cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i a fool

babble
Grafter

Am i a fool

IM joining +net at the end of the month.  With all this hassle going on should i cancel and stay with sky or put my hope in these guys.
Just my luck innit
11 REPLIES 11
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Am i a fool

Swings and roundabouts really.
I've had absolutely no issues in the past year I've been with them as have many others.
If you do have a problem, I'd rather try and deal with PN than Sky, TalkTalk or BT (from many previous experiences).
I do feel they are a little understaffed and "overcustomered" at the moment but hopefully that will level out when the new call centre gets up to full steam.
robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Smiley Hi babble, I have also  been with MAAF/Plusnet for many years. When I have had problems (very few) they have always been resolved very quickly.
I recommended my Daughter & Son-in-Law to sign up with Plusnet after their house move meant they could no longer get Virgin cable. They signed up for Unlimited Broadband and Anytime Phone.
Every thing went without a hitch. Plusnet kept them updated by mobile phone & text during their move. Any minor delays were due to  to Open Reach.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I have been with PN for many years. Never had a major problem but when I've needed them they have always been very good. The one major problem they have is answering their phones in a reasonable length of time. and this needs improving.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: babble
With all this hassle going on should i cancel and stay with sky or put my hope in these guys.

By 'hassle' I assume you mean all the negative comments and frustration being vented in various forum posts. I wouldn't be too concerned - I think you'll find the same on any ISP's forum.
Also bear in mind that negative comments about PN's service are not censored, edited or removed; I'm not at all sure that applies with all ISPs.
Naturally, angry customers are going to post more than happy ones; indeed, I must admit, I only sing Plusnet's praises in threads like this one.
As DomS and artmo say, the major problem just now is the waiting time for the phone lines to be answered.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
ariosto
Dabbler

They were a very good ISP until a while back, not sure when. Now they are so bad that I would not touch them with a barge pole! I'm just leaving after about six years.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

In the past few days I had a internet access problem, an extremely rare event for me.
It was solved very quickly by a suggested solution from another customer.
I am very happy with the service I get from Plusnet and also from their customers via this forum.
10 years and counting.... Smiley
PS I help moderate this forum but I am just a customer with no special privileges.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Bjn
Grafter

I find this forum is best place to sort out problems, I was abroad at Easter and not due to return for 2 weeks when son contacted me that internet was down and he'd tried all the normal things to get back on line but no joy. I posted problem on this forum and within 4 hours a reply from ISP staff to inform son to try to reconnect and to our surprise the problem was fixed. How many other other ISP's can you get this kind of service.
To be honest the people who normal shout the loudest and longest are the impatient people with a problem. The happy people normally don't post and just get on quietly with life.
Go for it you'll get good service from Plusnet, I've had dealing with Sky re my mother broadband and it is not an experience I'd like to repeat in a hurry. Wink
Bjn
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Into my 6th year and just signed up for another 24 months. I've only had 2 problems for the want of a better term, the first was 2 days late in connection and the second was decaying speeds which turned out to be the master BT socket. It took a while to get sorted but I have never been without internet.
PN management need to pull their socks up regards the phone and ticket answer times but I can not fault the service from the guys on the coal face.
NedLudd
Grafter

I've been here just over a year. The only problem I've had was resolved via this forum in next to no time by the Digital Care Team.  Smiley
But, the telephone support seems to be overstretched and patchy so I wouldn't consider using that.  Sad
I was with Sky and BT before that and telephone support was very poor, and their own forums were hopeless!
As has been said already, the vast majority have no problems so have nothing to post about!  Grin
Geoff,
York.
KK
Grafter

When I switched my broadband over to Plusnet six months ago, it was because their prices seemed to be the best, and they were receiving high scores in customer satisfaction.  I have had no problem at all with my broadband and I have never needed to contact Customer Services.
But now that I am approaching the end of my LineRentalSaver deal with BT, I find that I cannot get through to Plusnet in order to discuss switching my landline from BT to Plusnet.  The information on the PlusNet website about LineRentalSaver is contradictory, and so are the responses on this forum (check out the 'LineRentalSaverConfusion' thread on the HomePhone forum).
Phone and Internet Service Providers are like the energy suppliers and life assurance providers - their products are identical, and they can only compete on price and call centre response times.
Take your pick.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

The DCT that come on the forums are excellent and do their very best to resolve problems for us.  The senior management at PN, however, are conspicuous by their absence and don't seem to want to know about problems, the main one being the time it takes to get a phone answered.