  In 15 years of using PlusNet I've never had occasion to phone up. Their customer service used to be great, after all. 

Well, I guess it's goodbye.    

[Yes, this is my first forum post from this username.  Even my old forum account now seems not to work.  Nothing works. .I am one very annoyed customer.]

18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Apalling treatment

actually for your problem tickets are still available https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html

mview1

Aha.  Thank you.  That's well hidden!  I raised a ticket 24 hours ago.  No response yet.  The support stats page showing average wait times for the ticket system was last updated on 6th May, so I do wonder if anyone's actually reading the tickets...

PlusNet used to be so good.....

barquerole
Grafter

Is it not possible to chat online any longer? I wanted to do this today, but I kept getting an unavailable message all through the day

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@barquerole

If you have ad-blocking software or Ghostery installed in the browser then Chat may not work. You need to either disable it or whitelist Plusnet and the Live Chat site

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
barquerole
Grafter

I don't have either of those installed. When I try to use it, it comes back with a message saying that Chat Teams are not available, so that's not a blocking software issue - it just means they ain't there. You try it, they're meant to be there until 22:00 !

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

It's past their bed time now so the Chat button was greyed out. Sad

But the ad blocking software got me the first time I tried to use Chat . This is a problem as lots of people use blocking software to protect themselves. You don't expect your ISP site to require you to turn off the blocking software just to contact them Sad

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
barquerole
Grafter

Well, chat still doesn't work. Apparently, the support teams are not available

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Do you have a different browser you can try this in? I can assure you the chat teams are here, I'm sat pretty close to them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
barquerole
Grafter

I worked it out. If you scroll down on the drop down menu, for all but ONE of the options that you want to chat about, then chat works. However, if you choose that you are thinking of leaving, it doesn't - in other words you have no choice but to call up.

Wouldn't it make sense to take this option out of the drop down menu to save wasting people's time?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you click on thinking of leaving doesn't a subset list open to narrow down the reason? And choosing one of these lead to contact method(s) being shown appropriate for your choice?

In my case chat is not displayed at all if calling CS will be necessary.

David
mview1

The end of the story:  I've signed up with another ISP.    14 years a customer; so long.

I didn't even try the "I'm thinking of leaving" option. /* closes door quietly on the way out */

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear that Sad

All the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Zantos
Dabbler

Just be aware that when you leave as stated "PlusNet shut the door" - don't expect to be able to login and see any of your bills - including the last one. You are just sent a series of emails telling you that they have cleared your mailbox and deleted your logins - in other words we never really wanted you and don't care about any of your needs any more, if you want to know your final bill you just have to wait until it arrives - no curtesy email to inform you of how much it will be or sorry to loose you. Far happier to offer cheap offers to entice new customers!

Hello BT - faster broadband, same price, BT Wi-Fi, BT sports plus money from Top Cashback and after a year time to move again - I have my own email address and am quite happy to float between suppliers to get the best offers for newcomers until companies show some respect for existing customers.

barquerole
Grafter

Yep, I can endorse this. In my case I received a letter threatening me with a debt collector even though my account was in credit. Waited 20 minutes on the phone to them yesterday to sort the mess out.

What a shambles and very glad to be free of Plusnet.