cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another view

jjc
Grafter

Another view

I thought I should put my view forward as all I see on here are problems, I was originally with Vodafone but they passed all their customers over to Plusnet. Not long after the move my through-put went down to 2Mb I contacted Plusnet and once I provided them with some line statistics they very quickly sorted the problem (was in my local exchange) FTTC recently became available in my village so I contacted Plusnet to upgrade via the on-line chat they said that I should be able to do this from my account however it was not a listed option, the CC person was very apologetic about this as I was a bit premature as BT had only listed it as available on that day and he would fix it, I had to ring CC to do it as he could not (only bug in this is the wait to get answered) The switch to FTTC went without any serious issues (Plusnet put the wrong profile on the line, this was fixed within 24 hours, and the service has been totally stable since. I then subscribed to the TV option and again this has not had any issues. So to all of you that have had issues I feel your pain, but having been a manager of a very large CC team please work with them. It is not their fault they are just the SPOC for all the teams that generally work tirelessly in the background to keep what is a very technical service going.
John 
5 REPLIES 5
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Another view

work tirelessly in the background to keep what is a very technical service going.

UK ISP's have been working "tirelessly" since 1991 (that was in the previous millennium).
BT The GPO was involved in digital comms long before this - certainly commercially from the '70s
So they should have it sussed by now.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

"BT The GPO was involved in digital comms long before this - certainly commercially from the '70s"
I hate to tell you, but the "GPO" ceased to exist in 1969.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the post John and all the best.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

...the Post Office ceased to be a government
department and, on 1 October 1969, it became established as a
public corporation. The Act gave the Post Office the exclusive
privilege of running telecommunications systems with listed
powers to authorise others to run such systems. Effectively, the
new Post Office Corporation retained its telecommunications
monopoly.

BT wasn't incorporated until 1982.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

"BT wasn't incorporated until 1982."
Nobody said it wasn't. Read your own quote.